Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2011, 07:23 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,774,139 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by miyu View Post
Change that to unhealthy heterosexual lifestyle in general rather than female lifestyle... cuz you know that the HPV has to come from somewhere and it's got to be men.

But yes it is true. Almost all women have been subjected to HPV infection at one point or another, via men. Hence the high rate of cervical cancer and need for PAP smears. All the article proves is that gay men might benefit from anal PAPs.
Also notice the article said with regular anal paps, this is very very treatable. It's not like anal warts are a death sentence when caught early. Where as the OP claims it kills you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2011, 07:25 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,774,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
Perhaps this thread is about the risk of becoming gay.

Gays on City Data are always crying about how they should be treated the same as anyone else. Well, at least explain to everyone else that as great as homosexuality is, that it might kill you. The possiblility is greater than if you are heterosexual.

I had a cousin in California, seemed like a bright kid, he got talked into being gay and died at 30. AIDS.

I don't want my kids to do that.
How does one get "talked into" being gay?

Old 04-18-2011, 07:28 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,474,184 times
Quote:
I never said recruit. I said that most of the posts I see on CD, make it sound like it's normal. I think that for once people should hear what some of the risks are.
I'm not going to discriminate against people because of the risks involved with whatever it is they do.

[even normal activities have risks]

2,608 posts, read 2,097,333 times
So who gets to pay for all this extra health care you need due to your unhealthy lifestyle???

10,854 posts, read 9,301,747 times
Quote:
Anal cancer among the gay and bisexual men

Gay Lifestyle Is Unhealthy.

Homosexuals have a "far greater" incidence of HPV than heterosexuals. 65% for non HIV gays and 95% for gays with HIV.

When homosexuals try to equate HPV stats for gays to HPV stats for heterosexual people, and try to make it seem like they are the same, they are lying. Intentionally.

If you're going to glorify homosexuality on City Data - it would be responsible for you to at least acknowledge the anal warts that homosexuals are in store for. The HPV risk of anal cancer and the higher risk of AIDS.

The YMCA may be fun .... but anal warts are no joke.
Are you speaking from experience?

Old 04-18-2011, 07:31 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,051,128 times
Nah.

It's homophobia.

Turning an organ that's primary purpose is evacuating waste, into a glory hole is fine and dandy!

Old 04-18-2011, 07:33 PM

760 posts, read 685,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earlyretired View Post
So who gets to pay for all this extra health care you need due to your unhealthy lifestyle???
Probably the same people who pay for the obese, the smokers, the alcoholics....the list goes on...

Old 04-18-2011, 07:36 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,101,264 times
Quote:

You're trying to tell Americans that homosexuals are just as healthy as anyone else. The usual bombardment of gays trying to say that being gay is wonderful and that there are no health risks when there are great risks .... including death as a result of your behavior.

Why don't you include this information in all of your gay rights posts?

Perhaps this thread is about the risk of becoming gay.

Gays on City Data are always crying about how they should be treated the same as anyone else. Well, at least explain to everyone else that as great as homosexuality is, that it might kill you. The possiblility is greater than if you are heterosexual.

I had a cousin in California, seemed like a bright kid, he got talked into being gay and died at 30. AIDS.

I don't want my kids to do that.
You're accusing me of ignoring things I don't ignore and never have. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you haven't read all my posts, but I have addressed these issues dozens of times.

I'm fully aware of the fact that gays (especially gay men) have higher rates of many STDs, especially HIV/AIDS. I'm also fully aware of the fact that gays (especially gay men) turn to drugs and alcohol at higher rates than the rest of our general society. I'm also fully aware of the fact that the two go hand in hand. Higher rates of self-destructive drug and alcohol abuse in the gay community fuel the higher rates of HIV/AIDS - the two are inseparable. I'm greatly saddened by this. It breaks my heart. I want nothing more than to change it. To do that, you first have to understand why things are that way.

HIV/AIDS is most often contracted by having promiscuous, unprotected sex with multiple partners. This type of behavior is indicative of a larger problem and is almost always accompanied by other self-destructive behaviors such as drug and alcohol abuse (you should look at the link between crystal meth abuse in the gay community and HIV - every single gay man I've personally known with HIV was abusing crystal meth when he contracted it). This is an unhealthy lifestyle - both physically and emotionally. It is certainly not the "gay lifestyle" or the lifestyle of most gay men. Yes, gay men do turn to such unhealthy lifestyles more often than the rest of society, but it's still only a small minority of gay men who do. The question then is why.

I think the answer is pretty damn simple. Our society torments gay youth. Imagine you're 12 and gay (I knew I was gay at 10). Every day you hear from your church and your parents about the evils of homosexuality. You hear about how much your friends at school hate ****. Gay kids in this country grow up hating themselves. Most gay people eventually break away from this culture of anti-gay hate and achieve some level of self-love and self-acceptance, but some don't. It's little wonder then that gay men turn to self-destructive behaviors at higher rates than the rest of society - they're self-medicating years, sometimes decades, of internalized self-hatred.

You made a comment above that truly strikes me as ignorant. You claimed you're simply warning people about the dangers of becoming gay. Nobody becomes gay. I'm a man who is sexually and emotionally attracted to other men. I didn't make a choice to become that way. I've always been that way. No amount of educating me about the "dangers" of that could change it. Furthermore, not only is it ignorant, it's precisely the type of message that leads to the problem you're complaining about. The true danger is in teaching people to vilify, demonize, shame, and scorn gay youth thereby forcing them into closets of internalized self-hatred.

You said above you don't want your kids living a life where they get AIDS. Well, here is some advice. The best way to fight HIV/AIDS - they best way to prevent the next generation from spreading the disease - is to love and accept gay youth. Tell them they're perfectly valid human beings deserving of love and respect. Tell them they're perfectly fine and normal and acceptable they way they are. Teach your kids to treat gay people, and their gay peers, with respect. Encourage your gay son to find a nice, steady boyfriend and bring him over for dinner. Teach him about STDs, about condoms, about responsible alcohol consumption, and about how the most meaningful relationships are developed slowly and that sex is best after an emotional bond has been formed.

If you found out your teenage son were gay (or if he told you he is), the best way to make sure he gets AIDS would be to tell him that he is is wrong, sinful, deviant and that he needs to change. I can't think of a better way to drive a vulnerable, self-hating teenage boy to drug and alcohol abuse and a life riddled with unhealthy decisions.

Old 04-18-2011, 07:37 PM

2,608 posts, read 2,097,333 times
Smokers and drinkers, particularly smokers PAY HUGE taxes....

There have been plenty of calls to tax salty fatty foods and even Pop...

So if these geniuses in Seattle have finally figured out Gay sex is unhealthy why don't they TAX it???

Old 04-18-2011, 07:41 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Misleading thread title. Seattle Public Health did not say what is claimed in title.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies