Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2011, 03:00 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,709,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
I cried about it then too. I don't know what your point is........my point is that this was passed on the down low, it had no business even being brought into any type of law, and that it is infringing on my right to do what I want to. Why the hell does the US government go through all of this convoluted b.s. to criminalize a game? Why does the Government care whether or not I play poker on my computer?
Who enforced it? Dems.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2011, 03:05 PM

22,140 posts, read 19,367,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Who enforced it? Dems.
The money laundering and bank fraud was enforced by the FBI.

Old 04-18-2011, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post

LOL, it took them 5 years to discover online poker.

Old 04-18-2011, 03:08 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,659,671 times
Quote:
hahah, again it sounds like the usual "the man be keepin me down" rhetoric used by criminal apologists

Old 04-18-2011, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
LOL, it took them 5 years to discover online poker.
From the looks of it, this looks like a rather long investigation. Regardless, the law should have never been passed in the first place, the actions taken by Kyl and Frist to ensure it became law after it initially passed the House and died in the Senate is indefensible.

Old 04-18-2011, 03:15 PM

Quote:
From the looks of it, this looks like a rather long investigation. Regardless, the law should have never been passed in the first place, the actions taken by Kyl and Frist to ensure it became law after it initially passed the House and died in the Senate is indefensible.

Well it must not be as egrigious as you lead us to believe, Obama had 2 years to change the law, and the Dem Congress 4 years and they did nada. A Dem conrolled FBI suddenly enforces the law.

Old 04-18-2011, 07:28 PM

77,772 posts, read 104,325,455 times
Quote:
3 online poker houses face fraud charges in NYC - WSJ.com (http://online.wsj.com/article/APdc705e2d700b4c0a88c52d878d7af4e7.html?KEYWORDS=p oker - broken link)

Online poker companies indicted for fraud - Apr. 15, 2011

I find it amazing that you Republicans feel it is appropriate for the Government to try to control what people do in their own homes with their resources, time and money, but you don't give a damn about jobs, the economy, healthcare, education, the drug problem, or about a thousand other things that REALLY are affecting Americans.

You people bitched and moaned about the nanny state, and then you pull some BS like this.

Big Government? Republicans.

You people disgust me. Make me want to get out of this country for good.
So this is the fault of the Republicans, would you like to find something else to blame them for doing?

Nita

Old 04-18-2011, 08:01 PM

555 posts, read 874,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubyanumberone View Post
What is worse is that poker is a game of skill. The best player ALWAYS wins in the long run. You are not playing the house, rather other players. Anyone who wants to debate me on this point better come prepared to look foolish b/c I will shred you with facts.
No one lives long enough to reach "the long run."

When players are of approximately equal skill, then luck becomes the determining factor.

"Skill" really means knowledge, and it is not hard to have all the knowledge there is to have about a particular poker game. Pro players in Vegas all wait around for a "fish" to show up so they can divide his bankroll among themselves. "Fish" are simply not as knowledgeable as the pros.

Low limit games are mostly luck because one cannot bluff effectively and raising has practically no effect.

There are many "coin flip" situations in tournaments where a pair is up against AK, for example. The winner of the tournament must win almost all of the coin flips he is involved in. If that ain't luck, I don't know what is.

Let the shredding begin.

Old 04-18-2011, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
So this is the fault of the Republicans, would you like to find something else to blame them for doing?

Nita
Do you realize how this became the law in the first place?

Old 04-18-2011, 08:21 PM

31,288 posts, read 20,662,810 times
Quote:
I think you should not tell me what I should be writing. Or are you one who believes that Big Government should control our every thought?

No, I despise Big Government.

I'm not from the government, but just trying to help you. You have it totally backwards.

It's Obama that is shutting down on line gambling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies