Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2011, 07:29 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,728,101 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bc42gb43 View Post
That has absolutely nothing to do with the sheer ignorance of claiming that the Founding Fathers ended slavery. And that the battles of Lexington and Concord took place in New Hampshire. And publicly calling for investigations into whether members of Congress are anti-American. And so on, and so on.

Obama is a much better debater than lots of people give him credit for - during the health care debate he took on the entire House GOP caucus and came out having comfortably won.
There was no debate. It was a fake summit and the bill was forced on the people WITHOUT a debate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2011, 07:32 AM

45,230 posts, read 26,437,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
He'll debate her if she gets the party nomination. All you have to do is make that happen and you'll see these two on stage together. There is no reason why ANY sitting president would debate someone just thinking about running for president and elevate that person up by doing so. What's he suppose to do, debate all 10-12 Republican hopefuls? Put your best man/woman up after the primaries and then you'll get your debate. That's the way it works.
Bachman isn't my pick, but the executive presiding over the most transparent administration ever (lol), should be forced to defend his positions to the people in an open debate forum.

Old 04-19-2011, 07:35 AM

4,264 posts, read 9,278,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I would like to see the President debate this donkey. Why waste the President's time except for sheer entertainment.

I do not agree with much of President Obama's policies because they are too compromising. I would have taken the opportunity during the first two years to remove us from the Middle East, restructured the debt and tax system, reduced both legal and illegal immigration, replaced student loans with government financing, eliminated the gasohol program and a myriad of other right wing subsidies. I would also have looked at President T. Roosevelt’s business regulation system and reinstated most of his programs.

Because of the very nature of my preferred policies and my complete lack of personal wealth I would never be able to finance a campaign.
You do understand to accomplish all you metioned you would have done as president would have requried Congressional assistance? Why would either party want to do anything that would be beneficial to our country??? I am sure Obama had all sorts of big plans about what he would and would not do, how is that working for him, other than ObamaCare that is? For some reason people on here seem to give presidents WAY more power than they really have.

In regards to the OP, Bachmann debating Obama, sure let's show the country just how far the GOP has come.

Old 04-19-2011, 07:39 AM

7,214 posts, read 9,393,969 times
I would love to see it happen. Obama would wipe the floor with her.

Seriously, if Michelle Bachmann is the best the GOP can come up with, they are in trouble. The retardation of the political process by the radical right in this country continues...

Old 04-19-2011, 07:44 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,815,462 times
Forget Obama, I will debate with her on TV.

Old 04-19-2011, 07:46 AM

1,777 posts, read 1,402,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
There was no debate. It was a fake summit and the bill was forced on the people WITHOUT a debate.
Obama, House Republicans Debate Their Divisions - NYTimes.com

Obama engaged in a back and forth with the House GOP in a public forum, sounds like a debate to me.

Quote:
Yeah he's a great snake-oil sales - all talk.
Agreed, he said lots of things during the campaign that made me think he would govern much less right-leaning than he has. I'm just pointing out that people here have been claiming that Obama's a terrible debater, but that's just not beared out by history.

Old 04-19-2011, 07:49 AM

13,648 posts, read 20,775,774 times
Bachmann wants to debate Obama

I'd put my money on Obama. If it touched on history, TKO.

Old 04-19-2011, 08:01 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,109,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
According to Beck. (Fredrick Douglas was not a Founding Father.) But either way, that doesn't address the fact that Bachmann is claiming that the Founding Fathers ended slavery.

The sad thing is, they had a chance, and didn't.

Old 04-19-2011, 08:02 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,109,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
It won't take much to out debate someone with an unknown IQ who has hid their college transcripts and was probably an "affirmitive action" student admitted to Harvard.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Amazing what one can pull out of an orifice.

Old 04-19-2011, 08:15 AM

9,598 posts, read 16,565,019 times
Watching Bachmann debate Obama would be like watching the Minnesota Vikings fight against real Vikings. All Republicans would have left is hope for tomorrow, if they were lucky.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies