Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2011, 09:35 AM

8,276 posts, read 12,859,732 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogdad View Post

Would not need the bill if the "GAY MAFIA" was not trying to shove aberrant sexual behavior down the throats of America's youth.
Are you really that prehistoric in your beliefs?

one can't teach someone to be gay, they either are or aren't Do you think you can be taught it? of course not it isn't your direction.

Now imagine a child that gets told he is to use your words "aberrant" do you think he may feel a little isolated? a little alone? It happens all the time and too many chilkdren are otping for suicide because they have no understanding of what they are feeling. It isn't like gay families raise gay children and impart knowledge to them. In fact they come from straight families and have no one to turn to in most cases.

Educating children may prevent a suicide isn't it worth it? Teach kids how to be secure in who they are gay or straight and they will make for better people, ones with tolerance. To offer tolerance to others in no way diminishes the person, nor does it make someone gay.

Try tolerance it is far more attractive than your abhorrent attitudes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2011, 10:04 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,701,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
Are you really that prehistoric in your beliefs?

one can't teach someone to be gay, they either are or aren't Do you think you can be taught it? of course not it isn't your direction.

Now imagine a child that gets told he is to use your words "aberrant" do you think he may feel a little isolated? a little alone? It happens all the time and too many chilkdren are otping for suicide because they have no understanding of what they are feeling. It isn't like gay families raise gay children and impart knowledge to them. In fact they come from straight families and have no one to turn to in most cases.

Educating children may prevent a suicide isn't it worth it? Teach kids how to be secure in who they are gay or straight and they will make for better people, ones with tolerance. To offer tolerance to others in no way diminishes the person, nor does it make someone gay.

Try tolerance it is far more attractive than your abhorrent attitudes.
Try some tolerance for those who think homosexual behavior is a perversion of nature. I'm an naturalist. Try that for a paradigm shift in your thinking.

I believe in teaching children about evolved sexual reproduction which promotes the continued survival of the human species. Not distortions of the intended course of human sexual behavior. Homosexuality is a distortion of the course of human sexual behavior. Thus it is a scientific perversion and abhorrent to the laws of mammalian social reproduction. Or don't you believe in science?

In my view homosexuality is nothing more than masturbation with another mammal of the same sex. It has no societal or cultural redeeming value other than the release of sexual tension.

Old 04-25-2011, 10:08 AM

13,285 posts, read 15,304,138 times
Quote:
In my view homosexuality is nothing more than masturbation with another mammal of the same sex. It has no societal or cultural redeeming value other that the release of sexual tension.
I would say that the vast majority of heterosexual acts fall into this category as well.

People enjoy getting off. Who cares how they choose to do so?

Old 04-25-2011, 10:10 AM

88,580 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creekcat View Post
Helllooo, it's the year 2011. Where have you been? Christmas carols, excuse me, I meant Winter Holiday songs, with religious overtones, have been banned.
Nice try at perpetuating urban legends, but where I've been was raising a daughter who graduated from public high school in 2009. She was in the chorus and the band. Both directors were Jewish. They played and sang traditional Christmas songs in both, along with secular music and songs from other religious traditions.

Old 04-25-2011, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
I would say that the vast majority of heterosexual acts fall into this category as well.

People enjoy getting off. Who cares how they choose to do so?
Your absolutely correct. The human sexual act is distorted and perverted every second of every day. Doesn't mean I have to approve of the perversion being taught to children in K-12.

Old 04-25-2011, 10:26 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,228,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sman View Post
The purpose of the bill is to refrain from talking about homosexuality to school children before they're in the 9th grade. There's nothing wrong with this bill.
As long as they also abstain from talking about heterosexuality as well. Of course any pregnant teachers would need to be fired as their "baby bumps" would be an advertisment of their bedreoom behavior/sexual practices.

Old 04-25-2011, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
As long as they also abstain from talking about heterosexuality as well. Of course any pregnant teachers would need to be fired as their "baby bumps" would be an advertisment of their bedreoom behavior/sexual practices.
Sorry Epic Fail for your point.

Heterosexuality in the the form of human procreation is a positive societal behavior that supports the continuation of the human species. Homosexuality is nothing more than a potential genetic mutation to be tolerated like an extra toe or finger.

Old 04-25-2011, 10:42 AM

13,285 posts, read 15,304,138 times
Quote:
Your absolutely correct. The human sexual act is distorted and perverted every second of every day. Doesn't mean I have to approve of the perversion being taught to children in K-12.
Not sure what 'camp' that you fall in but humans are able to have (and enjoy) sex outside of times that the female is fertile. This is through evolution, though perhaps you believe it is through God's design or some other such ludicrousy, so it seems to reason that there is some benefit of the human sexual act besides reproduction.

Old 04-25-2011, 10:49 AM

4,410 posts, read 6,138,513 times
To those on the right:

You don't want anything related to homosexuality to be mentioned in schools. What you really are saying is that you are afraid your children might become something you can't accept. You don't want them getting "any ideas" perhaps because you think an idea could so dramatically alter a person's sexuality. Like all parents, you want to protect your children from harm. But the harm doesn't come from being gay, it comes from you and your friends and your culture that makes gay people second class citizens and forces harm on innocent people. The problem isn't gay people or any conveniently fabricated agenda they supposedly have, it's your attitude towards them and your profound and continued ignorance of the subject.

To those on the left:

Your intentions are good but the methods need improvement. It is not going to be possible to educate children about touchy subjects when a) most parents are derelict in their duty to provide proper guidance, and b) parents defend such dereliction as a form of protection. In other words, you can't force parents to teach their kids something the parents haven't yet learned themselves. While disheartening, we can't raise a new generation of adults to be tolerant and knowledgeable in as short a time as would be ideal. I personally oppose these strategies that are one-size-fits-all because they never work.

As a 60/40 liberal/conservative gay male, I believe the only time you raise the subject of homosexuality with children is when they first ask about it, just as you only raise the subject of sexuality when they first ask about it. They're not going to learn it faster or better if the subject comes at them at the wrong time. That "time" will vary with each child. I recall sex ed in the 6th grade and it shocked me terribly to confront the images on the television. For me, it was an assault. The best approach for parents is to drop their bigotry and judgment and let the child know that homosexuality does occur and that each person is different. Not bad, not wrong, not evil, just different.

The whole issue seems to be predicated on the notion that being gay is a choice or that it's catchy or something. Parents still see it as wrong behavior that one consciously chooses, a ridiculous and disproven belief that needs to be laid to rest. If we are to make any progress at all, this is the area we should focus on. Everything else, like this stupid and unconstitutional piece of legislation, is just emotionally charged garbage that should be avoided.

Old 04-25-2011, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
Not sure what 'camp' that you fall in but humans are able to have (and enjoy) sex outside of times that the female is fertile. This is through evolution, though perhaps you believe it is through God's design or some other such ludicrousy, so it seems to reason that there is some benefit of the human sexual act besides reproduction.
Absolutely. Its called masturbation. Why did you interject the subject of a mythological figure? I was speaking strictly from a scientific view point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies