Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2007, 10:03 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,057,790 times

Advertisements

Shut it down, or make it equal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2007, 10:11 PM
JD.

199 posts, read 487,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
Muslims have no intention of turning the US into Saudi Arabia. That's ridiculous. Please don't conveniently forget the bloody history of Christianity as it was spread to the unwilling and innocent. I don't recall Christianity supporting women suffrage in the early part of last century and I don't recall Christianity ever at the forefront of women's issues. You still can't be a woman priest/preacher/whatever in many denominations.
Every time someone on these forums dares to bring up the genital mutilations, beatings, acid sprayings, suicide bombings, etc. of women in the Muslim world, it constantly is turned around saying how Christians are blood thirsty killers. Am I missing something or are you grasping at straws?

No, I won't forget the recent history of Christians going overseas on missionary trips to provide food to starving African's or helping with aid during the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina. When was the last time you saw Hezbollah raising funds to help out the crisis in Darfur. You haven't.

You are comparing two things that are absolutely polar opposites. I see NOWHERE in the Bible laws or 'codes' permitting the beating of wives or other atrocious acts towards humanity.

Actually most denominations allow female pastors/preachers. When was the last time you stepped in a church?

Old 07-31-2007, 10:27 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,057,790 times
Shut it down. I don't care who they worship or how they say it. My kids can't do it, so shut it down. I don't care who you believe in, shut it down. pi$$ on this let them do it and we can't.

Old 07-31-2007, 10:39 PM

1,174 posts, read 5,902,704 times
More bad policies by local government agencies that have no sense to allow attorney review before enacting them and therefore causing the unwitting taxpayers of these districts mountains of legal fees to defend what has already been found unconstitutional.

Old 08-01-2007, 12:11 AM

1,156 posts, read 2,089,038 times
Muslims and Islam in the U.S. will not work at all, as America is a country of mainly Christians and Jews, and brings a serious conflict in religion/politics. England is seeing what their generosity has given them in bombings. All or most Muslims should be sent out of the U.S., there are plenty of Muslim countries. We need our borders sealed shut.

Old 08-01-2007, 12:14 AM

1,156 posts, read 2,089,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
Muslims have no intention of turning the US into Saudi Arabia. That's ridiculous. Please don't conveniently forget the bloody history of Christianity as it was spread to the unwilling and innocent. I don't recall Christianity supporting women suffrage in the early part of last century and I don't recall Christianity ever at the forefront of women's issues. You still can't be a woman priest/preacher/whatever in many denominations.
It was Christianity that gave women voting rights and other rights, and that finally helped eliminate barbaric paganism to a gentile chivalrous society of Christianity. Even the Red Cross and much missionary work was out of Christianity.

Old 08-01-2007, 12:38 AM

1,499 posts, read 4,831,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by just kate View Post
In several schools across the country, Muslims are being allowed prayer time. Rooms are set aside for this purpose and students are sometimes excused from class to attend prayers.
Keep in mind that this is, so far, only for Muslims.
Meanwhile, Christian prayer has been abolished from schools and school sponsored events across the country.
One more example of political correctness run amok.

Public schools grapple with Muslim prayer | csmonitor.com
CitizenLink: San Diego School Schedules Muslim Prayer Break
NPR : Georgia School Divided over Muslim Prayer
This country is going down the drain because we have terrorist-sponsoring groups like CAIR (Council of American-Islamic Relations) threatening to sue anyone who speaks up against this kind of stuff. We have liberal NYC mayor Bloomberg, who is a blooming idiot setting up a Madrassa (an Islamic school) so we can start homegrowing terrorists in our backyards and being taught Islamic ways.

The people in NYC of all races and countries are uniting to stop NYC using PUBLIC FUNDS to open a Madrassa in NYC!! Stop The Madrassa: Protecting Our Public Schools from Islamist Curricula

NOW... if I were to as much bring a Bible to a school, I would be suspended on the stop. If I were to ask for a room to pray a Christian prayer or make a Jewish prayer, I would be at least put in detention. So why do Islamic people have special treatment???? Where is the "Separation of church and state" crowd now?? Where is the ACLU???

We only cater to Islamists because of groups like CAIR and the ACLU. This culture of Liberalism and PC is destroying the USA and most of the Western World.

Pisses me and half of the country off. Again, America is being run by the minorities who use intimidation and lawsuits to force Sharia Law upon us all. In Sweeding, the Interior minister has just asked the public to be "nice to Islamists" because once they are the majority, they will treat the Sweedish people nicely.

PC is now destroying countries.

Old 08-01-2007, 01:16 AM

25,464 posts, read 13,573,872 times
Does not the phrase 'Separation of Church and State' actually mean that the State shall not control how one worships? During the founding of this country was one of the major issues concerning the King of England demanding that the citizens worship at the Church of England?
Since the ACLU has seen fit to assist in the elimination of prayer in schools as we had known it, why do they, the ACLU, turn a deaf ear to the practice by Muslims desiring to pray in our public schools? What is the difference?

Perhaps the Muslim law demands that they pray a certain number of times a day and in a certain direction. Then perhaps the Muslim communities should build their own schools and then be 'free' to worship as they please. Did not the Catholic and Lutheran religions do this as well as some other denominations?

During my early education we celebrated Christian holidays and all students were given the day(s) off. There were never any complaints. Why are we so uptight about Christian and Jewish traditions while minorities (for the time being) are allowed their celebrations and prayer times? I do not understand this.

Old 08-01-2007, 06:59 AM

5,110 posts, read 7,139,842 times
Quote:
Since the ACLU has seen fit to assist in the elimination of prayer in schools as we had known it, why do they, the ACLU, turn a deaf ear to the practice by Muslims desiring to pray in our public schools? What is the difference?
The difference is the school leading and or sponsoring a prayer/religion, and respecting a request of students/family to be excused to pray as part of their faith that has set prayer times, that happen to be during the day.

In the case of excusing the students (in this case Muslims) to pray, they (the school) are not leading this, they are not endorsing the religion.

If another faith, Christian or otherwise were rejected for a similar and valid request, then there is a basis for this contrived reaction.

Old 08-01-2007, 07:16 AM

932 posts, read 1,677,412 times
I also say that if we all can not pray then no one should be allowed to pray. Hello, didn't we learn what is fair and unfair in Pre-K? My teacher's always told us about candy that we brought to class, DO NOT bring candy for yourself, if you do not have enough to share with everyone else.

And what really happened to ONE nation under GOD? IMO, we are more divided now than ever before. Why? Because of issues like this. I was born here in America, and I was taught in history class that this place is somewhere for all people to come and be one. Yet we have other cultures trying to turn this country upside down. Why do I have to speak spanish here in the US? When I went to Cancun, I had to speak spanish, not English. Why can't I read the bible if other kids can go and read the Quran? My birth certificate says that I was born in Washington D.C. not Mexico or Pakistan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies