Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2011, 01:40 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times

Advertisements

Limbaugh played a short clip of Obama's Easter statement, but did not play the entire statement. Limbaugh played this...

I wanted to host this breakfast for a simple reason -– because as busy as we are, as many tasks as pile up, during this season, we are reminded that there’s something about the resurrection -- something about the resurrection of our savior, Jesus Christ, that puts everything else in perspective.

The clip made it seem as though Obama lightly regarded what Christ did for mankind. But Obama also said...

But then comes Holy Week. The triumph of Palm Sunday. The humility of Jesus washing the disciples’ feet. His slow march up that hill, and the pain and the scorn and the shame of the cross.

And we’re reminded that in that moment, he took on the sins of the world -- past, present and future -- and he extended to us that unfathomable gift of grace and salvation through his death and resurrection.

In the words of the book Isaiah: “But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.”

This magnificent grace, this expansive grace, this “Amazing Grace” calls me to reflect. And it calls me to pray. It calls me to ask God for forgiveness for the times that I’ve not shown grace to others, those times that I’ve fallen short. It calls me to praise God for the gift of our son -- his Son and our Savior.

I don't know for sure if He is a Christian or not - but I did want to note the complete statement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2011, 01:42 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,304,138 times
NB4 "Taqiyya"

Old 04-20-2011, 01:43 PM

8,802 posts, read 8,898,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Limbaugh played a short clip of Obama's Easter statement, but did not play the entire statement. Limbaugh played this...

I wanted to host this breakfast for a simple reason -– because as busy as we are, as many tasks as pile up, during this season, we are reminded that there’s something about the resurrection -- something about the resurrection of our savior, Jesus Christ, that puts everything else in perspective.

The clip made it seem as though Obama lightly regarded what Christ did for mankind. But Obama also said...

But then comes Holy Week. The triumph of Palm Sunday. The humility of Jesus washing the disciples’ feet. His slow march up that hill, and the pain and the scorn and the shame of the cross.

And we’re reminded that in that moment, he took on the sins of the world -- past, present and future -- and he extended to us that unfathomable gift of grace and salvation through his death and resurrection.

In the words of the book Isaiah: “But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.”

This magnificent grace, this expansive grace, this “Amazing Grace” calls me to reflect. And it calls me to pray. It calls me to ask God for forgiveness for the times that I’ve not shown grace to others, those times that I’ve fallen short. It calls me to praise God for the gift of our son -- his Son and our Savior.

I don't know for sure if He is a Christian or not - but I did want to note the complete statement.

I'm pretty sure he's just apathetic about religion. Nothing wrong with that.

Old 04-20-2011, 01:43 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,111,393 times
Great statement. Thanks for posting it.

Old 04-20-2011, 01:44 PM

1,233 posts, read 1,218,406 times
I try not to get too concerned with whether another person is a good Christian or not.

I find it enough of a challenge to understand whether I am.

Old 04-20-2011, 01:47 PM

7,871 posts, read 10,130,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
NB4 "Taqiyya"
Bull****.

Old 04-20-2011, 01:49 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,530,289 times
Why...don't you know? He's lying! He's still the Hidden Imam!

Old 04-20-2011, 01:53 PM

1,324 posts, read 1,198,419 times
Quote:

Thank you , I did hear only a tiny clip , I'm glad to know .

Although Easter is about Jesus Christ returning to earth from the dead.
What he said is what Muslims think of Jesus , the same as Christians until the returning event.
It was great of Obama to say what he did. The words are good and true.

Old 04-20-2011, 02:04 PM

6,484 posts, read 6,617,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westwaswon View Post
Thank you , I did hear only a tiny clip , I'm glad to know .

Although Easter is about Jesus Christ returning to earth from the dead.
What he said is what Muslims think of Jesus , the same as Christians until the returning event.
It was great of Obama to say what he did. The words are good and true.
What do you mean the "returning event"? Do you mean when Christ will return one day?

Muslims don't believe Jesus died on the cross, so I don't know that you can say they believe what he said.

I honestly don't think he believes a word of what he said, but I won't fault him for recognizing Easter, and I won't begrudge him for the statement he made.

Old 04-20-2011, 02:15 PM

37,971 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:

I'm sure the left is upset, that this president, just like Bush and Reagan, is forcing his religion down our throats.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies