Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2011, 10:47 AM

3,644 posts, read 6,306,964 times

Advertisements

Salt Lake City: Presbyterian church "not afraid of truth," gives away free Qur'ans - Jihad Watch

Pathetic. I bet the church leaders haven't even read the thing. They might as well stand up there and say that the core tennants of Christianity are false. It's the same thing. Dhimmis, dupes, and politically correct cattle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2011, 10:49 AM

1,233 posts, read 1,218,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerbacon View Post
Salt Lake City: Presbyterian church "not afraid of truth," gives away free Qur'ans - Jihad Watch

Pathetic. I bet the church leaders haven't even read the thing. They might as well stand up there and say that the core tennants of Christianity are false. It's the same thing. Dhimmis, dupes, and politically correct cattle.
Got something against the Freedom of Religion?

Perhaps you would prefer that only your personal religious beliefs be protected.

Old 04-23-2011, 11:10 AM

4,367 posts, read 3,485,145 times
Useful idiots.

Old 04-23-2011, 11:15 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,712,723 times
Its a free country let them pass them out. The truth will set you free. Or, you can make a neat bonfire.

Old 04-23-2011, 11:17 AM

3,644 posts, read 6,306,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtimer2 View Post
Got something against the Freedom of Religion?

Perhaps you would prefer that only your personal religious beliefs be protected.
Nothing agasinst freedom of religion. I fully expect members of a religion to promote that religion, as is their right. I just find in a little strange when members of a religion promote a religion that completely rejects the central theme of their religion (that Jesus is the Son of God). It would be like athiests going around promoting the worship of God. So, either the little dhimmis are ignorant of what is in the book they are passing out or it is PC-ness run amuck.
I'm reminded in the Bible where we are told that in the time Jesus will return that 1/3 of the churches will be corrupt and preaching false beliefs. This will surely will be one of them.

Old 04-23-2011, 11:26 AM

1,233 posts, read 1,218,765 times
Quote:
Nothing agasinst freedom of religion. I fully expect members of a religion to promote that religion, as is their right. I just find in a little strange when members of a religion promote a religion that completely rejects the central theme of their religion (that Jesus is the Son of God). It would be like athiests going around promoting the worship of God. So, either the little dhimmis are ignorant of what is in the book they are passing out or it is PC-ness run amuck.
I'm reminded in the Bible where we are told that in the time Jesus will return that 1/3 of the churches will be corrupt and preaching false beliefs. This will surely will be one of them.
Perhaps it is best to lean what a book actually has to say before criticizing or defending it.

Maybe that is the point.

Old 04-23-2011, 11:29 AM

760 posts, read 685,816 times
Quote:
Perhaps it is best to lean what a book actually has to say before criticizing or defending it.

Maybe that is the point.
This.

I've read all sorts of religious texts over the last 10 years.

It's the reason I follow none of them.

Old 04-23-2011, 11:30 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,942,602 times
Quote:

Is it a member of the World Council of Churches? If it is, that would explain it. The WCC is run by globalists as well.

Old 04-23-2011, 11:35 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,411,082 times
Quote:

Maybe that is the point.
I gotta spread some around but.................................BRAVO!

Old 04-23-2011, 12:41 PM

46,963 posts, read 26,005,972 times
Quote:
It would be like athiests going around promoting the worship of God.
Actually, it would be like atheists strongly suggesting people read the Bible and other holy scripture - which a lot of them do, in fact.

If you're suggesting that churches are there to make certain their flock keeps the blinders firmly on, well - it would confirm a prejudice I've been harboring about certain churches.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies