Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2011, 08:17 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,806,871 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
I guess we need to rename TParty Rally's to "Milk Duds" events.
Better than Trumpka's astroturf events any day!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2011, 08:18 AM

20,232 posts, read 19,799,519 times
Why are so many confusing Tea Partiers with male homosexuals who put their testicles in close proximity to another male's face.

I doubt very seriously if you'll see that type of behavior among athe great majority of Tea Partiers.

Maybe at the Folsom Street or Up You Alley Fairs in San Francisco, but not at a TP gathering.

Old 04-19-2011, 08:20 AM

9,848 posts, read 8,255,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
"Only 300 people (including a horde of Palmetto political operatives) attended the event in downtown Columbia, S.C.It’s also roughly a tenth the size of the crowd that attended this same event in 2009."

"Tea party draws 500 to tax-day rally"

This was supposed to be their big push. Not looking too good for them

Hundreds gather in Chicago for tea party rally - chicagotribune.com

SC Tea Party Rally A Dud :: :: FITSNewsFITSNews
There is no election at this time.
Only government unions under fire in the states would have large rallies at this time IMO.

Old 04-19-2011, 08:21 AM

37,940 posts, read 17,751,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
Why can't you admit the tea baggers named themselves tea baggers in the first place?
PLUS their ridiculous platform laundry list of complaints pointing a bony finger of blame at anyone else but themselves. They put reagan and bush in office, and the fiddler for malfeasance came due. Millenials ever want to hold up who was to blame, they need only reference archives of tea party. History will not be kind.
The Tea Party did not exist when Bush and Reagan was in office. The Tea Party came about in 2007 under Ron Paul. Amazing how people refuse to see the truth but instead make things up in order to cover up supporting a weak and destructive agenda.

Anyone who believes we can continue to live beyond our means and continue with runaway spending has not been paying attention or is blinded by partisan agendas.

The uninformed and ignorant who supported the destructive platforms for the democratic and republican parties need not discuss politics. They have proven they do not qualify ONE IOTA to discuss policies on how to run the country successfully. As if we need them to run things, gee they've done so well so far. pfffft

Just as I would not frequent a restaurant run by someone who has driven restaurants into the ground for the last decade I would not listen to the same failed polices of manipulation from the ones who caused the crisis.
I do not need history to tell me the republican and democratic platforms of spend now and plan later are destructive and ineffective.

Old 04-19-2011, 08:22 AM

90,316 posts, read 120,300,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
"Only 300 people (including a horde of Palmetto political operatives) attended the event in downtown Columbia, S.C.It’s also roughly a tenth the size of the crowd that attended this same event in 2009."

"Tea party draws 500 to tax-day rally"

This was supposed to be their big push. Not looking too good for them

Hundreds gather in Chicago for tea party rally - chicagotribune.com

SC Tea Party Rally A Dud :: :: FITSNewsFITSNews
I'll add:

Tea party draws fewer to tax day rally | denver, tea, draws - Colorado Springs Gazette, CO

"The conservative crowd gathered outside the state Capitol numbered a couple hundred, large by weekday standards but nothing like the thousands who mobbed the Capitol lawn in previous years."

Old 04-19-2011, 08:23 AM

37,813 posts, read 21,902,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
I guess we need to rename TParty Rally's to "Milk Duds" events.
They had 6,000 people in Madison, is there some new attendance standard now for political rallies that we are unaware of?

The left loves to lower standards, when it comes to rating the quality of public civility, presidential performance, the economy, unemployment, and pretty much anywhere else, except when it comes to the attendance numbers for TEA party rallies.

Old 04-19-2011, 08:24 AM

9,848 posts, read 8,255,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
The Tea Party did not exist when Bush and Reagan was in office. The Tea Party came about in 2007 under Ron Paul. Amazing how people refuse to see the truth but instead make things up in order to cover up supporting a weak and destructive agenda.

Anyone who believes we can continue to live beyond our means and continue with runaway spending has not been paying attention or is blinded by partisan agendas.

The uninformed and ignorant who supported the destructive platforms for the democratic and republican parties need not discuss politics. They have proven they do not qualify ONE IOTA to discuss policies on how to run the country successfully. As if we need them to run things, gee they've done so well so far. pfffft

Just as I would not frequent a restaurant run by someone who has driven restaurants into the ground for the last decade I would not listen to the same failed polices of manipulation from the ones who caused the crisis.
I do not need history to tell me the republican and democratic platforms of spend now and plan later are destructive and ineffective.
Ron Paul had almost nothing to do with it.
The creator of the Tea Party was Obama. He was so outrageous he awoke a sleeping giant.

Old 04-19-2011, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
I'll add:

Tea party draws fewer to tax day rally | denver, tea, draws - Colorado Springs Gazette, CO

"The conservative crowd gathered outside the state Capitol numbered a couple hundred, large by weekday standards but nothing like the thousands who mobbed the Capitol lawn in previous years."
They are prob either out looking for a job, or are too poor to afford the high costs for the gas to drive to the state capital.

Old 04-19-2011, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
Ron Paul had almost nothing to do with it.
The creator of the Tea Party was Obama. He was so outrageous he awoke a sleeping giant.
0bama, Pelosi and Reid have almost done this country a favor, by waking up people who have not been paying attention to politics, and showing them what the left and liberalism is truly all about, and the people are rejecting it completely.

Old 04-19-2011, 08:34 AM

23,351 posts, read 17,033,588 times
Tornados and loss of homes, business and lives in N & S Carolina, etc may have put a damper on the rally.

Hard-hit areas of South in 'recovery mode' after deadly tornadoes - CNN

Of course conscripted union members were exempt from T-party gatherings unlike D-party out of state bussed in protestors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies