Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2011, 01:51 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,948,742 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
He's done enough to make Bush look bad so thats ok for you?? People with your attitude shouldn't be allowed to vote. That is pure ignorance.
And people with your attitude shouldn't be allowed to vote. That is pure subjectivity. If everyone thought alike, there would be no need to hold elections.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2011, 01:53 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,000,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
And people with your attitude shouldn't be allowed to vote. That is pure subjectivity. If everyone thought alike, there would be no need to hold elections.
No its not its common sense. Many have lost that aspect in their lives. Mostly the swooners since they drank the obama cocktail.

Old 07-12-2011, 01:53 PM

7,372 posts, read 16,012,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
I'm voting Obama 2012. Because the dude has brains and really wants to help the country, not empower corporate tools.

He brought coverage to uninsured with preexisting conditions, and he led an effort to kill Osama Bin Ladin. He is wrapping up Iraq, and winding down in Afghanistan. And I was impressed by his speech in Arizona. I could go on, but that is enough to make Bush look bad, so why not give him 8 years to keep getting things done. It will take at that long to fix the problems sewn under the previous administration.

I am a centrist democrat (like the Clintons). I am pro-business, especially when it supports American employment, and I want the private sector to be healthy, but I do not feel that CEOs or Wall Street bankers usually have the health of the country in mind. I also want clean air and water, national parks, safe streets, good schools, solid infrastructure, and government that leads with exciting initiatives rather than grovels before corporate or religious power. I don't care much for bigots or layabouts. Nor do I like boomers who will be bleeding us dry in retirement cutting their taxes so future generations will pay for them.
I think I am pretty average.
He's done great by General Electric, a company that bailed on the U.S. worker, cutting domestic staff. He's done great by crony friends. He talked a good game about going after those responsible for the Wall Street debacle. Who ever got prosecuted?
The ATF, at the direction of Eric Holder (ultimately, at the direction of Obama), sent thousands of automatic weapons and even more powerful arms into the hands of the cartels in Mexico so they could create even more mayhem.
He's been missing in action in regards to the democratic movement in Iran and Syria, which are vital interests to global peace, not just Mid-Eastern peace.
He's clueless on how to help move the economy....
Honestly, it takes too long to even begin to illustrate his failings.

Old 07-12-2011, 01:56 PM

855 posts, read 1,172,991 times
Quote:
Obama is making himself look bad. No help necessary. Pay attention.
clearly you are the one who hasn't paid attention. when it comes to these budget talks, it takes two sides to compromise--which is something Boehner and Cantor don't seem to be interested in at the moment.

politics has become less compromise and more like a game of "mercy," which is sad for the future. pay attention and try putting your partisanship aside.

Old 07-12-2011, 01:59 PM

There is no "compromise". STOP SPENDING MONEY WE DON'T HAVE. How hard is that? Obama is the president. He should be screaming that to congress and the news every day if he cared. No he's more worried about what industry he can sick the EPA on next or what gang he can send arms too. Get real or move on.

Old 07-12-2011, 02:02 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,948,742 times
Quote:
No its not its common sense. Many have lost that aspect in their lives. Mostly the swooners since they drank the obama cocktail.
The "swooners" are on both sides of the isle. Anyone who thinks that Ron Paul or the GOP is going to swoop down into Washington and save the day like superman is delusional. People are entitled to their opinions and beliefs. The same people who were oblivious to politics during Bush's terms are the people that are now outraged and trying to get rid of the POTUS based on false claims that he is an illegal alien among other false claims. While the last POTUS helped run the country into the ground, these people worshiped the grown he walked on and felt safe enough to ignore all things political.

If you have some issues you would like to discuss or some factual information, that's one thing but no need to insult people telling them that they shouldn't be allowed to vote just because they don't vote like you. No matter how much some of you try to avoid it, this is a diverse country and some people aren't going to vote the same way that you do. Different doesn't=wrong. I am not happy with everything that the POTUS does that doesn't mean I wouldn't choose him over someone else. Nor does it make me a mindless sheep. I have my reasons just like you have yours.

Old 07-12-2011, 02:04 PM

Ron Paul may be a kook but he would get rid of the fed or spend four years trying which is more than any of these other fools is or has done. That my friend is a FACT.

Old 07-12-2011, 02:05 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,992,868 times
Their messiah has failed them but there is still an gay agenda to push, an ideology to follow at all costs-

The Left Starts To Dump Obama
It appears that the left is washing its hands of Obama. In recent days we've seen a number of left-wing spokesmen ranging from Bill Maher to Frank Rich dismissing Obama as a disappointment -- too centrist, too moderate, not at all the American Lenin they'd ordered. Even Mark Halperin, who would fracture his nose if any Democratic politician ever stopped short, dismissed the messiah as a "dick" on MSNBC.

Old 07-12-2011, 03:18 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,440,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT View Post
He is just plain not honest...look at the Czar situation where he reneged on the Czar ban.

Yep and i for one said from day one, just watch his HOPE AND CHANGE, to benefit his own agenda. And his agenda ain't good. Past acquaintainces mean nothing hey?

Old 07-12-2011, 05:23 PM

I think the sad thing is these people think Obama is not left enough. Are they that stupid?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies