Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2011, 10:30 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,366,979 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Yes. That way, it forces the GOP to be more honest if they want to form a coalition with the tea party. It forces the GOP to be more fiscally prudent, and will help to differentiate the GOP from the Democrats

I'm reluctant to change course at this time since we've had so much success taking over the GOP. Karl Rove and his ilk have earned their place in GOP history and need to stay there. Winning elections is only part of the process of restoring America's Constitutional foundation. If we elect RINOs because left-leaning independents will vote for them, how have we gained ground when those same RINOs tax and spend and ignore the Constitution just like Democrats? This day is as good as any to turn the page on political organizations which engineer elections around deceit, corruption, collusion and poorly informed voters.

If more economic pain is what is needed to make "Idol" watching Americans snap out of their persistent vegetative state, so be it. It's the end I'm concerned with, and I don't see compromise with the same cast of charters who gave us a fourteen trillion dollar debt being a solution. The RINOs and Democrats must be defeated, and to do that we'll need the voting public's undivided attention and a clear choice between the failed tax and spend policies of the past for which both parties are responsible and a future in which government is restored to its Constitutionally prescribed limited form.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2011, 10:37 PM

1,233 posts, read 1,218,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
I'm reluctant to change course at this time since we've had so much success taking over the GOP. Karl Rove and his ilk have earned their place in GOP history and need to stay there. Winning elections is only part of the process of restoring America's Constitutional foundation. If we elect RINOs because left-leaning independents will vote for them, how have we gained ground when those same RINOs tax and spend and ignore the Constitution just like Democrats? This day is as good as any to turn the page on political organizations which engineer elections around deceit, corruption, collusion and poorly informed voters.

If more economic pain is what is needed to make "Idol" watching Americans snap out of their persistent vegetative state, so be it. It's the end I'm concerned with, and I don't see compromise with the same cast of charters who gave us a fourteen trillion dollar debt being a solution. The RINOs and Democrats must be defeated, and to do that we'll need the voting public's undivided attention and a clear choice.
You appear to be advocating the Tea Party taking over the Republican party.

How exactly can that work? Who, or where, is your base of support?

Old 04-19-2011, 10:59 PM

5,513 posts, read 5,239,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtimer2 View Post
I see where many Tea Party members claim to be Libertarians.

They also want Ron Paul to lead the way.

So, if that is not the case, who are they claiming to be?
I am sure some Tea Party supporters, like myself, would support Libertarians like Ron Paul, and I hope they do. But I think a Tea Party would be more a subset of Republicans, whereas a Libertarian Party should encompass Republicans, Independents and even Democrats who would like to see the nation survive. I haven't seen the Tea Party reject foreign wars, or the Free Trade idiocy that killed our Middle Class. Libertarianism is a much-needed reform movement that could make the widespread and major changes needed to turn our nation off the path of insolvency and horrendous economic mismanagement.

Old 04-19-2011, 11:56 PM

1,233 posts, read 1,218,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHartphotog View Post
I am sure some Tea Party supporters, like myself, would support Libertarians like Ron Paul, and I hope they do. But I think a Tea Party would be more a subset of Republicans, whereas a Libertarian Party should encompass Republicans, Independents and even Democrats who would like to see the nation survive. I haven't seen the Tea Party reject foreign wars, or the Free Trade idiocy that killed our Middle Class. Libertarianism is a much-needed reform movement that could make the widespread and major changes needed to turn our nation off the path of insolvency and horrendous economic mismanagement.
Gotta love that free trade nonsense. How does that make any sense?

3rd world countries with slave labor wages dump their goods here and we lose our manufacturing.

Our corporations send our jobs here overseas, and then escape paying income taxes.

This cannot be coincidence.

This is corruption brought onto us by big special interest money entering our political campaigns.

Until we demand an immediate stop to this immoral prostitution of our political system nothing will change, and nothing can change.

So, lets start and run 2 wars, spend ourselves into oblivion, cut taxes to the wealthy, and throw away all our jobs.

We can just borrow the money from China. They love us.

Next, turn the people against each other, by blaming it all on the poor and then demanding the elimination of all of our public safety nets.

Meanwhile, the Supreme Court green lights even more special interest money for the buying of politicians and campaigns.

Our political parties point fingers, blame each other, and then laugh at us while working for the same puppet masters.

Only the most of ignorant can believe all of this to be just coincidence.

Only the most crass will deny or defend it.

Whats next, another Hitler?

Last edited by oldtimer2; 04-20-2011 at 12:32 AM..

Old 04-20-2011, 12:38 AM

1,295 posts, read 2,509,120 times
Quote:
Gotta love that free trade nonsense. How does that make any sense?

3rd world countries with slave labor wages dump their goods here and we lose our manufacturing.

Our corporations send our jobs here overseas, and then escape paying income taxes.

This cannot be coincidence.

This is corruption brought onto us by big special interest money entering our political campaigns.

Until we demand an immediate stop to this immoral prostitution of our political system nothing will change, and nothing can change.

So, lets start and run 2 wars, spend ourselves into oblivion, cut taxes to the wealthy, and throw away all our jobs.

We can just borrow the money from China. They love us.

Next, turn the people against each other, by blaming it all on the poor and then demanding the elimination of all of our public safety nets.

Meanwhile, the Supreme Court green lights even more special interest money for the buying of politicians and campaigns.

Our political parties point fingers, blame each other, and then laugh at us while working for the same puppet masters.

Only the most of ignorant can believe all of this to be just coincidence.

Only the most crass will deny or defend it.

Whats next, another Hitler?

What HE said.

I have to give the right wing credit for accomplishing all of the above and convincing America that it was the current president's doing. Brilliant.

Old 04-20-2011, 12:39 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,287,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smithy77 View Post
What HE said.

I have to give the right wing credit for accomplishing all of the above and convincing America that it was the current president's doing. Brilliant.
Don't give them too much credit, the Americans they convinced tend to be the bottom of the barrel. Not the brightest of the bunch if you catch my drift.

Old 04-20-2011, 06:35 AM

12,436 posts, read 11,944,438 times
To have a party you would need a platform. The Tea Party does not have any real platform except to complain. There is no way you can come up with a platform that would satisfy all of the complainers. The best platform I can think of for them would be...less govt. unless it benefits me.

Old 04-20-2011, 09:18 AM

5,347 posts, read 10,153,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
To have a party you would need a platform. The Tea Party does not have any real platform except to complain. There is no way you can come up with a platform that would satisfy all of the complainers. The best platform I can think of for them would be...less govt. unless it benefits me.
Oh, they have a platform all right. They want to rewind this country back to the 50's. I could kiss the founder of the Tea Party in the mouth right now because they will alienate the Republican base so much in 2012 that it will be a cake walk for Obama. Seriously republicans, do you think Trump or Gingrich or Palin or Paul or Bachman or Romney stand a chance?

Old 04-20-2011, 09:21 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,725,343 times
Quote:
Should the Tea Party separate itself from the GOP and form it's own 3rd Party with independent candidates?
The tea party movement is NOT even part of the GOP. Your question is dishonest.

Old 04-20-2011, 09:23 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,761,940 times
I believe DT has a decent chance to spend his way to a Republican Nomination. At least I hope so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies