Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think Obama should address Black perpetrated violence?
Yes 33 64.71%
No 18 35.29%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 03:16 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,442,384 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayabone View Post
Read every post in this thread, for example, and then tell me obama hasn't set race relations back 100 years...!
Yes he has accomplished in pitting blacks against whites and the have nots against the haves for his own agenda which is to stay in power and control the vote.
It is really sad that one who ran his campaign on eliminating division has been the biggest divider of them all!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2011, 03:20 PM

1,943 posts, read 3,337,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
Well you my friend are crossing the personal attack line and need to back off!

As a rule Hispanics and blacks feud look it up there are many instances of this violence!

Literal much!
Quote:
Well you my friend are crossing the personal attack line and need to back off!
DEAL WITH IT!

What you need to be doing is stop generalizing or is that to hard?

Old 04-25-2011, 03:28 PM

4,112 posts, read 4,473,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
My family was not well to do. My dad came on a student visa. As I posted earlier the crime rate in Ghana is considerably less than that of America's. I know it is hard for many Americans, especially black Americans to believe but Africa is not a giant cesspool. There are cultures that take pride in having dignity and social order. Ghana is one of those places despite the wretched poverty that pervades there.

You say a small segment, define small because a population that only makes up 12% of the population but is responsible for the majority of homicides does not sound small.

I guess being solely an American is not an option.
Getting a student visa seems well to do considering the others that didnt get it. Ghana's crime is still bad. Trust me I know all of Africa isn't a cesspool, but I, unlike you, don't generalize and stereotype. Still someone who is born in America, regardless of where their parents were born, shouldn't be using the whole "You people" argument. Sheesh. Edward, we are all American here and we all have our own point of views. That's the great thing about it. However, historically black people were reminded on a daily basis that they were Black americans not just Americans. And yes, a small segment. Homicides are at historical all time lows with relation to the population. Yes, about half of all homicides are committed by black people, but that is still a minute portion of the population of black people in the country. There's about 40 million black people in this country. So yes, I would say its a very small segment of the black population. Like you said numbers don't lie. And you also said that poverty doesn't have anything to do with it? Come on man. Also, as you claim to be black I do realize that you are a troll on this board. I've seen the same method used on [domain blocked due to spam] all the time.

Old 04-25-2011, 03:28 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,299,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayabone View Post
Read every post in this thread, for example, and then tell me obama hasn't set race relations back 100 years...!
No, what is has exposed is that many White Americans resent the fact an African-American is in the White House.

Racism is all about power and economics. Many White Americans are simply not ready to accept a non-White person as President of the United States.

What you are in essence saying is White Americans were fine with race relations the way their were before Preisdent Obama was elected because they perceived no theat to thier economic, political and social power in this country.

All President Obama did was brought out resentments and divisions that ALREADY EXISTED BUT DIDN'T GET DISCUSSED.

Old 04-25-2011, 03:29 PM

3,860 posts, read 8,450,741 times
Quote:
Yes he has accomplished in pitting blacks against whites and the have nots against the haves for his own agenda which is to stay in power and control the vote.
It is really sad that one who ran his campaign on eliminating division has been the biggest divider of them all!

I don't know what alternative universe you live in, but we were not all singing kumbayaa before Obama was elected.

Class and racial strife was here before he was elected and will be here long after he leaves.

Old 04-25-2011, 03:29 PM

1,943 posts, read 3,337,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btsilver View Post
Getting a student visa seems well to do considering the others that didnt get it. Ghana's crime is still bad. Trust me I know all of Africa isn't a cesspool, but I, unlike you, don't generalize and stereotype. Still someone who is born in America, regardless of where their parents were born, shouldn't be using the whole "You people" argument. Sheesh. Edward, we are all American here and we all have our own point of views. That's the great thing about it. However, historically black people were reminded on a daily basis that they were Black americans not just Americans. And yes, a small segment. Homicides are at historical all time lows with relation to the population. Yes, about half of all homicides are committed by black people, but that is still a minute portion of the population of black people in the country. There's about 40 million black people in this country. So yes, I would say its a very small segment of the black population. Like you said numbers don't lie. And you also said that poverty doesn't have anything to do with it? Come on man. Also, as you claim to be black I do realize that you are a troll on this board. I've seen the same method used on [domain blocked due to spam] all the time.
+

Old 04-25-2011, 03:33 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,525,235 times
Quote:

Q: Name one thing that President Obama has done to divide the nation racially.

A: (silence)

Old 04-25-2011, 03:52 PM

4,112 posts, read 4,473,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
No, what is has exposed is that many White Americans resent the fact an African-American is in the White House.

Racism is all about power and economics. Many White Americans are simply not ready to accept a non-White person as President of the United States.

What you are in essence saying is White Americans were fine with race relations the way their were before Preisdent Obama was elected because they perceived no theat to thier economic, political and social power in this country.

All President Obama did was brought out resentments and divisions that ALREADY EXISTED BUT DIDN'T GET DISCUSSED.
That is truth.

Old 04-25-2011, 06:44 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,640,849 times
Quote:
Census 2000 (Population)

"Some other race.
Includes all other responses not included in the 'White', 'Black or African American', 'American Indian and Alaska Native', 'Asian' and 'Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander' race categories described above.
Respondents providing write-in entries such as multiracial, mixed, interracial, We-Sort, or a Hispanic/Latino group (for example, Mexican, Puerto Rican, or Cuban) in the "Some other race" category are included here."[10]

2010 Census

The 2010 US Census includes changes designed to more clearly distinguish Hispanic ethnicity as not being a race. That includes adding the sentence: "For this census, Hispanic origins are not races."[13][14] Additionally, the Hispanic terms are modified from "Hispanic or Latino" to "Hispanic, Latino or Spanish origin".[13][14]

Race and ethnicity in the United States Census - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This means absolutely nothing in the context of my post.

Old 04-25-2011, 06:48 PM

415 posts, read 449,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post

Whites? Really... I know 2 Asians who didn't vote for him because "he is black". And the list goes on and on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies