Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2011, 12:16 PM

1,233 posts, read 1,218,578 times

Advertisements

I am more of a centrist.

I favor a 3rd party.

I vote Dem as a lessor of 2 evils. I see both feeding from the same trough.

I have no problem with social programs, just duplicity and government waste.

I have no problem with universal health care.

I have no problem with most government agencies, EPA, HUD, FHA, OSHA, Medicare, ect. I just want them streamlined and all monies accounted for.

I want a smaller and more effective military.

I want a balanced budget.

I have no problem with the wealthy paying higher taxes, at least until we get our debt paid down.

I favor major expansion of small business and an increase in competition, including incentives, tax breaks, and certain regulatory waivers.

I favor the breakup of all corporate monopolies, and many holding companies.... too big to fail.

I favor strict campaign finance limits, and enhanced investigation and prosecution of any and all political corruption. These crooks should be treated as organized crime. This is one of my most important concerns today.

I favor tariffs on imports, or taxation, on all multinational corporations doing business in the U.S.

I favor taxation on every stock trade so as to raise the necessary money to investigate, prosecute, and eliminate fraud from Wall Street.

I favor the elimination of the Dept of Homeland Security and the Patriot act.

I hate abortions, but I see no proper role of government in family decisions of that nature.

I favor eliminating all handouts to foreign governments except for humanitarian reasons.

If these things I listed ,and that describe many Americans today, makes me a radical, then so be it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2011, 07:14 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,303,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtimer2 View Post
You appear to be advocating the Tea Party taking over the Republican party.

How exactly can that work? Who, or where, is your base of support?
The Tea Party is already in the process of taking over the Republican Party and they are pushing out moderate Conservatives.

The end result will be a weakened Republican Party. You already saw it in the recent budget impasse where John Boehner did NOT have enough Republican votes to the 2011 budget bill through the House.

If that continues it will effectively weaken Boehner's negotiating positions on future issues or force him to the more extreme positions advocated by the Tea Party. The farther to the right the Republicans go the more Americans they will alienate.

You will see it again during the 2012 Republican primaries when factions of the Republican Party tear each other apart trying get the nomination. There is really no one candidate that can unite the entire party.

Old 04-24-2011, 07:46 PM

1,933 posts, read 1,825,669 times
The tea party already owns the rethuglican party. Now that the people are learning how the tea party made up full of rethuglicans want to take their ss and medicare away the 2012 elections will be interesting.

Old 04-24-2011, 08:13 PM

232 posts, read 221,302 times
No, The Tea Party needs to infiltrate the GOP and restore it.

Old 04-25-2011, 08:10 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times
Should they split, Yes. Will they split, No. Why, because their goal is to take over the GOP.
Casper

Old 04-25-2011, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomJefferson View Post
No, The Tea Party needs to infiltrate the GOP and restore it.
Why would they need to infiltrate the GOP, it would be like breaking into your own house. You call it restore, I call it take over.
Casper

Old 04-25-2011, 08:18 AM

Quote:
I am more of a centrist.

I favor a 3rd party.

I vote Dem as a lessor of 2 evils. I see both feeding from the same trough.

I have no problem with social programs, just duplicity and government waste.

I have no problem with universal health care.

I have no problem with most government agencies, EPA, HUD, FHA, OSHA, Medicare, ect. I just want them streamlined and all monies accounted for.

I want a smaller and more effective military.

I want a balanced budget.

I have no problem with the wealthy paying higher taxes, at least until we get our debt paid down.

I favor major expansion of small business and an increase in competition, including incentives, tax breaks, and certain regulatory waivers.

I favor the breakup of all corporate monopolies, and many holding companies.... too big to fail.

I favor strict campaign finance limits, and enhanced investigation and prosecution of any and all political corruption. These crooks should be treated as organized crime. This is one of my most important concerns today.

I favor tariffs on imports, or taxation, on all multinational corporations doing business in the U.S.

I favor taxation on every stock trade so as to raise the necessary money to investigate, prosecute, and eliminate fraud from Wall Street.

I favor the elimination of the Dept of Homeland Security and the Patriot act.

I hate abortions, but I see no proper role of government in family decisions of that nature.

I favor eliminating all handouts to foreign governments except for humanitarian reasons.

If these things I listed ,and that describe many Americans today, makes me a radical, then so be it.
As an Independent I agree with most of your points. Thing is the Tea Party does not represent the sort of Third Party I would be interested in since I see them as Pawns of the Rich and BIg Buisiness just as the GOP already is. I am looking for a Party that represents the vast majority of Americans, those of us stuck in the middle a Party built on Common Sense that represents the People and no one else.
Casper

Old 04-25-2011, 08:26 AM

37,972 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Quote:
Should the Tea Party separate itself from the GOP and form it's own 3rd Party with independent candidates?
No.

If you are going to form a party, and then leave it once it is co opted by self serving politicians and neocons, then what will you do when they infiltrate the new party, start new thread asking for a fourth party?

Old 04-25-2011, 08:40 AM

2,010 posts, read 2,372,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Don't give them too much credit, the Americans they convinced tend to be the bottom of the barrel. Not the brightest of the bunch if you catch my drift.
So anyone who disapproves of Obama isn't too bright? What about the many Democrats who believe he is failing? Why does the majority of the country reflect how they feel through his approval ratings? Is every one "bottom of the barrel" except for you and the liberal elite? Pfft.

Old 04-25-2011, 08:43 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,488,320 times
Quote:
Should the Tea Party separate itself from the GOP and form it's own 3rd Party with independent candidates?
should Democrats admitt that the 'progressive' fascist liberals took over their party???? will they ever admit it????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies