Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2011, 04:57 PM

80 posts, read 96,009 times

Advertisements

With the advent of the realities of government revenues the use of class warfare have come home to roost in the Democrats own back yard.

There has been a lot of finger pointing, on both sides of the political spectrum. The left says that it's the fault of the right and the right says it is the left. No matter how it started, it did and we are all feeling the effects. Who knows who is pulling the strings, behind the scenes. Wither this is just a staged event or a set of orchestrated steps to take us to some predestined position, is anyone's guess. We can speculate all we want about who and why, but we can't deny that this is a big crap sandwich and we all are going to have to take a bite, before it is over.

Trouble is, that we are all in a mess. The lack of employment is beginning to effect more than just those that are unemployed. It's reducing the revenues of the government, and just like a human body that finds itself with reduced subsistence, it's trying to eat itself. That's dangerous, when you're talking about the government. You never know what is going on behind the scenes, when politics are concerned.

As far as the public employee unions, they are the first on the chopping block, since there is a gulf of understanding between union and non-union people, will be exploited in the same way that the class warfare tactics of the far left exploits the financial gulf. It's the haves VS: the have nots, all over again.
The far right is going to use the economic downturn to their advantage, just as the dems have used class warfare to turn people of different incomes against each other.

The main problem is that people who lead others to concentrate on what they don't have, instead of working on bettering themselves. They set up a bad presidence, that can easily be turned back against them. The world is full of different persons. Each person has to learn to appreciate what they have and learn that the world owes them nothing. They control their own destiny and those that give them something can easily take that same thing away.

The government has given the unions much that no other member of society has. They have had special treatment, that the public is paying for and the public is itself diminished. This doesn't set well, as they see the Teachers Unions protests against cuts in pay and the powers, that the private sector has never enjoyed. All the public sees is what the unions are doing. They see how the Dems have left the political field, instead of fighting for what they believe in. I've never heard of any instance of Republicans running and hiding, when they had to eat legislation that they didn't like.

They have ran from their duties and the unions are using the old tired Charade of championing the working man, to cover for their attempts to hang on to power.These powers are fueled by the taxes from working men and women, that see no benefit to themselves. The Unions claim indignities, while they show just how undignified they truly are. They close down schools, use the kids they are supposed to be teaching as pawns, and disrupt the lives of those with jobs, since the parents must take off their work to take care of those children who should be in school.

The winds of change are blowing, not only across America, but across the world. I think the world of social policies will more and more appear on the chopping block. If the left doesn't start seeing the writing on the wall and learn to choose their battles better they will step on landmine, after landmines, until they loose the one war they can not afford to loose. The war of public opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2011, 05:20 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,040,586 times
The death of American trade unions has been predicted on a number of occasions during the 19th and 20th century but it always has away of rising from the ashes of previous incarnations, so I wouldn't be putting on the party hats any time too soon.

Old 04-19-2011, 05:23 PM

3,875 posts, read 3,870,374 times
Public sector Unions financed by tax payers and catered to by corrupt politicians NEED to go.

Either that or more and more Cities and Counties accross America going bankrupt. The more perks, backroom sweetheart deals that come to light, the more the public will turn against them.

Better yet start exposing the benefits ( comped cars, meals,housing,entertainment ) and wages the Union officials at the top rape the taxpayers for !!!!

Let's see their retirement packages also.

Old 04-19-2011, 05:27 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,939,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
The death of American trade unions has been predicted on a number of occasions during the 19th and 20th century but it always has away of rising from the ashes of previous incarnations, so I wouldn't be putting on the party hats any time too soon.
I think you made a good point.

The concept of employees organizing for better working conditions, fighting discrimination, and negotiating in the form of collective bargaining, are things that wont be given up easily.

Old 04-19-2011, 05:31 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,975,697 times
Yea when we get rid of unions and government ...then the benevolent corporations and rich elites can have all the power they want.

It'll be wonderful.

Palin/Joe The Plumber 2012

Old 04-19-2011, 05:34 PM

Highest standard of living countries in the World......almost the same list and the most unionized countries in the World.

Sweden is 70% unionized and has the 3rd highest standard of living in the World with limited natural resources.

Right wing propaganda is a sham.

Norway 0.876 ()
Australia 0.864 ()
Sweden 0.824 ( 6)
Netherlands 0.818 ( 3)
Germany 0.814 ( 5)
Switzerland 0.813 ( 7)
Ireland 0.813 ( 2)
Canada 0.812 ()
Iceland 0.811 ( 8)
Denmark 0.810 ( 9)
Finland 0.806 ( 5)
United States 0.799 ( 8)
Belgium 0.794 ( 5)
France 0.792 ()
Czech Republic 0.790 ( 13)
Austria 0.787 ( 9)
Spain 0.779 ( 3)
Luxembourg 0.775 ( 6)
Slovenia 0.771 ( 10)
Greece 0.768 ( 2)

Last edited by padcrasher; 04-19-2011 at 05:48 PM..

Old 04-19-2011, 05:43 PM

9,855 posts, read 11,928,784 times
In the context in which it was used, "throws" in the thread title should be "throes". I will confine my corrections to that because of its visibility but it was far trom the only one. Maybe wrongly I have assigned the o.p. a placement in the socio-economic pecking order that is lower middle class at best. Without unions the lower middle class sector would simply not exist in 2011. It is sheer ingratitude to spout Republican talking points from a middle class vantage. I would ask how the Wisconsin Republicans are doing after their smackdown of collective barganing. I see no outpouring of love for the slash and burn ideologies of the Right. Of course there is support for it but there is likewise plenty of opposition. The outcome is far from decided.

H

Old 04-19-2011, 05:45 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,040,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonbane View Post
With the advent of the realities of government revenues the use of class warfare have come home to roost in the Democrats own back yard.
PS - it is "throes" not "throws" a common enough mistake, not trying to knock you I just thought you ought to know,

Old 04-19-2011, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
PS - it is "throes" not "throws" a common enough mistake, not trying to knock you I just thought you ought to know,
Their their now I no he didn't take it the wrong whey.

Old 04-19-2011, 05:55 PM

1,233 posts, read 1,218,208 times
Unions do not usually die.

They are murdered.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies