Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2011, 05:25 AM

23,343 posts, read 17,025,195 times

Advertisements

"Obama: Truly ignorant, or purposefully misleading?"

Doesn't matter.

As demonstrated multiple times Obama reverses himself with no explaination. The media is complicit in dissolving his past as no one ever references his previous declarations that oppose his current statements.

So with the confidence no one will challenge his words, he is free to say anything he wants.

Obama employs the same strategy used by the delphic oracle, Miss Cleo and other soothsayers. The words are vague enough to require interpretation by the listener who instinctively fill in the blanks to hear what they want to hear.

When challenged for a failed prediciton, the oracle/lawyer repeats his words to demonstrate in the best interpretive legal tradition of Bill Clinton who 'did not have sex with that woman' that he never said what the listener claimed to hear.

Despite Obama constantly using the phrase, 'let me be clear' his vagueness is his salvation in the literate, legally defined world in which he lives....up on the mountain in a cave away from the 'people' just like an ancient greek oracle.

When the oracle told the king prior to a big battle that a great empire would fall, the king assumed it would be the empire of his enemy. The empire destined to fall was his own. So, was the oracle correct in her prediction?

Last edited by Kracer; 04-22-2011 at 05:28 AM.. Reason: rephrase sentence
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2011, 05:29 AM

2,208 posts, read 1,830,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Everything he says .... every time he opens his mouth. Does that narrow it down enough?
What? Really mature. Please provide some context in order to agree or disagree. Otherwise it's meaningless and tantamount to schoolyard conjecture.

Old 04-22-2011, 05:41 AM

1,970 posts, read 1,754,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Truly ignorant, or purposefully misleading?

He can't be that ignorant. Why is our president purposely misleading people in his recent campaign speeches?

Uhhhh, oh yeah, he is a politician!

Old 04-22-2011, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
S&P downgrades US credit and Obama gives a Facebook speech of how cutting the budget by the GOP is radical, not courageous. Tell me what happens if Congress keeps spending and China/Russia are successful in convincing the World Bank to replace the US Dollar as the world trade currency? What happens when that $4/gal gas jumps to $8/gal overnight? Do you think that there will be rioting in the streets? Do you think that Obama will have to even be concerned about an election then?

He came with a mission to fundementally transform the US. Problem is that none of those voting for him asked what kind of transformation he had in mind. Clue: it was not to build the US, it was to tear it apart.
1) S&P downgrading the US credit has nothing to do with Obama stating that the GOP budget proposals are radical. In fact, if we really wanted to have better credit we would have tax increases on the rich and decrease spending. Call it crazy, but getting more revenue and spending less may increase the amount of money in our coffers.

2) The GOP in many states have propositions to tax the elderly and the very poor more...and decrease taxes for top earners. Most small business owners are not in that bracket. So it doesn't even help the average small business owner. With that said, it really stagnates the economy since those people are more likely to spend their money on tangible items. The rich would either save it or not spend it on consumer goods. Consumer goods drive our economy. So it's really bad idea. Just like the idea the GOP had with unemployment benefits. The CBO even stated that unemployment benefits were the best way to help stabilize the economy. It's radical to punish the poor and siphon off money to offset tax cuts for the rich. It's essentially reducing tax revenue and creating a larger wealth gap. That's not courageous.

3) Russia and China have a lot more development to do before letting the World Bank (my cousin works at the World Bank as a consultant...she graduated from the Sorbonne with her law degree). First off, China is undergoing a huge problem with the sustainability of growth. It's currency is undervalued and it's housing boom is hyper inflated. This makes China increasingly risky. Russia simply is relying on the recent oil boom. While good, the Russia is trying to diversify which is increasingly hard on oil exporting nations. We've seen what happened with Dubai world. Putin stated that Russia is highly dependent on oil and gas.

4) Oil and gas speculation is not a problem caused by Obama. If we had more research and mandates on energy efficient cars, demand would fall. However, our dependence is the root cause of the problem. I think that we truly need to rethink our transportation in the US. Not only energy efficient vehicles, but rather more alternative means of transportation. Yes, gas is expensive in Europe and Asia...however, I've managed to avoid those costs by public transportation and walking (buying a skateboard soon since it's nice out). I take cheap taxis if I have a lot of groceries or I take the bus. A 60 mile trip back at home (LA) would cost about $20...here it's about 1100 (a little over $1). Pretty nice saving money and making less of an impact environmentally.

5) Greed and shortsighted profits reports will destroy the US. I don't agree with Obama on many things. However, that's because I feel that he has been too compromising with Republicans. I understand that he needs to play politics. I, however, don't see your vision of America. An America in which wealth disparity has increased, an America where we've gone bankrupt to make the rich richer, an America where corporations are not held accountable, an America where the haves have the right to get affordable treatments, and America where the government affects your daily decisions (abortion, marijuana, marriage), an America where you'd rather pollute and contribute to the degradation of our environment instead of find viable solutions... That's not the type of America I want.

Old 04-22-2011, 05:55 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,352,438 times
He's being purposefully ignorant. Of course that's the definition of Liberal.

Old 04-22-2011, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
He's being purposefully ignorant. Of course that's the definition of Liberal.
Actually, those that describe themselves as liberals are on the whole more educated.

Old 04-22-2011, 06:14 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,352,438 times
You should get out more often. In the real world Liberals are the folks with their trashed rooms with food plates left beside the beds, ash tray knocked over beside the bed where they tried to put that last cigarette out before passing out hammered. Liberals are the folks wearing a "save the planet" shirt while drinking from a water bottle wearing polyester tossing their cigarette butts on the ground. Liberals are the ones you hear drive by your house and everything in it rumbles till they pass. Well, those are the younger Liberals, Liberalism is shared though with another group on the far other spectrum and they get the name limousine Liberal.

Looking back, I sure do know a lot of people.

And trust me, Liberalism is far more rampant in college aged kids who've haven't worked in the real world yet and folks that have far more money than they even know what to do with it. The two most warped-minded in our society.

Old 04-22-2011, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
You should get out more often. In the real world Liberals are the folks with their trashed rooms with food plates left beside the beds, ash tray knocked over beside the bed where they tried to put that last cigarette out before passing out hammered. Liberals are the folks wearing a "save the planet" shirt while drinking from a water bottle wearing polyester tossing their cigarette butts on the ground. Liberals are the ones you hear drive by your house and everything in it rumbles till they pass. Well, those are the younger Liberals, Liberalism is shared though with another group on the far other spectrum and they get the name limousine Liberal.

Looking back, I sure do know a lot of people.

And trust me, Liberalism is far more rampant in college aged kids who've haven't worked in the real world yet and folks that have far more money than they even know what to do with it. The two most warped-minded in our society.
Great fact checking and objectivity there...Funny how San Jose, the richest large city in America is liberal dominated. Isn't it also odd how Manhattan New York is majority liberal? Liberals and conservatives have a wide range of backgrounds. While conservatives tend to have slightly higher incomes, liberals tend to be better educated. Part of this is because academia does not pay too well and yes, there are younger college aged adults that are liberal (less purchasing power) Meanwhile, there are more White older men (the highest wage earners in our society) on the conservative camp. Whites tend to make more money. Men make more money than females. Experience on the job pays more (simply worker longer, maybe no more or less competent).

I'm not pulling in the big bucks, but I assure you I make more than a decent living. My family is not rich, but we're very comfortable.

Old 04-22-2011, 06:50 AM

78,866 posts, read 46,373,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calibro1 View Post
Great fact checking and objectivity there...Funny how San Jose, the richest large city in America is liberal dominated. Isn't it also odd how Manhattan New York is majority liberal? Liberals and conservatives have a wide range of backgrounds. While conservatives tend to have slightly higher incomes, liberals tend to be better educated. Part of this is because academia does not pay too well and yes, there are younger college aged adults that are liberal (less purchasing power) Meanwhile, there are more White older men (the highest wage earners in our society) on the conservative camp. Whites tend to make more money. Men make more money than females. Experience on the job pays more (simply worker longer, maybe no more or less competent).

I'm not pulling in the big bucks, but I assure you I make more than a decent living. My family is not rich, but we're very comfortable.

Every city of any size in the USA is liberal at the core.

That is how it should be if that is what those citizens of that community want. It is not the States business or especially the Federal governments business to have the social programs these social utopias wish to experiment with.

The local levels are what the USA was all about.
It is up to them to learn from their mistakes and fix it, or lose citizens, not ask for a bailout.

Old 04-22-2011, 06:58 AM

37,748 posts, read 40,820,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
"Obama: Truly ignorant, or purposefully misleading?"

Doesn't matter.

As demonstrated multiple times Obama reverses himself with no explaination. The media is complicit in dissolving his past as no one ever references his previous declarations that oppose his current statements.

So with the confidence no one will challenge his words, he is free to say anything he wants.

Obama employs the same strategy used by the delphic oracle, Miss Cleo and other soothsayers. The words are vague enough to require interpretation by the listener who instinctively fill in the blanks to hear what they want to hear.

When challenged for a failed prediciton, the oracle/lawyer repeats his words to demonstrate in the best interpretive legal tradition of Bill Clinton who 'did not have sex with that woman' that he never said what the listener claimed to hear.

Despite Obama constantly using the phrase, 'let me be clear' his vagueness is his salvation in the literate, legally defined world in which he lives....up on the mountain in a cave away from the 'people' just like an ancient greek oracle.

When the oracle told the king prior to a big battle that a great empire would fall, the king assumed it would be the empire of his enemy. The empire destined to fall was his own. So, was the oracle correct in her prediction?
I keep pointing out how Obama repeatedly says Obamacare won't cut your benefits and how people keep misinterpreting "benefits" as "treatment." He does this repeatedly and no one in the media ever calls him on it. Grandma and Junior can both be covered (benefit) by Obamacare for knee problems but that doesn't mean Junior (surgery) and Grandma (pain pill) will get the same treatment. They hear what they want to hear.

Also, someone like a Glenn Beck can produce video, audio and direct quotes by Obama and his administration and they never refute what he says, they just make fun of him and call him a clown while the ignorant (and jealous, I think) so-called media jump in with Obama. It's pitiful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies