Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: ?
Obamacare 23 37.10%
Libya's war 3 4.84%
Guantanamo still open 7 11.29%
Auto bailout 1 1.61%
Wall Street bailout 4 6.45%
EPA Regulations 1 1.61%
Labor attacks against Boeing 4 6.45%
Israel criticized 1 1.61%
To give money to Brazil to develop their oil, but not our oil 3 4.84%
Other 15 24.19%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2011, 06:17 AM

2,793 posts, read 6,125,245 times

Advertisements

He's batting a big fat zero so far. The economy has gotten worse, medical costs, living expenses and gas prices are skyrocketing, the housing economy has hit the bottom, we are in a 3rd war and still in the first 2....

My guess is he is going to tout how much he spent on education and the middle class and how he saved us from the brink. What ajoke.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2011, 06:33 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,134,648 times
He'll say:

1) The economy has gotten better under his watch. Of course he'll use emperical data to prove his case instead of the reality of suffering that millions of American's are actually facing.

2) That he achieved what no other President before him could achieve with Obamacare. Of course he'll not speak of the hidden regulations, backroom trickery, and outright lies that were used to sell it to the populace.

3) That he brought home the troops from Iraq. Of course he'll not speak of the Status of Forces Agreement that was signed by George W. Bush and was put into action long before Obama was President.

4) That the Stimulus was the reason we have not descended into a Depression. Of course he won't mention the 8% unemployment rate we were promised nor will he speak of the ongoing financial tomfoolery perpetrated by the FED to keep the nation afloat.

The list goes on and on. One tidbit of hope is that the incessant corruption and double-handedness contrived by this Administration has forced America to be more astute to the goings on of this President. For that reason, he will undoubtedly be called out for the LIES we know he will spew leading up to the election.

Old 04-23-2011, 06:35 AM

5,419 posts, read 9,200,258 times
Being the only single-term president in 20 years.

Old 04-23-2011, 06:44 AM

4,877 posts, read 4,509,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zz4guy View Post
He's batting a big fat zero so far. The economy has gotten worse, medical costs, living expenses and gas prices are skyrocketing, the housing economy has hit the bottom, we are in a 3rd war and still in the first 2....

My guess is he is going to tout how much he spent on education and the middle class and how he saved us from the brink. What ajoke.
He made enegy prices skyrocket as he promised he would.

He is forcing everyone to buy products from private insurance companies after telling us how much they want to kill us.

He made peace between Professor Gates and the "racist" police.

He raised the cost of used cars and helped the unions with Cash for Clunkers.

He made credit card regulations tougher which led to layoffs at cc companies and made it more difficult for a poor person to get a quick short-term loan.

He has printed so much money that food, clothing and gasoline prices have gone way up. This way he can blame capitalists for being greedy and secure votes by promising to fix a problem he created.

He's done lots of things he can campaign on.

Last edited by OhioIstheBest; 04-23-2011 at 06:54 AM..

Old 04-23-2011, 07:01 AM

9,324 posts, read 16,671,115 times
He can claim "CHANGE."

Old 04-23-2011, 07:27 AM

1,324 posts, read 1,198,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioIstheBest View Post
He made enegy prices skyrocket as he promised he would.

He is forcing everyone to buy products from private insurance companies after telling us how much they want to kill us.

He made peace between Professor Gates and the "racist" police.

He raised the cost of used cars and helped the unions with Cash for Clunkers.

He made credit card regulations tougher which led to layoffs at cc companies and made it more difficult for a poor person to get a quick short-term loan.

He has printed so much money that food, clothing and gasoline prices have gone way up. This way he can blame capitalists for being greedy and secure votes by promising to fix a problem he created.

He's done lots of things he can campaign on.
Hey Its not that bad .

I bought a foreclosure , a 2005 for 36,000 . I was 140,000 before Obama was president .

The dollar value is at its lowest in my lifetime but...
I bought silver in October , I doubled my money , made thousands .

My business improved because retired people had to go back to work for
fear they would have no social security or medicare .

My mother bought a foreclosure 16 houses away from mine and they are both rented out.

Old 04-23-2011, 07:41 AM

9,598 posts, read 16,571,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zz4guy View Post

His biggest accomplishment is neutralizing the right. All conservatives have to offer is rude behavior while offering no real solutions of their own.

Old 04-23-2011, 07:51 AM

4,866 posts, read 5,680,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westwaswon View Post
Hey Its not that bad .

I bought a foreclosure , a 2005 for 36,000 . I was 140,000 before Obama was president .
Now do you even wonder why the house was foreclosured?

Could it be because maybe, just maybe someone lost their job due to the crappy economy?!

Old 04-23-2011, 07:52 AM

5,419 posts, read 9,200,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
His biggest accomplishment is neutralizing the right. All conservatives have to offer is rude behavior while offering no real solutions of their own.
How is your post any less rude?

Old 04-23-2011, 09:02 AM

27,156 posts, read 15,330,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post

I thought his policies, programs, and actions acerbating our problems fairly rude myself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies