Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2011, 07:25 PM

3,807 posts, read 4,273,932 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtimer2 View Post
Looks like Tea Party fanatics trash flooding Facebook.

Ho Hum.
Why is it, if you disagree with Obummer you are a "Tea Party fanatic?" Or a racist? I'm a black man, who is not a member of the Tea Party and I disagree with him fundamentally.

If he went on Facebook, to "listen to the people," why start now? He didn't listen to the people, on healthcare reform? The majority didn't want what he was selling, but rammed it down our throats anyway.

Like it or not, he did this as stunt, to appeal to a "younger generation." Just like Clinton did, going on Saturday Night Live and playing the saxophone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2011, 07:32 PM

5,036 posts, read 5,135,940 times
Seems O has been targeting the younger crowd lately. I think he knows that he needs the young vote to even have a chance. And of course, if youre young you are more prone to be naive and side with a "celebrity". Young people dont know entirely what is going on and are more likely to believe every word he says.

Old 04-20-2011, 07:33 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,991,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Almost makes me wish I belonged to facebook. Guess he is getting to experience "freedom of speech". Think his ego can handle this or will all the posters disagreeing with Obama and his policies to that wall be facing IRS audits?

https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=122119071195720
lol, thanks for that. It's great to see freedom of speech in action, especially when it counts. Unfortunately many of those posts will end up being deleted by the Thinnest-of-Black-Skins POTUS.

Old 04-20-2011, 07:35 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,920,640 times
Of course we wouldn't want to draw any parallels with Obama's facebook Townhall, a roomful of useful idiots, and how Hitler recruited his "youth". That would be wrong.

Old 04-20-2011, 07:36 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,302,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
So, I haven't heard or seen a peep of this event in the "news". It must have gone badly.

Hang in there Sanrene, when it gets flooded with the fleebagging robots
( once they figure out what Facebook is) they will be bringing it to the front of the news on how great Obama is.

Old 04-20-2011, 07:38 PM

3,807 posts, read 4,273,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Hang in there Sanrene, when it gets flooded with the fleebagging robots
( once they figure out what Facebook is) they will be bringing it to the front of the news on how great Obama is.
I doubt it. I'll bet you his pal, Zuckerwhatever, will just have the negative comments deleted. They will mysteriously "disappear."

Old 04-20-2011, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
Why is it, if you disagree with Obummer you are a "Tea Party fanatic?" Or a racist? I'm a black man, who is not a member of the Tea Party and I disagree with him fundamentally.

If he went on Facebook, to "listen to the people," why start now? He didn't listen to the people, on healthcare reform? The majority didn't want what he was selling, but rammed it down our throats anyway.

Like it or not, he did this as stunt, to appeal to a "younger generation." Just like Clinton did, going on Saturday Night Live and playing the saxophone.

Thank you for such an honest post.

This is a total stunt as months ago I called it on here that he will be moving quickly to the middle and will try to scam people into believing he is moving when in fact he wont. Its all a game to him. Trying to scam people into thinking something that is not real or the truth.

I also agree, he went against the majority of us with the HC issue and never once cared what the people thought.

He is a total liar and a scam artist.

He is already using our taxpayer dollars to sway the voters by pulling stunts like this.

I know many tea party members and none of them are racist, aggressive or hateful like the left makes them out to be. They are hard working, intelligent people who believe the country is going in the wrong direction under Obama.

The liberals have to deal with it because there are more tea party members then liberals in the voting block. Liberals are out numbered in every single group and that is a good thing.

Old 04-20-2011, 07:43 PM

Quote:
I doubt it. I'll bet you his pal, Zuckerwhatever, will just have the negative comments deleted. They will mysteriously "disappear."

Never thought of that. You are dead on correct.

Obama has been taught to never let a good scam go to waste.

Old 04-20-2011, 07:47 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,154,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
As much as you hate this man he did this to listen!!!! But of course nothing he does is good enough for you. I wonder why that is?
He's not listening, he's gathering intelligence. That's how Psy-Ops works. If he's going to run in 2012, then he needs to know how he will be attacked, so he can co-opt it, or twist and pervert it, or spin it into something he can use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermaine88 View Post
Hey the guy wont censor peoples opinions..I give him credit for that....
No, not yet. Go back to FaceFreak a few months from now and see if they're still there.

Old 04-20-2011, 07:48 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,920,640 times
Quote:
And for all the far lefties who cry out against croney corporatism, where is the outrage that this Townhall was held at Facebook Headquarters?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies