Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 08:44 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,462,379 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
Which has absolutley nothing to do with the OP, just an attempt at misdirection.
I know. That's why I was trying to nip it in the bud.

Old 04-27-2011, 08:46 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,462,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerbacon View Post
Agreed. If it was the other way around the transgender element would be completely lost and the narrative would be Winte on Black violence. Still, I beleive the motive for the attack was the teansvestite using the women's bathroom and the Black girls became enrnaged about it when they realized a 'man' was in the women's room.
From what I understand of the incident, I believe the racial dynamic is secondary to the gender/sexual orientation dynamic but is nevertheless present.

I agree if it were reversed race would probably be the primary issue raised with gender/sexual orientation being secondary.

Old 04-27-2011, 08:50 AM

2,010 posts, read 2,371,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerbacon View Post
Agreed. If it was the other way around the transgender element would be completely lost and the narrative would be Winte on Black violence. Still, I beleive the motive for the attack was the teansvestite using the women's bathroom and the Black girls became enrnaged about it when they realized a 'man' was in the women's room.
I think that was the cause also, which is still a hate crime, just against the TV aspect not the white aspect. I'm surpised there's been no further releases about this incident detailing the actual motives. It also could have had nothing to do with her being TV or white, the girls may have just been hot heads looking to beat someone up that day.

Old 04-27-2011, 08:50 AM

2,713 posts, read 3,023,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenDullesMJ12 View Post
Learn to separate beliefs from facts then, that's what I am doing.

Did the attackers know the victim was a transgender? Can you confirm that with evidence, please.

Apparently she was a regular visitor of the McDonalds.
The supervisor told the attacker that she was transgender.

According a couple of local news story she/he came on to one of the suspect boyfriends.

This article says it was over a bathroom...So maybe they found out lol.

Victim of McDonald's beating speaks out - Baltimore Sun

Old 04-27-2011, 09:53 AM

3,644 posts, read 6,305,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaffronP15 View Post
You need to read some African history if you think African culture was "NEVER" advanced. I can't believe people actually think that. You must of never heard of Ghana, Mali, Songhay, or Timbuktu. Northern Africa wasn't "always" occupied by Arabs, where did you learn that?
In world history class I learned that African societies reached the bronze age before other parts of the world. This was back before the liberal takeover of the education system was completed so it's probably true and not just political correctness. Some theorize that the reason African societies fell backward was due to the constant infighting between tribes. That seems strange to me though because conflict usually suprs advances, not retrogrades. Anyway, I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with McDonalds or this story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
I'm surpised there's been no further releases about this incident detailing the actual motives.
Sadly, I'm not. Delving into motive requires deeper logical thinking and television networks and other news sources have determined that those things are not profitiable and won't hold viewer's/reader's interest.

Old 04-27-2011, 10:04 AM

4,520 posts, read 4,209,259 times
Whether surgically altered or not, this was a man allowing two teenage girls to beat him up. I don't excuse the girl's behavior AT ALL, however I'm not understanding why he did nothing to protect himself.

In my clubbing days, I used to hang with queens and there were always women who were LIVID when it was discovered that there was a man in the women's restroom. There was no discussion about whether or not surgery took place to alter genitalia...it was "There's a man in the women's bathroom...get out!!". If that didn't happen, an argument would surely ensue.

With the ever growing population of transgender people, there really should be a separate bathroom for private use.

Perhaps no one jumped in to help because this was a man getting beat up vs. a real woman. I know that if I saw two women beating up a guy, I would not step in....In fact, I wouldn't step in for ANY fight. Call the cops? Sure. Interject myself into a situation that I know nothing about? I pass.

Old 04-27-2011, 10:19 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,532,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
Please try not to be so transparent!!!...you preach that two wrongs don't make a right and then go ahead and trumpet that blacks are marauding rapists.

You people are hilarious!!!!..(white people who push the racial agenda while simultaneously denying you are racist)
And that is exactly why I posted about the "random" links about the multitude of White teachers (sexual predators) who are continually caught having sex with students.

Far too many White people downplay the "wrongdoings" of their own yet immediately state "....but Blacks have a higher prevalence of..." or "...but that's nothing compared to Blacks..." no matter what the issue. And they make assumptions about "the stats" with not a hint of proof.

I find it very hypocritcal (although its not very surprising) that White people never feel the need to take (racial) responsibility for the ills of what others of their race have commited against others yet ALL Black people are supposed to apologize when some unknown Black person does something on the other side of the country.

The whole purpose of this thread is to demonize African Americans...yet if a thread was created about the massive amounts of White teachers who molester their students the White posters on C-D would make every attempt to throw enough anti-Black racist hsit to the wall to deflect from the "sickness" of sexual perversion that exists in their community

Old 04-27-2011, 10:39 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,988,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
And that is exactly why I posted about the "random" links about the multitude of White teachers (sexual predators) who are continually caught having sex with students.

Far too many White people downplay the "wrongdoings" of their own yet immediately state "....but Blacks have a higher prevalence of..." or "...but that's nothing compared to Blacks..." no matter what the issue. And they make assumptions about "the stats" with not a hint of proof.

I find it very hypocritcal (although its not very surprising) that White people never feel the need to take (racial) responsibility for the ills of what others of their race have commited against others yet ALL Black people are supposed to apologize when some unknown Black person does something on the other side of the country.

The whole purpose of this thread is to demonize African Americans...yet if a thread was created about the massive amounts of White teachers who molester their students the White posters on C-D would make every attempt to throw enough anti-Black racist hsit to the wall to deflect from the "sickness" of sexual perversion that exists in their community

Who says that we don't? Yeah, there are some serious low points in our history. With that being said, we ALL as AMERICANS need to learn from it, and move on! Furthermore in reference to the stereotype of whites being more known to molest children; I look at it this way, anyone who would molest a child whether they are white, black, hispanic, blue, green or from the planet Jupiter... are the lowest of the low and deserve to be treated as such! That goes for these two nutjobs that beat this person into a seizure! White, black, I don't give a s***! They deserve what is coming to them! I play no favorites based on race when it comes to a violent crime being commited!

Old 04-27-2011, 11:09 AM

3,644 posts, read 6,305,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
With the ever growing population of transgender people, there really should be a separate bathroom for private use.
Or eliminate gender-seperated bathrooms entirely. As long as the individual stalls have that rubber flap between the door and the frame to keep prying eyes out I see no reason to have seperate gender restrooms (and eliminate or enclose urinals).

Old 04-27-2011, 11:17 AM

8,652 posts, read 17,241,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
It is a valid concern. The sexual abuse of students at the hands of White teachers is an epidemic.

Why are so many White teachers having sexual relations with their students? And why isn't the issue being addressed by the White leadership? Our children are targets of these sexual predators and White leaders are ignoring the issue.

Dirty Secrets: Why sexually abusive teachers aren't stopped

Teacher's sexual abuse crushes family, community - USATODAY.com

Law & Disorder: Jacksonville teacher/coach charged with sex offenses against child | jacksonville.com

Philip Barbour Teacher Charged with Sexual Abuse of a Student - WBOY-TV - WBOY.com (http://wboy.com/story.cfm?func=viewstory&storyid=95914 - broken link)

Lake Zurich teacher accused of sexually abusing student - DailyHerald.com

Naperville teacher

Vernal teacher charged with sex abuse of student | Deseret News

Music teacher charged with sexual abuse: Crime | Alaska news at adn.com
Why did you leave out the links to black teachers that sexual abuse the students?

I don't have time to look but I could probably find at least 10 cases here in the Houston area alone...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies