Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2011, 01:13 AM

126 posts, read 102,176 times

Advertisements

I support the unbanning of marijuana. But the more I see the kind of people who smoke marijuana, the less I support it being unbanned. Currently most (if not all) people who smoke marijuana are undesirables and degenerates of society.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2011, 01:18 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,289,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samusaran253 View Post
I support the unbanning of marijuana. But the more I see the kind of people who smoke marijuana, the less I support it being unbanned. Currently most (if not all) people who smoke marijuana are undesirables and degenerates of society.
Big government, yeah! A nanny state to tell you what to smoke, what to eat, and what to watch.

Old 04-23-2011, 01:22 AM

15,080 posts, read 20,472,256 times
Quote:
Determining whether a drug should be legalized should not be based on the 'kind' of people who use it.

[whether you like them or not is irrelevant]

Old 04-23-2011, 06:18 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
Quote:

Would someone who graduated from a prestigious engineering school with a 3.9 GPA be considered an undesireable and degenerate of society? Or would that only be the case if you knew he smoked pot 3-7 times a week for all four school years? Ever considered posting something supportable by fact?

Old 04-23-2011, 06:33 AM

5,756 posts, read 3,997,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Would someone who graduated from a prestigious engineering school with a 3.9 GPA be considered an undesireable and degenerate of society? Or would that only be the case if you knew he smoked pot 3-7 times a week for all four school years? Ever considered posting something supportable by fact?
I agree...

Old 04-23-2011, 06:46 AM

3,219 posts, read 7,081,691 times
Quote:
Can you explain? Do you have any sort of statistics to back up this assertation, or is this purely based on your sole observations of a limited segment of the population? Quite a varied number of people use marijuana.

Old 04-23-2011, 08:46 AM

923 posts, read 1,429,800 times
Quote:
Currently most (if not all) people who smoke marijuana are undesirables and degenerates of society.
You are truly clueless

The 10 Most Successful Potheads on the Planet… Cool Enough to Admit It : COED Magazine

YouTube - A Brief List of People Who Have Smoked Marijuana

Old 04-23-2011, 08:57 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,054,732 times
Plenty of 'normal people' have or do smoke marijuana, yet I find it ironic that society seems it a 'deviant activity' only stoners partake in. Talk about the hypocrisy. Making it illegal hasn't really stopped those who want to smoke it smoke it has it?

Old 04-23-2011, 09:01 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Plenty of 'normal people' have or do smoke marijuana, yet I find it ironic that society seems it a 'deviant activity' only stoners partake in. Talk about the hypocrisy. Making it illegal hasn't really stopped those who want to smoke it smoke it has it?
If the marijuana lobby was as $$$-strong as the alcohol, tobacco, and Big Pharma lobbies it'd be legalized in a heartbeat.

Old 04-23-2011, 09:05 AM

27,142 posts, read 15,313,785 times
Quote:

I don't think you've seen a full cross section of the ones that do smoke it.

For example, many pot smokers would never start a sentence with "but".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies