Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2011, 12:35 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,436,651 times

Advertisements

These kinds of people think they are tough, yeah when they are in a gang. Hey since they are so tough, can we ship them to War, and see how tough they really are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2011, 12:35 PM

7,871 posts, read 10,126,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Of course you would fight back but when it happens in the snap of a finger and it is 25 against 2, what are your odds? That the previous poster to whom I was responding was basically "poo-pooing" it as a non-event easily overcome was not even in the same country as reality, IMO. YMMV
My theory on that is, whoever ends up on the bottom of the pile with me is going to lose some body parts.

Old 04-21-2011, 12:40 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,981,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Of course you would fight back but when it happens in the snap of a finger and it is 25 against 2, what are your odds? That the previous poster to whom I was responding was basically "poo-pooing" it as a non-event easily overcome was not even in the same country as reality, IMO. YMMV

Not trying to be all macho, because I truly don't like fighting. However; I can, and will handle my business if attacked! With that being said, were it me in the situation, then they had better hope that they kill me, or make it so I can't walk ever again, because you' had better believe it wouldn't be over! Yeah I know, a little vigilante on my part, but until the powers that be allow good hard working folks like you and I to defend ourselves by any means necessary in these types of situations, then s*** like this will continue. Criminals don't play by the rules.

Old 04-21-2011, 12:41 PM

6,391 posts, read 5,165,396 times
All I have to say is . . . Kennesaw Georgia.

Old 04-21-2011, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
These kinds of people think they are tough, yeah when they are in a gang. Hey since they are so tough, can we ship them to War, and see how tough they really are.

Hmmm, not a bad idea. Prison or the front lines... no wait, you don't get a choice! No plea bargaining here, especially if there is video evidence!

Old 04-21-2011, 12:49 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,436,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Hmmm, not a bad idea. Prison or the front lines... no wait, you don't get a choice! No plea bargaining here, especially if there is video evidence!

I so here ya, like to see them each on the front lines, guarantee they will not be so tough anymore, where is their gang when they need them!

Old 04-21-2011, 12:55 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,515,251 times
In a situation like that, you fight as dirty as possible. You may not win, but some of those monsters will be going home missing bits of flesh (cause I'd bit as hard as possible to leave teeth marks requiring medical treatment), missing an eye or two (gouging out eyes is fair game), some dislocated joints, and maybe some deaths (neck snap, throat punch, or hard elbow strike to the temple).

Old 04-21-2011, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
I so here ya, like to see them each on the front lines, guarantee they will not be so tough anymore, where is their gang when they need them!

This crap is becoming more frequent! Just the other day when McDonalds announced that they were hiring there was a riot situation at one of the local McDonalds here in Cleveland. A fight broke out, and someone ended up getting run over.

Old 04-21-2011, 01:36 PM

30 posts, read 33,687 times
(on sending thugs off to the military)

Unfortunately, we'd just have more innocent afghani civilians shot and more 'lkill teams' or whatever. I'm not sure what the answer is, get 'em when they're young, and try to rehabilitate them, then, when they're adults, if they still choose the life of crime, lock them up in a sweat shop.

Legalize MJ and free some space and resources for the hardened criminals.

Old 04-21-2011, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Here_For_The_Links View Post
(on sending thugs off to the military)

Unfortunately, we'd just have more innocent afghani civilians shot and more 'lkill teams' or whatever. I'm not sure what the answer is, get 'em when they're young, and try to rehabilitate them, then, when they're adults, if they still choose the life of crime, lock them up in a sweat shop.

Legalize MJ and free some space and resources for the hardened criminals.

Legalizing marijuana is a start. I truly believe that prohibition fuels nothing but the black market. But, you'll still have people wanting to commit crimes of opportunity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies