Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is Obama doing everything he can to keep the cost of oil/gas down
yes 10 9.71%
no 83 80.58%
other 6 5.83%
not sure 4 3.88%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 04:59 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,831,906 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by geofra View Post
What can he do? Seriously, what can he do to bring gas prices down tomorrow? Next week? Next month?
Obama is a God. If he wanted, he could make gas prices negative. Gas stations would pay YOU to fill up, not the other way around.

In fact, Obama wakes up every morning and says, "I'll think I'll make gas 4 bucks a gallon today at Johhny's Fill-er-Up on Madison street in St. Louis."
One quick wave of his index finger and PRESTO CHAINJO, gas prices immediately reset to 4 dollars.

He does the same thing with food commodities every morning, too. Then he brushes his teeth..with NOTHING because he's so baddass bacteria flee from his molars. Then, he gets in his SUV and rides. 'Cuz haters gonna hate. That's why.

YouTube - Chamillionaire - Ridin' ft. Krayzie Bone
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2011, 05:03 PM

5,036 posts, read 5,137,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
Obama is a God. If he wanted, he could make gas prices negative. Gas stations would pay YOU to fill up, not the other way around.

In fact, Obama wakes up every morning and says, "I'll think I'll make gas 4 bucks a gallon today at Johhny's Fill-er-Up on Madison street in St. Louis."
One quick wave of his index finger and PRESTO CHAINJO, gas prices immediately reset to 4 dollars.

He does the same thing with food commodities every morning, too. Then he brushes his teeth..with NOTHING because he's so baddass bacteria flee from his molars. Then, he gets in his SUV and rides. 'Cuz haters gonna hate. That's why.
You can be a smart ass all you want about this but if you dont think that Obama could take action to lower prices then you are very foolish. But its all been explained to you already but go ahead and ignore it.

He will not only refuse to do what he can to help with oil and energy prices, he will do what he can to make energy prices and oil prices remain high or go up.

Old 04-25-2011, 05:04 PM

2,793 posts, read 6,123,033 times
I'd say he's doing everything he can to keep gas prices UP! WTF kind of question is this?!?!

Old 04-25-2011, 05:05 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,912,825 times
i think it is pretty clear to us that obama is not a god , but thanks for playing.

don't address the real issues of how he screwed our own oil exploration over, hurt businesses, helped foreign oil exploration, and favors cap and trade and "skyrocketing" energy prices.

that's okay, because every time you pull up to the gas pump now obama is giving a free ad for anybody who opposes obama in the next election.

LOL, bucslose, we must have been typing at the same time, but you were faster. you suck!

Last edited by floridasandy; 04-25-2011 at 05:46 PM..

Old 04-25-2011, 05:08 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,442,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
You do realize that the momentum started way before Obama took office, right? It's a premature to judge Bush or Obama in regards to the current state of the economy.
But with me it is what i witness first hand, and i have witnessed 13 who have lost jobs only under this administration, i am not going to lie about that, and say something different. If it were Bush, i am the type of person that would say so, because i am of a certain party, does not mean i condone everything in my party, have to agree with all that is being told to me, and have to agree with what i am told, have my own mind, eyes and ears. They did not lost their homes or jobs under Bush it was under Obama, and that is that. Obama is not the saint he made himself out to be when he was running his mouth, and claiming he would be the President of all time, Not.

Old 04-25-2011, 05:10 PM

17 posts, read 15,277 times
This is BS. So W wanted to keep gas high when it was over 4 a gallon, oh wait, W was not black so we don't blame him. LOL Rednecks cant live with em can't educate em. LOL

Old 04-25-2011, 05:27 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,138,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
But with me it is what i witness first hand, and i have witnessed 13 who have lost jobs only under this administration, i am not going to lie about that, and say something different. If it were Bush, i am the type of person that would say so, because i am of a certain party, does not mean i condone everything in my party, have to agree with all that is being told to me, and have to agree with what i am told, have my own mind, eyes and ears. They did not lost their homes or jobs under Bush it was under Obama, and that is that. Obama is not the saint he made himself out to be when he was running his mouth, and claiming he would be the President of all time, Not.
You're right. Obama wasn't able to hold back all the damage that bush caused from hitting the people. But in the end, the momentum began before obama, so you cannot blame him alone.

Old 04-25-2011, 05:32 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,138,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post

YouTube - Chamillionaire - Ridin' ft. Krayzie Bone
Krayzie does rip it in his verse.

Old 04-25-2011, 05:58 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,912,825 times
in yet more mouth dropping obama news we have this today:

What’s wrong with this picture? We can’t drill for offshore oil in the United States, but we can give billions of dollars to Brazil so they can build one. We haven’t built a refinery in the United States since 1976, but we can give Colombia $2.84 billion so they can build one.

CSN News reports the completely inexplicable details of the pissing away of ANOTHER few billion of your tax dollars:

The U.S. Export-Import Bank, an independent agency of the federal government, is now planning a $2.84-billion loan for a massive project to expand and upgrade an oil refinery–in Cartagena, Colombia.

The money would go to Reficar, a wholly owned subsidiary of Ecopetrol, the Colombian national oil company.

“This is part of a $5.18 billion refinery and upgrade project in Cartagena, Colombia supplying petroleum products to the domestic and export markets,” the Export-Import Bank said in a statement.

at least our president is consistent in disliking this country, its citizens, and his preference for a "global vision".

to set the record straight- oil prices went up 7 percent during the first 26 months of the Bush presidency, but have gone up 67 percent during the first 26 months of the Obama presidency.

good times

Old 04-25-2011, 06:07 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
QE is making fuel rise in cost.

Printing money to buy bad bonds.
Banana Republic style.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies