Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2011, 01:40 PM

13,650 posts, read 20,777,671 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Call him what he is - a liar. And he'll never change, because he can't. He's a compulsive liar and always will be. I really think he can't tell the truth if he tried.
No, he is just a politician. Not a bad one either. But a far cry from the Miracle Worker a lot of people saw him as.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2011, 01:44 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
Wasn't that what her said his stimulus was goig to fix;infrastructure? We now know what it was tewo years later when public unions are finally effect has it runs out.

Old 04-19-2011, 01:49 PM

1,233 posts, read 1,218,406 times
Wow.

You would think that the guy backed a bridge to nowhere.

Palin backed 'bridge to nowhere' in 2006 - USATODAY.com

Old 04-19-2011, 01:51 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
Just the latest example of bs to push his agenda
Do you dispute the findings of the American Society of Civil Engineers that one in four bridges in the U.S. are structurally deficient or functionally obsolete?

Bridges | Report Card for America's Infrastructure

Or the Minnesota Department of Transportations findings in part coincide with the ASCE study regarding functional obsolence being a contributing factor in the collapse?:

The National Transportation Safety Board determines that the probable
cause of the collapse of the I-35W bridge in Minneapolis, Minnesota, was the
inadequate load capacity, due to a design error by Sverdrup & Parcel and Associates,
Inc., of the gusset plates at the U10 nodes, which failed under a combination of
(1) [b]substantial increases in the weight of the bridge, which resulted from previous bridge modifications, and (2) the traffic and concentrated construction loads on the bridge on the day of the collapse. Contributing to the design error was the failure of Sverdrup & Parcel’s quality control procedures to ensure that the appropriate main truss gusset plate calculations were performed for the I-35W bridge and the inadequate design review by Federal and State transportation officials.

Contributing to the accident was the generally accepted practice among Federal and State transportation officials of giving inadequate attention to gusset plates during inspections for conditions of distortion, such as bowing, and of excluding gusset plates in load rating analyses.

http://www.dot.state.mn.us/i35wbridg...inalreport.pdf

Old 04-19-2011, 02:00 PM

5,036 posts, read 5,137,483 times
O cited this incident to back his increase in taxes. He was not being truthful.

Old 04-19-2011, 02:02 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times
It is painfully obvious that Obama's interest is in pure statist ideology in the "fundamental transformation" of the USA and not with economic prosperity or jobs. Serial liar in chief? Absolutely. In Decmeber he passed the continuation of the Bush tax rates admitting that it would be necessary to grow the economy. Fast forward 4 months and he says he only signed it to keep taxes from being raised on the middle class. Which is it?

"A liar, is a liar, is a liar." -Ret. Gen. Norman Swartzkopf (refering to Fmr. Pres. Clinton...but the shoe still fits for Obama)

Old 04-19-2011, 02:02 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,452,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Do you dispute the findings of the American Society of Civil Engineers that one in four bridges in the U.S. are structurally deficient or functionally obsolete?

Bridges | Report Card for America's Infrastructure

Or the Minnesota Department of Transportations findings in part coincide with the ASCE study regarding functional obsolence being a contributing factor in the collapse?:

The National Transportation Safety Board determines that the probable
cause of the collapse of the I-35W bridge in Minneapolis, Minnesota, was the
inadequate load capacity, due to a design error by Sverdrup & Parcel and Associates,
Inc., of the gusset plates at the U10 nodes, which failed under a combination of
(1) [b]substantial increases in the weight of the bridge, which resulted from previous bridge modifications, and (2) the traffic and concentrated construction loads on the bridge on the day of the collapse. Contributing to the design error was the failure of Sverdrup & Parcel’s quality control procedures to ensure that the appropriate main truss gusset plate calculations were performed for the I-35W bridge and the inadequate design review by Federal and State transportation officials.

Contributing to the accident was the generally accepted practice among Federal and State transportation officials of giving inadequate attention to gusset plates during inspections for conditions of distortion, such as bowing, and of excluding gusset plates in load rating analyses.

http://www.dot.state.mn.us/i35wbridg...inalreport.pdf
This has nothing to do with BO using it like he did.

Old 04-19-2011, 02:23 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,975,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
No, he is just a politician. Not a bad one either. But a far cry from the Miracle Worker a lot of people saw him as.
No, politicians stretch the truth. And lie on occasion. But this man lies every time his gaping pie hole opens. He really is incapable of telling the truth. Not sure if it's his utter narcissism or that he truly is a psychopathic liar.

I never saw him as a miracle worker. I saw him for exactly what he is.

Old 04-19-2011, 02:30 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,368,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtimer2 View Post
Just another Flame thread.
Maybe there's a need to fan the flames.....

Old 04-19-2011, 02:33 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post
Maybe there's a need to fan the flames.....
Couldn't be that S&P downgrade from yesterday that Obama clearly ignores could it?

I mean, isn't fiscal responsibility what some, especially conservative tea partiers, have been pushing for since the end of Bush's spendfest? Obama tripled down on the deficit and shows no sign of stopping unless his credicard is forcefully taken from him by the House and cut up like Dave Ramsey on steroids!

Last edited by lifelongMOgal; 04-19-2011 at 02:57 PM.. Reason: typo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies