Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2011, 09:16 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,345,447 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by samusaran253 View Post
I support the unbanning of marijuana. But the more I see the kind of people who smoke marijuana, the less I support it being unbanned. Currently most (if not all) people who smoke marijuana are undesirables and degenerates of society.
I understand what your saying, I'm not against legalizing weed but my friends and family who smoke it are definatly not ever going to amount to much, it does affect people differantly but for the most part I know nobody who is really motivated by smoking weed.
My sister started smoking weed again after she retired we always have had a good relationship but now she seems dumber than a rock and i don't enjoy talking to her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2011, 01:37 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,851,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
I understand what your saying, I'm not against legalizing weed but my friends and family who smoke it are definatly not ever going to amount to much, it does affect people differantly but for the most part I know nobody who is really motivated by smoking weed.
My sister started smoking weed again after she retired we always have had a good relationship but now she seems dumber than a rock and i don't enjoy talking to her.
My friends that smoke are successful. I'm sure there are people who smoke who are not. I just don't hang around them. You can pick friends, you can't pick family.

Old 06-19-2011, 02:11 PM

37,121 posts, read 42,189,292 times
Quote:
Do you feel the same way about people who drink alcohol? Not alcoholics (not drug addicts) but regular old wine with dinner, beer after work folks. You should. Don't compare apples to orangesn then vilify the oranges.

Old 06-19-2011, 02:12 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,377,473 times
Quote:
I graduated college with a 4.0 GPA and was stoned daily.

Is that motivation enough for you?

Old 06-19-2011, 02:15 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,120,143 times
Quote:
I support the unbanning of marijuana. But the more I see the kind of people who smoke marijuana, the less I support it being unbanned. Currently most (if not all) people who smoke marijuana are undesirables and degenerates of society.
My goodness you have a narrow view. There are many, many people out there who smoke pot who are perfectly normal, contributing members of society.

Personally, I do not approve of smoking pot because it is illegal, and I believe that laws should be followed. However, any legislation to legalize would have my support.

20yrsinBranson

Old 06-19-2011, 02:19 PM

For those who say "the people I see who use", you don't know who uses most of the time.

33% of the population uses marijuana at least monthly. So take two other people, and yourself. Odds are, one of you regularly uses marijuana.

There are many successful people who use marijuana daily, they just don't advertise because its illegal.

Old 06-19-2011, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
I graduated college with a 4.0 GPA and was stoned daily.

Is that motivation enough for you?
I have a friend who did the same he works at a pizza place.

Old 06-19-2011, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Do you feel the same way about people who drink alcohol? Not alcoholics (not drug addicts) but regular old wine with dinner, beer after work folks. You should. Don't compare apples to orangesn then vilify the oranges.
This isn't about alcohol.

Old 06-20-2011, 01:37 AM

Quote:
I have a friend who did the same he works at a pizza place.
I work at no pizza place. Highly technical multiple technological expertise.

Old 06-20-2011, 09:27 AM

15,059 posts, read 8,622,286 times
Quote:

Like Mr. Bill (I didn't inhale) Clinton ... or Mr. Barrak (I did inhale) Obama?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies