Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2011, 04:43 PM

8,806 posts, read 6,110,985 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlerain View Post
I don't care what it is called, gay marriage, civil partnership, same-sex marriage...I don't care...but it is coming, and you will have no say in the matter.

I don't care what you think should be allowed, or not allowed, your views on the subject are tyrannical.
What you said has no bearing on anything in this discussion. The OP asked why conservatives have believe homosexuality is a political thing, and then he went on to go into the typical gay C-D rant of how conservatives hate gays. Whether my opinion matters here or not is not your call...the OP asked a question and I responded. I disagree with gay marriage and that does not mean I hate gays, and no, conservatives are NOT the ones who politicized the entire issue, that was the gays themselves. Whether you agree with me or not, it doesn't change my opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2011, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMcQ LV View Post
Okay, you know I don't usually bother with your posts, but I really have to ask this - can you give a valid reason for why you wish to deny marriage to same sex couples? A valid reason would explain what harm allowing it would cause to the state or to individual people and would have nothing to do with anyone's religious beliefs. I only ask because, in more than a decade in this kind of discussion, no one has yet given a reasonable, valid reason.
You and I have been over this too many times to count and you already know my views.

Old 04-24-2011, 04:53 PM

4,877 posts, read 4,507,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calibro1 View Post
Tell that to the families that lost teens because they were picked on for being gay. I bet the Clementi family (among many other families) would love to hear your expert opinion.
I show you scientific proof linking anti-depressants and other psychotic drugs to suicide and this is your response?

What makes you have an expert opinion on why these kids commit suicide?

If you were really concerned about all this you would realize the problem is giving kids these drugs.

It seems as if you would rather just troll than have an actual conversation. Yawn.

Old 04-24-2011, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
She has a very simple reason. She's a Christian theocrat who wants her conservative, religious values forced on the rest of us as the Laws of the United States.

She feels that people who do not share her values and way of living are inferior people who should be repressed and subjugated through the denial of equal civil rights.
You're blowing it way out of proportion, in typical gay/liberal fashion. You can believe what you want about both the subject and me.

As usual, I am getting flamed for stating that I have no hatred for gays and really don't care a whole lot about what they do in the bedroom. TYPICAL. Why would I expect anything less from one of these threads? I have never once said I have a problem with gay people, I have never once shown hatred for one, I have never said I think they should die or anything horrible like that, so why is it that you all insist on calling me names and putting words in my mouth? Y'all are spin doctors, that's for sure, and the sad thing is that you all jump on the bandwagon together and spew this crap toward conservatives like me. Does that really make for positive steps toward good relations between the gay and hetero communities?

And with that...bye bye. Maybe the mods will do their jobs and shut it down when it starts getting out of hand like this, or at least delete the posts that flame people for no good reason at all. I'm so sick of these discussions turning into this, it's completely pointless to even try to reason with liberals and/or gays b/c the hyperbole never ends. I try to give you the benefit of the doubt and try to have a civil discussion but it always turns into this, so I'm done. I will post my say and not respond when people address me in these threads anymore.

Oh, and I will never apologize for being Christian and following God's word in everything I do, so you can knock off making fun of me for being a Christian since you're just wasting your breath.

Old 04-24-2011, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
You honestly don't see the connection between depression and being abused at school? People who are verbally and physically abused tend to get depressed. We're talking about homosexual teenagers, not all suicides. It's a well established fact that they kill themselves more frequently because other kids learn from adults (like you - that's where the blood is on your hands) that it's okay to treat homosexuality as deviant and homosexuals as second-class citizens.

You can't wash that blood off until you repent for your sin. I've included you in my prayers. Let's hope it's not too late.
Yawn.

I never said it was okay to treat homsexuals any differently than anyone else. I said we shouldn't be teaching about sex in school. Homo or hetereo.

It's a well established fact that 80% of suicides all committed by people on anti-depressents or other psychotic drugs.

Maybe society should tell these legalized drug pushers we call psychiatrists to leave these kids alone.

The problem with discussing anything with people on the left is you all can't think. You would rather just throw childish crap at someone that doesn't agree with your politics.

How mature. And predictable.

P.S. I said I thought it was more likely that a gay kid would be on these drugs than another kid. That would be because they are sometimes picked on at school. Sorry if I didn't spell it out for you.

Old 04-24-2011, 05:03 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,101,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
You're blowing it way out of proportion, in typical gay/liberal fashion. You can believe what you want about both the subject and me.

As usual, I am getting flamed for stating that I have no hatred for gays and really don't care a whole lot about what they do in the bedroom. TYPICAL. Why would I expect anything less from one of these threads? I have never once said I have a problem with gay people, I have never once shown hatred for one, I have never said I think they should die or anything horrible like that, so why is it that you all insist on calling me names and putting words in my mouth? Y'all are spin doctors, that's for sure, and the sad thing is that you all jump on the bandwagon together and spew this crap toward conservatives like me. Does that really make for positive steps toward good relations between the gay and hetero communities?

And with that...bye bye. Maybe the mods will do their jobs and shut it down when it starts getting out of hand like this, or at least delete the posts that flame people for no good reason at all. I'm so sick of these discussions turning into this, it's completely pointless to even try to reason with liberals and/or gays b/c the hyperbole never ends. I try to give you the benefit of the doubt and try to have a civil discussion but it always turns into this, so I'm done. I will post my say and not respond when people address me in these threads anymore.

Oh, and I will never apologize for being Christian and following God's word in everything I do, so you can knock off making fun of me for being a Christian since you're just wasting your breath.
We get it. You believe that forcing God's word - your conservative, religious values - on the rest of us as the Laws of the United States is a good and loving thing.

However, those of us who are repressed, subjugated, and denied equal civil rights by your actions find it to be harming and hateful.

Old 04-24-2011, 05:03 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,207,740 times
Quote:
Great attitude!!

If only those people--gay, whatever--who feel themselves to be "victims" of something--anything--could put on that kind of armor. I can fully understand how taunting can damage a child emotionally but there comes a time in life when it's just time to put all that crap behind you, stop blaming others and get on with living a life as full and as rewarding as it can be.

Old 04-24-2011, 05:04 PM

Quote:

It's really quite amazing at how militant these people have become.

I don't think we should teach sex ed in schools. Therefore, I have blood on my hands. It's my fault that teens pick on gay teens and some of them kill themselves. All teen suicide is my fault because I don't support sex ed in school. LOLs. Funny thing is, I don't even know any teenagers.

Old 04-24-2011, 05:10 PM

3,522 posts, read 6,103,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
Read up on the history of the gay movement. It wasn't conservatives who turned the "gay rights" issue into a political free-for-all. Conservatives were reacting to the actions of the gays and their supporters as they began demanding special protections for gays.
Appreciate the info but I am not even going to waste time on that issue.
For starters. this is a political hot button with the vast majority of conservatives.

It is a futile point because clearly the conservatives are standing in cement on this issue.

Old 04-24-2011, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
It's a well established fact that they kill themselves more frequently because other kids learn from adults (like you - that's where the blood is on your hands) that it's okay to treat homosexuality as deviant and homosexuals as second-class citizens.

You can't wash that blood off until you repent for your sin. I've included you in my prayers. Let's hope it's not too late.
I just left the city park near my residence a couple hours ago. As I was driving away I saw my high school track coach.

Not only is she lesbian, she is black.

I hadn't seen her in 20 years or so so I stopped and talked to her for awhile. We had a nice conversation. Her sexual preferences and/or race never even came up. And we didn't just converse. I mean, I spoke to her in public and everthing where anyone could have seen me.

I never ever once even thought about punching her or anything. I really didn't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies