Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2011, 12:10 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,566,757 times

Advertisements

You liberals are so hypocritical! You dare to profess to be champions of human rights, but are the first to want to step all over our first amendment right to free speech. Speech may offend at times, but that does not give you the right to censor it, or demonize anyone that doesn't tow the banner of political correctness. Diversity of thought is something to cherish and protect, because from that is where greatness springs. We need to embrace freedom of expression and not take it for granted. I fear we are losing that abiiity to the thought police. Stop censorship. Hate speech laws are not only offensive, but a significant infringement on our liberty. We all lose.
I happen to love Bill Maher - he offends me all the time, I vehemently disagree with his progressive politics, but I enjoy his humor and his wit. In this clip, I agree with him. He says conformity is our problem.

YouTube - Bill Maher & Dennis Miller on Free Speech vs Political Correctness (2002)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2011, 12:24 AM

22,190 posts, read 19,466,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
You liberals are so hypocritical! You dare to profess to be champions of human rights, but are the first to want to step all over our first amendment right to free speech. Speech may offend at times, but that does not give you the right to censor it, or demonize anyone that doesn't tow the banner of political correctness. Diversity of thought is something to cherish and protect, because from that is where greatness springs. We need to embrace freedom of expression and not take it for granted. I fear we are losing that abiiity to the thought police. Stop censorship. Hate speech laws are not only offensive, but a significant infringement on our liberty. We all lose.
I happen to love Bill Maher - he offends me all the time, I vehemently disagree with his progressive politics, but I enjoy his humor and his wit. In this clip, I agree with him. He says conformity is our problem.

YouTube - Bill Maher & Dennis Miller on Free Speech vs Political Correctness (2002)
Of course she has the right to make idiotic statements, or send out idiotic racist e-mails, but that doesn't mean that as a public official she can say whatever she wants and not suffer any consequences from the public she represents, in this case it was the OC GOP that kicked her to the curb.

Old 04-21-2011, 02:08 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,447,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
Probably as many as the liberal progressive elitists who called Bush names.....

Hey at least you tell it as it really is, what's wrong, what is good for BUSH IS NOT GOOD FOR OBAMA! Hate to say it like this, but things do go two ways.

Old 04-21-2011, 02:14 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,447,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
I think Obama looks more like the back end of a donkey.

You got that right! and a mighty long tail. I don't think Obama has thick skin at all, no one can say anything about him, debate him, disagree with him, without him getting his attitude.

Hate to say this, but i know Dems, who laughed when they saw the picture, they really laughed, it may be a funny picture, but in all reality, if it was done in spite, or to hurt, then that was not a nice thing to do. Nor is it right to make fun of previous President's, or what is good for the goose, certainly is good for the other.

Old 04-21-2011, 02:19 AM

7,975 posts, read 7,353,461 times
Back in '08, when he was running, one of my daughter's friends commented that Obama looked somewhat like Curious George...

Old 04-22-2011, 01:14 AM

11,944 posts, read 14,784,939 times
Default faux religious agendas- ALL OF THEM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
With pictures og Bush as a monkey'Obama's faith leader callig white devils;his campign calling Hillary and bill clinton racist ;his callign the police stuipd for aresting his buddy while admittig he did know the sitatuion ;blacks callig blacks uncle tom because they are consewrvative;racism is mor epolitcal than anyhting else now days. Its becoming just a policical card like many others.That is waht happens when you cry wolf everytime.
More poo flinging, but Bush isn't a monkey?

Obama's Rev Wright doesn't BELONG in an election and I doubt seriously he is worthy of the collar. He's a hate preacher same as Hagee.
Obama's support from Father Pfleger- he abused his authority and Catholics worldwide registered their grievances with the man loud and clear to the Bishop. Nothing that man said or did on that podium represents the teachings of Catholicism and he has no right to misrepresent the faith.
Where is the outrage from Evangelical community toward Hagee?
No honorable mention of Sarah Palin?
"Non-denominational Christianity" where the claim of 'restructuring of all American churches' to serve "Joel's Army"??? Explain to me how this isn't a cult:
The Fed needs to be replaced by theocracy, The churches taking over public schools, God owned media? Who's voting for that Tex? "Born again politicians"

YouTube - Sarah Palin Gets Protection From Witches
Too bad they didn't pray for her to be protected from herself! Ooops, maybe they inadvertently did???

How about the Christian Zionist Rev Hagee praying for rapture???

YouTube - McCain takes endorsement from religious HATEMONGER-1/3

YouTube - Edwards Anti-Catholicism Exposed
Edwards would not have my support if the same people in his office had a problem with Jews, Baptists, or Lutherans. It was BS and they had no place in leading this nation. Will we see the same rebuke of Davenport from FOX? Not a chance!

Is this not clear & ample enough evidence that the Church needs to get back in the Church business and not in the governing by remote control manipulation business? Even worse is the carnival barker money worshipers they're calling a religion. It's one thing to have a lively debate on issues coming from our unique religious origins, but another thing entirely when we impose that specific religious view upon all others through writ/ legislation.

If ANY of the above mentioned preachers were walking their talk and teaching their flock to walk their talk in life, none of this would have any place in an election hence forth. We'd make our judgments IAW free will specified in personal religious doctrine and the free will specified in the constitution. To do otherwise only pits Christians against Christians and I'm against that abuse of Christianity happening in politics. Separation of Church and state needs to be official.
I believe McCain did the right thing.

YouTube - John McCain Finally Rejects Pastor Hagee's Endorsement
Obama should have taken the same firm stance toward Farrakhan with a no thank you. Ron Paul should take no money for influence from supremacists. None of the above have any legitimate ground to stand when the constitutional oath to serve ALL is involved. JFK had to put his Catholicism in check to serve as President.
Quote:
"I will put no doctrine of any church above the plain duties of the office and the sovereign authority of the law."
It's the nature of the SECULAR job they hold. That same tradition has been upheld by Protestant presidents before him. That tradition of limiting religion to a tempering/ advisory capacity ONLY needs to be preserved.

Old 04-22-2011, 01:39 AM

11,944 posts, read 14,784,939 times
Quote:
You liberals are so hypocritical! You dare to profess to be champions of human rights, but are the first to want to step all over our first amendment right to free speech.
Does my right to free speech include issuing a fatwha on claudhopper or screaming fire in a crowded movie theater?

Quote:
Speech may offend at times, but that does not give you the right to censor it, or demonize anyone
Demon is as demon does. Don't be one, you won't be called one, and you won't be treated as one. You want a world where free speech has no consequence and it's irrational but predictable if you've made a habit thinking you're the only citizen with rights. Rights are in practice actually responsibilities. Speech, by law, does have consequences.

Old 04-22-2011, 08:29 AM

7,605 posts, read 4,846,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
With pictures og Bush as a monkey'Obama's faith leader callig white devils;his campign calling Hillary and bill clinton racist ;his callign the police stuipd for aresting his buddy while admittig he did know the sitatuion ;blacks callig blacks uncle tom because they are consewrvative;racism is mor epolitcal than anyhting else now days. Its becoming just a policical card like many others.That is waht happens when you cry wolf everytime.
Can you document your assertion about Rev. Wright?

Old 04-22-2011, 09:07 AM

1,777 posts, read 1,403,372 times
Quote:
You liberals are so hypocritical! You dare to profess to be champions of human rights, but are the first to want to step all over our first amendment right to free speech. Speech may offend at times, but that does not give you the right to censor it, or demonize anyone that doesn't tow the banner of political correctness.
Freedom of speech does not mean freedom from criticism. Nobody is censoring Davenport. No governmental agency has tried to punish her criminally for her despicable email. And no right to demonize? Take a look at half the threads here, that are little more than "Obama said this" or "somebody else said that" followed by dozens of "Grr, that guy is horrible!" posts.

Quote:
Diversity of thought is something to cherish and protect, because from that is where greatness springs.
Please let me know how a racist email comparing Obama to a chimp contributes to the diversity of thought that makes us great.

Old 04-22-2011, 09:33 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,978,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
This email is another example of the racist nature of teabaggers.
More lies, lies, lies. How DARE you lump all people that advocate fiscal responsibility in with the person that sent that disgusting email.

I attend Tea Party events. I am NOT racist. This race baiting really has to end.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies