Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2011, 07:59 PM

4,696 posts, read 5,797,870 times

Advertisements

Without welfare eventually our ghettos would turn into nice safe communities.Low income women would no longer pick bad boys and thugs to have illegitimate children with and then go on welfare. The consequences would be too dire. Instead low income women would choose decent, family oriented gentlemen. Marriage would make a comeback. Crime and all social problems would drastically decline as children would be raised in a loving two parent home with a positive male role model.

. Basically all the men that ghetto women today think are too nice, the ones with zero thug appeal are the exact men who make the best husbands and fathers. These men are the cornerstone of Western civilizaton. Without welfare they would be in demand, not the gang memeber,crack addict, criminal, or as some ghetto women say "soldier". These are the worst males who have ever lived on this earth and without welfare women would fear and hate the thugs not make babies with them. Eventually ghetto areas would be decent, like they were before LBJs Great Society and War on Poverty ruined everything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2011, 08:22 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,255,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Time and Space View Post
Hopefully one day you won't end up living in one...

Never going to happen.

Hard work pays off and anyone who lives in one can WORK themselves out of that situation if they are willing to put out the effort.

Old 04-23-2011, 08:27 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,958,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilgi View Post
That is a pretty condescending attitude you have regarding people on welfare. Assuming that without the trap of welfare they would not be able to better themselves? How sad.

Look back to the ghettos before we started "helping" people like we do now.

We have done a great job basically entrapping people.

Ban drugs, create an underground.

Create a minimum wage, eliminate entry level and apprenticeship jobs.

Create welfare that stops if you start to get a ahead.

Jail people as they try and get ahead by dealing in illegal trades.

Maybe we need to stop all of our "help".
I'm really starting to think so. Of the billions of dollars we've spent on the "War" on poverty and the "War" on drugs we don't appear to be winning either. Perhaps it's time to cut our losses. Banning drugs creates a huge black market for people with otherwise limited money making options. More laws just creates more criminals.

Old 04-23-2011, 08:33 PM

1,230 posts, read 1,035,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
The problem is the self segregation of blacks and the segregation brought about by Federal or State housing.

For one, we can't afford to pay for anyone's life anymore unless they are massively disabled.
We should have a 6 month limit to social programs unless there are extraordinary problems.

Government is the problem. Like a drug they have been financing ghettos (of all nationalities).
People used to go to charities and church. Those people would help, help them find work, or shame them if they were just lazy good for nothings.

Our current system doesn't work.

After 6 months there should be harsher living conditions that aren't fun so people would want to get off the system.
We should also regularly drug test those collecting government support. If positive, off the dole.
Yeah, let's fund trillions for endless, useless, wars and kill more brown people- that makes moral and fiscal sense. Yep, yep, sign me up for that!

Old 04-23-2011, 08:40 PM

3,359 posts, read 7,309,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
Without welfare eventually our ghettos would turn into nice safe communities.Low income women would no longer pick bad boys and thugs to have illegitimate children with and then go on welfare. The consequences would be too dire. Instead low income women would choose decent, family oriented gentlemen. Marriage would make a comeback. Crime and all social problems would drastically decline as children would be raised in a loving two parent home with a positive male role model.

. Basically all the men that ghetto women today think are too nice, the ones with zero thug appeal are the exact men who make the best husbands and fathers. These men are the cornerstone of Western civilizaton. Without welfare they would be in demand, not the gang memeber,crack addict, criminal, or as some ghetto women say "soldier". These are the worst males who have ever lived on this earth and without welfare women would fear and hate the thugs not make babies with them. Eventually ghetto areas would be decent, like they were before LBJs Great Society and War on Poverty ruined everything.
Sounds like the exact same sentiment or thoughts I shared a few posts back...hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Never going to happen.

Hard work pays off and anyone who lives in one can WORK themselves out of that situation if they are willing to put out the effort.
Hard work doesn't always pay off...that's a myth...

One can work in a potato field their whole life, picking produce...and that will never pay off...thier body will wear out before they get good return for their labour...

Hard work doesn't always pay off...

People get ahead, not cause they work hard, but cause they're placed in situations where they can advance, or where someone see's potential in them and gives them a higher paying position...

People, are why other people succeed, not 'hard work'...

Many slaves worked hard their whole lives, and never advanced...

I've worked jobs where I bust my butt, just to see the owners 19 year old son given a management position, or siblings given reign over the fortune 500 company...

None of them worked hard...their father just handed the business to them...

There's a lot more to getting ahead in life than just 'working hard'...you need a lot of breaks along the way...

Old 04-23-2011, 10:00 PM

69,368 posts, read 63,884,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J746NEW View Post
For the people in the slums, It takes money also to start a business, and 58 days or even 100 does not matter if you have no money to start with.
Thats bull crap.. Not all busiensses require hundreds of thousands of dollars.. I started mine with absolutely NOTHING.. it may not have been the most efficient method, but it worked..
Quote:
Lack of Jobs in the US? Well, with all the stories of 100+ going for the same job, would indicate there are some problems there. Cutting welfare would only make that number grow larger, and with more in the market for a job would push wages down even further.
You rent seriously trying to compre the "lack of jobs" in america, to the "lack of jobs" in Mexico, and pretend they are even close to the same, are you?
Quote:
Value of the dollar continues to drop? Check
Yep. due to the tens of trillions needed to substain welfare programs, the value of our dollar has dropped.. You dont thin, these things are free, do you?
Quote:
We certainly have plenty of corruption in our government? Check
I get it.. now the US Govt is just like Mexico.. give me a break!!!
Quote:
Not so much on crime, but cut welfare and its a given that would increase. People need to survive and will do what they must do.
Um.. people collecting welfare are already committing crimes, ever hear of the drug problem in america?
Quote:
I'd say were headed Mexico's direction from the looks of things.
We sure are, but you want to sit here and celebrate the very things causing this to take place...
Quote:
We may not have shanties and shoddy buildings like they do in Mexico, but they exist from a by gone era and not because of today's conditions. For example the dilapidated and falling into disrepair buildings in Detroit.
Detroits problem is due to a lack of population to fill up the vacant housing.. Thats not even close to the same as Mexico..

Old 04-23-2011, 10:27 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,330,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post

With a growing number of Americans unable to earn a decent standard of living, there will be fewer marriages and fewer kids.

Somehow a lot of SRO housing would need to be privately created, except that government has been trying for decades to eliminate SRO housing, and NIMBYs come out of the woodwork whenever someone wants to build an SRO.

Until government allows the rebuilding of SRO housing, low income singles will crowd together in apartments and houses, often in violation of local zoning and housing ordinances which restrict the number of unrelated individuals who may occupy a dwelling.

The expanding presence of low income singles will prompt local governments (under pressure from local NIMBYs) to try to drive them out, especially where unrelated occupancy exceeds local limits, under the pretense of neighborhood 'integrity' or 'stabilization.'

In many communities, the resident population of single adults exceeds the maximum number permitted under local ordinances, and it is only a matter of time before NIMBYs decide to run them out of town.

Old 04-23-2011, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MORebelWoman View Post
And you would be wrong! I can point you to many places inside of city limits where there are strict ordinances where people live sometimes 3-6 families in one abode. That happens a lot in the southwest. And don't tell me I don't know what I am talking about because I do, since I used to live in NM.

I'm sure it happens in a lot of places, but usually all it tales is one NIMBY playing neighborhood cop to get the owner cited and the families evicted.

Old 04-23-2011, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Ghettos or Government housing is already looking like a third world slum.

It does not take much to see this if you have spent any time in towns like Detroit, St Louis, Philly, Memphis, Newark, Chicago etc.

Chicago...check.

Newark...check.

Memphis...check.

Philly...check.

St Louis...check.

Detroit...ghettos yes but I don't remember a lot of government housing, or even a lot of apartments..

Old 04-23-2011, 11:59 PM

4,002 posts, read 3,892,977 times
Without welfare, would our ghettos turn into third world slums?

Nope .. they would all just look like West Port Arthur, Texas ..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies