Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2011, 11:08 AM

8,560 posts, read 11,210,493 times

Advertisements

Christian Church In Louisville KY Stops Signing Marriage Licenses Until Gay Marriage is Legal

So have a Judge swear the union at some time prior to the ceremony. Let the church do its thing without signing the doc being necessary. You know, should the wedding party require that display of religious acquiescence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2011, 11:59 PM

1,179 posts, read 1,404,966 times
I see no reason that churches should perform marriages anyway; or state officials for that matter. The only reason the state should be involved is to record people who marry themselves so that legal proceedings can be brought against dead beats and such.

Old 04-30-2011, 12:07 AM

32 posts, read 19,095 times
this obviously isnt a real christian church considering they go against the bible.

Old 04-30-2011, 12:18 AM

25,157 posts, read 53,931,506 times
Kentucky???????

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Highlands church changes policy on marriages until state changes its stand | The Courier-Journal | courier-journal.com

Should this be considered political activity, and should this church lose it's tax exempt status?
Is this a real Christian church?
Can one be Christian and supportive of homosexuality?
Can one be gay and Christian?

Old 04-30-2011, 12:19 AM

I'm glad they aren't a "real Christian church" considering the scripture is filled with "thought terminating cliches" and rampant bigotry against many creeds of people. Just because something is "traditional" doesn't mean it's better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deste View Post
this obviously isnt a real christian church considering they go against the bible.

Old 04-30-2011, 12:21 AM

15,395 posts, read 22,515,219 times
Quote:
You see it's judgemental and condescending posts like this that tend to give Christians in general a "bad reputation".

I have many religious friends and I mean no offense......I think many if not all would agree with me on this one.

Leave the judging to your God.....it's "his" job not yours!

Old 04-30-2011, 12:25 AM

Actually it is the Christian scripture that gives it a bad name: the scripture advocates for killing everyone that makes a mistake or lives a "life of sin"!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
You see it's judgemental and condescending posts like this that tend to give Christians in general a "bad reputation".

I have many religious friends and I mean no offense......I think many if not all would agree with me on this one.

Leave the judging to your God.....it's "his" job not yours!

Old 04-30-2011, 12:40 AM

32 posts, read 19,095 times
how can they be christians when they go against the bibles clear position on homosexuality? im not suggesting they kill them but they still shouldnt be condoning it if they are christians. my personal opinion aside, thats just logic.

You shall not lie with a male as with a woman. It is an abomination. (NKJ, Leviticus 18:22)

If a man lies with a male as he lies with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination. They shall surely be put to death. Their blood shall be upon them. (NKJ, Leviticus 20:13)

Old 04-30-2011, 12:42 AM

The Bible says that rich people will go straight to hell: so that means every pastor and priest who is wealthy will be frying in hell.

Jesus also said that every creed outside of Christianity was an abomination.

Quote:
how can they be christians when they go against the bibles clear position on homosexuality? im not suggesting they kill them but they still shouldnt be condoning it if they are christians. my personal opinion aside, thats just logic.

You shall not lie with a male as with a woman. It is an abomination. (NKJ, Leviticus 18:22)

If a man lies with a male as he lies with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination. They shall surely be put to death. Their blood shall be upon them. (NKJ, Leviticus 20:13)

Old 04-30-2011, 12:56 AM

3,485 posts, read 7,308,235 times
There are many, many Christians who are not anti-gay. In fact, most Christians I know are NOT anti-gay, whereas the ones who are anti-gay tend to be very judgmental and label any other Christian sects or other religions as "cults". Pretty offensive and presumptuous, if you ask me.

Those who are anti-gay are usually the most hateful ones and nobody really wants to become like them.

The end result is Christians calling each other un-Christlike for different reasons - one for being hate mongers, and the other for not following some lame orthodox/literal interpretation of the Bible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies