Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2011, 12:17 PM

19 posts, read 24,862 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecovlke View Post
I saw this thread the other day, and avoided it as it appeared to be one more White person putting up a race bait thread.

I just watched the video and have to say 1) who was that chicken poop manager? Man! if he can't get those ******* off of the victim then call the cops; 2) kudos to the older woman who took up for the victim; 3) I just found out this was a transgender/transvestite. Does the OP still believe have the same complaint about this being a black on white attack or have they changed their tune now?

All I know is this reminded me of how things were when I was in junior high, which was about 85% African American. They always ganged up on the non-blacks. I fought back and fought hard as I was not going to take any chit off of anyone. Always outnumbered though, but when push came to shove it was the African Americans that always had my back and not the White friends. Amazing. That said, those who know my posts know that I defend most African Americans and Mexicans and other minorities against the constant barrage of insults from many Whites at C-D.

My opinion of this attack is that the manager did little to help the victim. I think he is a pile of poop. Where were the cops?
I had to read this post a few times over, as I was looking for the part where you mention the attackers. Oh right, there is no mention of them. Let's put blame where blame is due. Everyone watching and not doing anything is an accomplice but the real criminals are the attackers. Everyone is scared of pointing out that the attackers are black. When it's the other way around, black people go out and loot, (Rodney King) and aren't afraid of calling out whitey. The fact that the attackers are black should be of no surprise given the US prison population is 46% African American. Why is everyone so scared of this? It's a fact, it's not 'race bait'. When I clicked on that video I really wasn't expecting to see 2 Asian people beating up a girl at McDonalds.
Black people living in 2011 America should get over what was done centuries ago and unite to fix the problems affecting their communities TODAY. I could list MANY immigrant groups who suffered in their own countries and in the US and who had less opportunities than the blacks who are born in the US, and have succeeded by uniting and helping each other out. The Jewish suffered in concentration camps, the Chinese suffered when they immigrated to California. Why aren't they 46% of the prison population?

Old 04-26-2011, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Men don't use the women's bathroom.

A post-op transsexual may use the women's bathroom.
Still NOT a good reason for 2 people two gang up on ONE person and beat the crap out of them for 3 minutes. Sorry, I'm kind of weird in that way that I think beating people up is wrong.

Old 04-26-2011, 12:21 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,445,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyc9812 View Post
I had to read this post a few times over, as I was looking for the part where you mention the attackers. Oh right, there is no mention of them. Let's put blame where blame is due. Everyone watching and not doing anything is an accomplice but the real criminals are the attackers. Everyone is scared of pointing out that the attackers are black. When it's the other way around, black people go out and loot, (Rodney King) and aren't afraid of calling out whitey. The fact that the attackers are black should be of no surprise given the US prison population is 46% African American. Why is everyone so scared of this? It's a fact, it's not 'race bait'. When I clicked on that video I really wasn't expecting to see 2 Asian people beating up a girl at McDonalds.
Black people living in 2011 America should get over what was done centuries ago and unite to fix the problems affecting their communities TODAY. I could list MANY immigrant groups who suffered in their own countries and in the US and who had less opportunities than the blacks who are born in the US, and have succeeded by uniting and helping each other out. The Jewish suffered in concentration camps, the Chinese suffered when they immigrated to California. Why aren't they 46% of the prison population?
I think it's OBVIOUS that the attackers are black.

What does the ethnicity of the attackers have to do with anything?

An ethnicity can't commit a crime. An individual commits a crime.

I can't very well go blaming all black people for that transsexual being attacked in the bathroom at McDonalds can you?

When did Rodney King loot or call anybody "whitey"? I lived in Los Angeles during the Riots and let me tell you there were plenty of Latinos and White people looting during the mayhem. I saw lots of people from all backgrounds destroying property.

I don't care how many people emigrated to this country or from where or what their history OUTSIDE of this country was. Every ethnic group has their unique history in the United States, and the experience of black people in the United States is the most controversial by far of any ethnic group in this country based on the length of time blacks have been here and the political and social history of blacks in the USA. Unless you have a scholarly background in Black American Studies, social anthropology, are black American, or are married to a black American I really can't see how someone could use "news" or "opinion" to make conclusions about how an entire group of people in this country should behave when the only thing you can base your argument on is "slavery happened in the past - get over it".

Racists love to throw out the "race card" whenever they see fit and then force an entire ethnicity into the same box of "violent, uneducated, ghetto, guttersnipe, animals". It's not the responsibility of "Black America" to do anything about other's behavior.

You're born into the world alone, and you're responsible for yourself alone, and your offspring. That's the only thing white people are expected to be responsible for. Why are black people supposed to be held to a different standard of responsibility for every black person that commits a crime?

Blacks are no more monolithic than whites. Yet blacks are constantly put into the same "race box" and held to an entirely different standard than every other ethnic group in this country.

If you can answer why that is I would love to know.

Last edited by LuckyGem; 04-26-2011 at 12:34 PM..

Old 04-26-2011, 12:23 PM

1,446 posts, read 3,550,219 times
It's a hate crime versus Transsexuals.

Old 04-26-2011, 12:25 PM

6,421 posts, read 7,660,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyc9812 View Post
Did you read the quote on my post? And yes, there are plenty of others claiming that MAYBE there was a reason why the girl got her a$$ beat. I do sincerely apologize for offending you with my descriptions of the attackers. They are probably not elephants, just really great folks. I would have preferred a few other choice adjectives, but I'm trying to keep this PG.

The attack was ridiculous, and folks, like yourself, who seem to justify it or are searching for a reason why this girl got beat up by 2 people while several others stood around and watched, are an example of what is wrong with our society today. People who demonstrate how teenagers like this are raised in households where they aren't taught right from wrong. Then I and my kids have to deal with the crimes perpetrated by the offspring of people who have no morals.

Who cares what stage of transformation he or she is in? What a ridiculous, pointless point.

YOU have nothing to apologize for!

I could only watch the clip once as it is so disturbing but I don't recall the victim ever, not once, doing anything other than assuming a defensive posture. I too have many choice adjectives for those thugs. Hopefully, they will get what they deserve in prison. Twice in my life I have lost someone to violence by thugs like that, each time was with without provocation. Both of them were educated with much to contribute to society, so we all lost and it does matter.

Like a prior poster mentioned, enroll yourself and your children in self defense classes. I will certainly think twice before I enter an establishment that isn't safe.

Old 04-26-2011, 12:44 PM

3,644 posts, read 6,302,342 times
Here's another article on the attack. No mention of race again except to say that the racial dynamics may result in hate crime charges. Community rallies around victim of McDonald’s attack - Post Now - The Washington Post

Old 04-26-2011, 12:47 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,295,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerbacon View Post
Here's another article on the attack. No mention of race again
Good. Race doesn't exist

Old 04-26-2011, 12:56 PM

52,708 posts, read 34,520,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
Quote:
"I think McDonalds should take responsibility for this," Thoms said. "I want to see every single one of their employees involved fired."

Of the video, she said, "It makes me sick to watch it. ... I'm not a hero, I would have done it for anyone. That's why I stepped in, they're going to kill her."
Baltimore Crime Beat: "I'm not a hero. I would have done it for anyone" - Baltimore crime news: Police, courts and police stories in the city and central Maryland - baltimoresun.com
no comments on hearing from the older woman who finally jumped in and tried to do anything?

Old 04-26-2011, 01:13 PM

Quote:
What does the ethnicity of the attackers have to do with anything?
Ethnicity has everything to do with this crime. The media are trying to downplay it because it's such a sensitive subject because it's 'reverse discrimination'. My initial comments had nothing at all to do with race, I just called the attackers animals. Would have done the same regardless of their color.

By the way, I don't have a degree in Black American Studies, but let's just say I've been around and traveled quite a bit. I don't make my points based on ignorance. I am Jewish, born in Latin America married to a mulatto. Are you happy you are all in my business now? Is it ok to talk about black people ONLY if you're black or married to one? Your rant seems very one sided. I mean, it's really just your opinion that the experience of black people in the US is the most controversial. The Jewish people had quite a 'controversial' history in Germany. So what? Stop throwing around the race/victim card. It's getting old.

Old 04-26-2011, 01:21 PM

Quote:

You're born into the world alone, and you're responsible for yourself alone, and your offspring. That's the only thing white people are expected to be responsible for. Why are black people supposed to be held to a different standard of responsibility for every black person that commits a crime?
This kind of thinking is precisely my point. Every man for himself. You're born into this world alone. No talk about uniting and building positive communities. I wish there was a clapping smilie so I could applaud you.

There is obviously a major problem so why not fix it? Other races and ethnicities have done this. It's not being held to a different standard, it's trying to help your fellow neighbor and help your own people. What is racist about that? The Italians, Irish, Greeks, Chinese, Jews, Filipinos and many more have all done, and continue to do it successfully.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.