Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2011, 12:31 AM

3,886 posts, read 10,081,159 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
Well if some hapless non-smoker should wander into a cigar bar,
they might be "subjected" to smoke, but never fear, the smoke
nazis want to ban smoking in cigar bars and tobacco shops.
Next they will take beers out of bars. It won't stop anything but the bar owners living. They will just party at a friends home, and drive on home from there. lol None of it matters, if it were going to matter the banning wouldn't need to be discussed in the first place, it wouldn't be happening. Putting a law on anything doesn't work. They tried it with drinking, didn't stop anyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2011, 12:36 AM

9,138 posts, read 5,802,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yhbv24 View Post
No, it isn't. Show me actual, hard evidence that pregnant moms eating fish kills hundreds of thousands of those kids each year.
Are you saying that smoking moms
"kill hundreds of thousands of those kids each year?"
I'd like to see that "actual, hard evidence."
(and no, I'm not saying that pregnant mothers should smoke.)

I'd also like to see a single death certificate that
states the cause of death as "second hand smoke."
Let alone the 600,000 that some claim.

Old 04-25-2011, 12:57 AM

86 posts, read 162,181 times
Quote:
Are you saying that smoking moms
"kill hundreds of thousands of those kids each year?"
I'd like to see that "actual, hard evidence."
Am I? Just find the quote where I say smoking moms "kill hundreds of thousands of those kids each year."

Quote:
I'd also like to see a single death certificate that
states the cause of death as "second hand smoke."
Let alone the 600,000 that some claim.
The cause of death would likely be cancer, not "second hand smoke." If a smoker dies of lung cancer, the cause of death would be lung cancer, not "smoking."

The 600,000 that some claim? The "some" to whom you refer are called doctors.

Quote:
Putting a law on anything doesn't work.
I am not for banning smoking in tobacco shops, hookah lounges, bars, etc. I am for banning them in shopping malls, restaurants, stadiums/arenas, etc. I shouldn't say I am for it in terms of top priorities, but I would support such legislation should it come up.

Old 04-25-2011, 01:17 AM

Quote:
Am I? Just find the quote where I say smoking moms "kill hundreds of thousands of those kids each year."
Is that not what you implied when you said:
Quote:
No, it isn't. Show me actual, hard evidence that pregnant moms eating fish kills hundreds of thousands of those kids each year.
If I'm wrong, you have my apology.

Old 04-25-2011, 01:22 AM

The Facts about second hand smoke

Old 04-25-2011, 04:16 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,044,756 times
Quote:
That's because stores and offices are private, not public. Anywhere that isn't private is public.

And to be honest, it's not as much that I'm worried about myself, but children of smokers who have to inhale it often in their homes, cars, etc.

As I said before, in 2004, over 600,000 people died from complications having to do with second hand smoke. That's 600,000 people that died as a result of other people's "freedom."
You can stop worrying.

Both of my parents smoked. My mother smoked while she was pregnant. She had two healthy babies. Two healthy children. No asthma, no allergies, no learning disabilities, no more colds than any other child, never had an earache.

We got the measles, mumps and chicken pox........and recovered quickly.

My brother and I are now in our late fifties......and neither one of us has any health problems. We don't need to take any prescription drugs for high cholesterol or high blood pressure........nothing.

My generation grew up with smokers all around us and we were healthy........ not near as sickly as the children of today........and that is a FACT.

Old 04-25-2011, 07:57 AM

1,970 posts, read 1,761,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twiggy View Post
How exactly are you subjected to someone who smokes? Do you live with them? Work in an office with one? What are you talking about, do smokers follow you around and blow?
They are subjected because they make sure that they go where people are smoking so they will have something to b**** about. All of the moaning and groaning about people smoking are done only from people who apparently have no life and don't believe in the constitution of the country. They wish to CONTROL others and no other reason. All that ever had to happen is for any of the do-gooders to open smoke free shops and then they would have had what they wanted, but they had the guts to actually start a business, and instead decided it would be better to control the real business owners. The do-gooders are weak and don't have the brain power and guts it takes to start their own businesses so they go after the true people who keep this country going.

Old 04-25-2011, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Take a guess! Smokers exist, they smoke in public places. Put those together and voila! That's how.
So, STOP going into places where they are. You are the subjecting yourself and you know and don't have the honesty to admit such.

Old 04-25-2011, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
Well if some hapless non-smoker should wander into a cigar bar,
they might be "subjected" to smoke, but never fear, the smoke
nazis want to ban smoking in cigar bars and tobacco shops.
And they have done just that in Springfield, MO. They have also banned smoking in PRIVATE clubs like the VFWs and such.

Old 04-25-2011, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
You can stop worrying.

Both of my parents smoked. My mother smoked while she was pregnant. She had two healthy babies. Two healthy children. No asthma, no allergies, no learning disabilities, no more colds than any other child, never had an earache.

We got the measles, mumps and chicken pox........and recovered quickly.

My brother and I are now in our late fifties......and neither one of us has any health problems. We don't need to take any prescription drugs for high cholesterol or high blood pressure........nothing.

My generation grew up with smokers all around us and we were healthy........ not near as sickly as the children of today........and that is a FACT.
Yes, it is a fact. The children of today are sickly as all get out. They are too damn clean for one thing. I mean, the idiot parents of today don't allow their damn children to even get dirty like all of used to and that means that the children's immune systems are not able to build the natural immunity needed for normal bacteria that are all over the place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies