Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2010, 05:05 PM

1,650 posts, read 3,865,783 times

Advertisements

Even though I do not like Obamacare and felt like the Constitution was trampled on by our leaders, I was disturbed by the news of death threats on Democratic representatives. Honestly, do you really think people are going to listen if we threaten the lives of human beings? Probably not. Do you really think anyone is going to listen if we spit on our leaders or call them names? No. Do you thionk anyone is going to listen if throw bricks or shoot pellot guns at the offices of our leaders? No. All of these acts are going to make conservatives look like a bunch of crazy people when that is not the case at all.

If we want to make a difference in this country and get people to listen to us, we need to follow the example of Martin Luther King Jr. Martin Luther King believed that he could make a difference through PEACEFUL protests and he made a difference.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2010, 05:42 PM

422 posts, read 757,244 times
Change breeds ignorance and stupidity plain and simple..threads like " when is it time to take arms" are just stupid...

What you gonna do walk down the streets with guns in your hands?? I don't think you'll last very long alive.

Republicans and Big Business brought this upon themselves...for the last 8 years Big Business and Republicans have been raping middle america for everything we've got....google big business vs. Middle america and you'll see what I mean. For a long time fat cats keep getting fatter at our expense.

How much money has been spent on the Iraq War? How much money has the Insurance Companies spent on advertising and pocket money to have the bill squashed? How much money have Insurance companies made from declining service from long time paying customers? LOTS AND LOTS OF MONEY...so much money that if you combine these 3 amounts we probably could of paid for health insurance for every American for the next 10 years??? Don't like the truth...too bad

Republicans talk about how Obama is breaking the country, HEY DUMMIES!! you freaking broke it already he's trying to fix it. If we would of had McCain in office what would he have done??? NOTHING because big business and big Insurance has the GOP in their big fat pocket.

Do I agree with everything Obama is doing? NO but something has to be done before big business and big insurance has their way with us ...a root canal costs 1500 even with insurance does this sound fair to you???? IT's total BS.

Sit tight Republicans and watch while the Democrats try to dig us out of this hole you got us into...don't throw dirt at them because that hole is pretty deep maybe in 8 years you guys will have your turn again because it won't be in the next election.

Old 03-24-2010, 05:44 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,633,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tejano2828 View Post
for the last 8 years Big Business and Republicans have been raping middle america for everything we've got....google big business vs. Middle america and you'll see what I mean. For a long time fat cats keep getting fatter at our expense.
Funny thing is they had Democrat support on pretty much everything they did. People are stupid enough to believe that the Dems care about people. They don't. They have their own corporate masters to serve.

Old 03-24-2010, 05:47 PM

4,272 posts, read 3,789,619 times
Threatening physical violence for the way a guy votes... now that's the American way!

I am so very proud.

Old 03-24-2010, 05:54 PM

1,928 posts, read 3,646,366 times
This is taking me back to the 60's and 70's with all the violence and we all know how well that went.

The true feelings of the people are being overshawdowed by the threats and talk of armed rebellion. Now no one will listen.

I thought we were suppose to learn from our mistakes.

Guess not.

Old 03-24-2010, 06:00 PM

207 posts, read 963,876 times
I agree, violence is not the answer... moving is. If I could I would do anything to move to another country, almost any other industrialized nation would be better. Unfortunately they have learned from our mistake of letting anyone and everyone in and they have much stricter rules about who gets citizenship.

Old 03-24-2010, 06:03 PM

3,047 posts, read 2,827,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geofra View Post
Threatening physical violence for the way a guy votes... now that's the American way!

I am so very proud.

This is a modern-day political Reichstag burning being plotted by a bunch of modern day Nazis in the Democratic party to discredit their political opposition...and the Democrats' organ grinder monkeys in the media report it without blinking an eye or questioning where the evidence of it is.

Old 03-24-2010, 06:06 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,462,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebelt1234 View Post
Even though I do not like Obamacare and felt like the Constitution was trampled on by our leaders, I was disturbed by the news of death threats on Democratic representatives. Honestly, do you really think people are going to listen if we threaten the lives of human beings? Probably not. Do you really think anyone is going to listen if we spit on our leaders or call them names? No. Do you thionk anyone is going to listen if throw bricks or shoot pellot guns at the offices of our leaders? No. All of these acts are going to make conservatives look like a bunch of crazy people when that is not the case at all.

If we want to make a difference in this country and get people to listen to us, we need to follow the example of Martin Luther King Jr. Martin Luther King believed that he could make a difference through PEACEFUL protests and he made a difference.
Consider the source. You have one leftist politician, noted for lying, making completely baseless allegations. You choose to believe him, while most sane people would not.

Nor would I put it past Democrats to create numerous acts of violence in an attempt to blame Republicans. Just like they did last August in Denver.

Maybe you should consider verifying what you hear, instead of latching on to the first lying politician that comes your way.

Old 03-24-2010, 06:08 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,537,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catrick View Post
This is taking me back to the 60's and 70's with all the violence and we all know how well that went.

The true feelings of the people are being overshawdowed by the threats and talk of armed rebellion. Now no one will listen.

I thought we were suppose to learn from our mistakes.

Guess not.

The difference this time is the internet and our email inboxes have been flooded with hate generating crap ever since Obama won the election. It's so pervasive and so much alike that it HAS be a deliberately orchestrated campaign for some reason.

And what might that reason be? To foment violence, to undermine the established order, perhaps even to get someone killed, so that whoever is behind it (I've got my suspicions) can ride into Washington at the head of a little para-military force and take over the government "temporarily" to "save" America.

Don't think it can't happen and don't think there aren't people ready, willing and able to do it right now.

Old 03-24-2010, 06:11 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,537,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DraggingCanoe View Post
This is a modern-day political Reichstag burning being plotted by a bunch of modern day Nazis in the Democratic party to discredit their political opposition...and the Democrats' organ grinder monkeys in the media report it without blinking an eye or questioning where the evidence of it is.

You're comparing all Democrats to the Nazi's? Good Lord, man. Did you not see ANYTHING over the previous 30 years? Do you know NOTHING of Fascism or how it came to be?

There's somebody out there who are as Fascist as they come, but it's not the Obama wing of the Democratic party. There are Democrats involved in it, alright, but not that wing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies