Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2011, 06:42 AM

2,652 posts, read 4,797,840 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalileoSmith View Post
I thought this thread had been closed. Maybe they were waiting for my opinion. After all, I really do know everything.

Anyway, I call these kind of threads "incident threads" because they are about isolated incidents and not something like government policy or debates about war. This is not to say that "incident threads" aren't ever worthy of discussion. But they are about one, single incident, and nothing more. Another words, we are not talking about cross-racial restaurant beatings becoming a fashion trend. As bad as the incident is, it doesn't beckon any reason for a society-wide concern. It might just as well be a thread containing a video of a cow being struck by lightning.

Okay, having gone through that, is there any real evidence that the incident has any real racial components, or do we just project a racial component on the incident? I don't know. I'm asking as kind of a devil's advocate sort of thing.

As for Sharpton and Jackson, their jobs generally are not to defend white folks. That should be understood. See, if a union truck driver is in an accident involving an ordinary motorist, the truck driver's union will not come to the aid of the motorist in an effort find the union truck driver at fault. It doesn't work that way.
Very good post. Very insightful! High Five to YOU!!

Old 04-24-2011, 07:49 AM

5,660 posts, read 5,087,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theother View Post
Poor white girl... :|
"IT" wasn't a girl. It was some dude in a skirt!

Old 04-24-2011, 08:27 AM

9,394 posts, read 15,691,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
"IT" wasn't a girl. It was some dude in a skirt!
And that changes the crime how?

Old 04-24-2011, 09:04 AM

1,324 posts, read 1,198,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
And that changes the crime how?
In the place where I used to work we ladies shared our bathroom with 3 cross dressers . We always waited for them to come out before we went in , but we did share . We never thought of hurting them .
Now the black ladies will get charged with a hate crime .

Old 04-24-2011, 09:10 AM

576 posts, read 586,116 times
Funny....someone questions Obama and the are definitely racist.
Yet this is in no way racist.

Old 04-24-2011, 09:55 AM

8,276 posts, read 12,858,570 times
Why point fingers at those that weren't present... Why did these idiots present not put a stop to this. I will tell you if I see that in person there will be women going to jail and if they get beaten in the process of a citizens arrest so be it.

Why did all these people stand by idle... except the old woman... she was the only one with balls... what is wrong with these people?
That is where your outrage should be... not some crappy racial claim about Sharpton or Jjackson. grow some nads and lay the blame where it belongs.

Old 04-24-2011, 01:20 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,452,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom77falcons View Post
The murder rate in majority white countries comes nowhere close to Africa.
Armenian Genocide - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(1.5 million Armenians)

The Holocaust - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(6 million people of various religious, philosophical, sexual preference, mental conditions, and European ethnic ancestry)

Holodomor - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(12 million ethnic Ukrainians)

This is just a short list.

18.5 million in majority "white" countries... but who's counting.

800,000 murdered in 1995 Rwandan Genocide.
<25,000 murdered in Darfur/Sudan (Janjeweed Genocide).

When it happens in Africa, they wipe out a tribe/village.
When it happens in Europe, they wipe out an ethnicity/nation.

Last edited by LuckyGem; 04-24-2011 at 01:32 PM..

Old 04-24-2011, 01:29 PM

3,004 posts, read 3,885,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
Why point fingers at those that weren't present... Why did these idiots present not put a stop to this. I will tell you if I see that in person there will be women going to jail and if they get beaten in the process of a citizens arrest so be it.

Why did all these people stand by idle... except the old woman... she was the only one with balls... what is wrong with these people?
That is where your outrage should be... not some crappy racial claim about Sharpton or Jjackson. grow some nads and lay the blame where it belongs.
I think some of us are sick of Fat Al and Jumpin' Jesse proclaiming themselves the guardians of justice when they are, in fact, nothing of the kind. I understand the OP's point of view.

But, you're also right -- the bystanders/employees were reprehensible. The one holding the camera and urging the violent hos to escape got fired, and management is looking into the behavior of the others. At least someone could have called the police.

It looks like they were all enjoying the show and had no desire for it to end, products of the culture they were raised in.

Old 04-24-2011, 01:33 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,692,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theother View Post
So it wasn't a racial attack...
It doesn't appear to be that. If you actually watch the video, you can hear where the man asked where he was supposed to go to the bathroom and that further enraged the young women.

It all seems to be about this guy using the women's room. Not even necessarily that he was a transvestite but a transvestite using the women's room.

The beating was wrong obviously but doesn't appear to be racial and isn't necessarily about homosexuality, maybe if there were a "his", "hers", and "neithers" bathroom, this wouldn't have happened at all.

Old 04-24-2011, 01:35 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,452,545 times
Here's the latest:

Chrissy Lee Polis, transgender woman attacked at Baltimore McDonald's, calls assault a 'hate crime'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQ5lO...mbedded#at=170

Sounds like it was over a man. Nothing to do with race, nothing to do with "tranny", or gay.

She was "tryina' talk to her man".

What-Teverrr!

That's a mannnn baby!

Spoiler
http://assets.nydailynews.com/img/2011/04/25/alg_crissy-polis.jpg (broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies