Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2011, 09:44 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,122,289 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chattypatty View Post
Love Seinfeld the sitcom; not crazy about Seinfeld the person. He basically has bad character. First, he steals another man's wife 6 weeks into their marriage.
Did he kidnap her? How do you "steal" a wife? He didn't do anything. The wife left her husband after 6 weeks and ths husband lost his wife. Seinfeld wasn't committed to the couple's marriage and owed it nothing.

Quote:

Then he tries to cheat a realtor out of her commission when he was searching for his Manhattan apartment.
I don't know anything about this one but if it's true, then I agree with you on this one.

Quote:

Now he bails out of a commitment to Trump's SON because he doesn't like the father's politics. Kind of shameful.
I wouldn't say shameful. But I would certainly call it unprofessional. But not nearly as unprofessional as what DT is doing across the board.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2011, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
I'm no big Trump fan but wasn't Seinfeld the one who stood by that for Mccartney and laughed while he bashed Bush? Doesn't he support that jackass who had a scene where a character pissed on a picture of Mary or Jesus? I guess that was "acceptable" to him and just fine
Is there something wrong with bashing Bush (or anyone) or pissing on a picture of Mary or Jesus? He is a Jewish comedian... almost all comedians play off of similar values.

Old 04-21-2011, 09:52 PM

5,036 posts, read 5,135,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
Is there something wrong with bashing Bush (or anyone) or pissing on a picture of Mary or Jesus? He is a Jewish comedian... almost all comedians play off of similar values.
If there is nothing wrong with that then he deserves to be called out for ditching this. And I dont care what these people call themselves. Jewish doesn't mean he practices the religion and I dont see how that excuses that so called comedy.

Old 04-21-2011, 09:57 PM

Quote:
If there is nothing wrong with that then he deserves to be called out for ditching this.
I agree. I don't see him retaliating though. I'm sure he could care less.

Quote:

And I dont care what these people call themselves. Jewish doesn't mean he practices the religion and I dont see how that excuses that so called comedy.
He is practicing. Just hearing about it makes me laugh, therefor it can be called comedy. The guy is funny (according to the masses) just like Donald Trump knows business (according to the masses). Either way, I don't think it matters to this specific event.

Clearly Jerry Seinfeld made an unprofessional move, and Trump retaliated with a political move.

Old 04-21-2011, 10:07 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,522,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
Nice of him to do that but not classy of him to ditch the benefit.
Jerry Seinfeld politely bowed out of the event 5 months prior AND made a donation to the charities. It shows that he is a very classy man. He did NOT, however, want to be associated with Donald Trump's racist, birther nonsense....so any celebrity (or anyone on planet Earth) who disagrees with him deserves to be lashed with The Donald's forked tongue?

Get a grip!

Old 04-21-2011, 10:26 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,408,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Jerry Seinfeld politely bowed out of the event 5 months prior AND made a donation to the charities. It shows that he is a very classy man. He did NOT, however, want to be associated with Donald Trump's racist, birther nonsense....so any celebrity (or anyone on planet Earth) who disagrees with him deserves to be lashed with The Donald's forked tongue?

Get a grip!
Donald Trump was not the sponsor of this event. Do you think it is right to punish the son because you disagree with the father?

Old 04-21-2011, 11:07 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,435,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogdad View Post
I could listen to Donald give it to the lefties all day long. No PC BS. Just "Hey Seinfeld you suck you coward POS" LMAO

I watched the whole things on tv tonight. Has nothing to do with being pompus at all. When you say your going to be somewhere when it has to do with charity, you do it. You don't give a word then back out because of political differences when it comes to charity, sorry how i feel.

Old 04-22-2011, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
Donald Trump was not the sponsor of this event. Do you think it is right to punish the son because you disagree with the father?
Jerry Seinfeld has the right to do whatever the FLIP he wants to do. If he felt uncomfortable in anyway with the Trumps, why should he be obliged to associate with them?

Also, why did Donald Trump need to stick his nose in the situation if this was strictly an event by his son Eric? Does Donald Trump think that his son can't handle his own event without stepping in to rule the roost?

Old 04-22-2011, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Jerry Seinfeld has the right to do whatever the FLIP he wants to do. If he felt uncomfortable in anyway with the Trumps, why should he be obliged to associate with them?

Also, why did Donald Trump need to stick his nose in the situation if this was strictly an event by his son Eric? Does Donald Trump think that his son can't handle his own event without stepping in to rule the roost?
Have you observed his son? He's useless and Donald knows this for sure.

Old 04-22-2011, 01:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
Have you observed his son? He's useless and Donald knows this for sure.
I actually like Donald Trump's children (or what I have observed of them so far). They seem like very well-adjusted, poised and professional young people. I think that probably has a lot more to do with their mother Ivana then it does with The Donald.

Donald Trump, however, has to turn everything into a war. His feuds seem to stem from an overactive mouth (and quite possibly a SPS )
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies