Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2011, 05:55 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,742,791 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Go ahead, let Europe lead the world into the new dark ages but shutting down her electricity.
Stop implying people like myself want to return to caves and stuff like that just because we challenge our current ways. That tactic is getting old and it has never worked
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2011, 06:23 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,367,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtimer2 View Post
Conservative only applies to their money and work... as in not spending any, and not doing any.
I spend plenty, nearly 1K per month. I put it all on a credit card and pay the balance before incurring interest. As for not doing any, I've been with the same company 30 years. The previous job I held for 10 years. I save 20% of my income every week. My 'bankroll' is up to nearly 7 figures and I earned every dime of it. I dictate where and when I spend it, not liberals.

Quote:
They are conserving their energy and resources for the more important things in life... Sailing, Skiing, The CountryClub, Parties, Dinners, Vacations, Travel, ect.
Conserving resources for more important things in life? I took one vacation to another location (three states away in 1974). I've never done any of those other things you describe.

Quote:
Their only understanding of Conservation is as applied to their bank accounts and certainly, not the planet.
I conserve every day. Much is mandated. I do my share. You have no idea what others do.

Your analogy is false, misleading and rather broad brushed.

Yes, I'm conservative and proud of it. Your shortsighted views are of no consequence to me.

Old 04-23-2011, 07:00 PM

1,233 posts, read 1,218,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post
I spend plenty, nearly 1K per month. I put it all on a credit card and pay the balance before incurring interest. As for not doing any, I've been with the same company 30 years. The previous job I held for 10 years. I save 20% of my income every week. My 'bankroll' is up to nearly 7 figures and I earned every dime of it. I dictate where and when I spend it, not liberals.

Conserving resources for more important things in life? I took one vacation to another location (three states away in 1974). I've never done any of those other things you describe.

I conserve every day. Much is mandated. I do my share. You have no idea what others do.

Your analogy is false, misleading and rather broad brushed.

Yes, I'm conservative and proud of it. Your shortsighted views are of no consequence to me.

I have a good idea what people really do.

You got yours and did O.K. Fine.

My bet is that you did not work for low wages, and you may possibly have had the chance to get an education.

Many do not ever get the chance to school well, or to actually succeed.

Many do not ever find good paying jobs, regardless their gifts.

The American Dream failed way too many over the last 30 years of Reganomics trickle down horse manure.

Rare is the enviro friendly conservative.

Ask yourself, were all of your investments eco friendly as well.

That would be even more rare.

Nobody in this country earns the money they make without the help of an extensive group of people that lay (and laid) the very foundations on which that prosperity is derived.

All too many of wealth show little respect for that fact, and it's true cost to the many that toil.

Old 04-23-2011, 11:33 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,367,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtimer2 View Post
I have a good idea what people really do.

You got yours and did O.K. Fine.

My bet is that you did not work for low wages, and you may possibly have had the chance to get an education.
When I married 39 years ago I was making $65 a week. I now earn $18.63 an hour and get NO overtime.

Quote:
Many do not ever get the chance to school well, or to actually succeed.
I'm a high school dropout. I quit the 10th grade. I recently turned down advancement and a pay increase where I work (for my own reasons).

Quote:
Many do not ever find good paying jobs, regardless their gifts.

The American Dream failed way too many over the last 30 years of Reganomics trickle down horse manure.

Rare is the enviro friendly conservative.

Ask yourself, were all of your investments eco friendly as well.

That would be even more rare.
The American Dream wasn't defined in the Reagan era. It is defined as coming to America for a chance to try to succeed as opposed to what it has been bastardized into - how to fleece the system for as much as one can.

Thank you for assessing my education, savings, investments and my 'eco footprint' with knowing one iota of my life.

Quote:
Nobody in this country earns the money they make without the help of an extensive group of people that lay (and laid) the very foundations on which that prosperity is derived.

All too many of wealth show little respect for that fact, and it's true cost to the many that toil.
You are simply wrong. Wealth also comes from hard work. I earned everything on my terms. I invested intelligently. I educated myself without going to college or even graduating high school.

To assume I got mine on the backs of others is asinine. No one in my family ever gave me anything (one cousin owns a radio conglomerate in Illinois. Another family member was a NASA Apollo astronaut who earned millions. A third cousin provided this country with much needed research on Russian aircraft in the 50's~60's). As I earned my way in life, I provided a needed service to my company and it's customers. I feel my success has been earned. Everyone had the same chance I had.

Old 04-24-2011, 12:16 AM

2,608 posts, read 2,097,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilgi View Post
It is because most libertarians are Rational personality temperments.

"Rationals are the problem solving temperament, particularly if the problem has to do with the many complex systems that make up the world around us. Rationals might tackle problems in organic systems such as plants and animals, or in mechanical systems such as railroads and computers, or in social systems such as families and companies and governments. But whatever systems fire their curiosity, Rationals will analyze them to understand how they work, so they can figure out how to make them work better." Keirsey Temperament Website - Portrait of the Rational® (NT)

This is their best strength and greatest downfall. Unfortunately rationals are not marketers and they can only promote their ideas in a way that are best understood by other rationals.

Having been involved with libertarians for decades it is very frustrating to try and get them to understand that asking people to read several 800 page books is not going to get people to understand them.

This is a good post

I love to read, that's why Im here lately, were at a critical point in this country where the choice will have to be made between Communist/Fascist or a Free society...

I believe the internet has changed the ballgame, many people are much less likely to take the commie owned medias word as fact... That's HUGE and it gives me hope....

As far as being conservative goes Im more of a Libertarian with a capital L, I was raised in a very religious family and there was a bit of hipocrisy I saw there...

That don't mean I don't believe though, and I believe in protecting innocent life...

To the Old timer who thinks Conservatives get rich at others expense;

Life's not fair...

You see I believe If your willing to work hard, have a goal and vision you should be able to make it here...

As far as Conservation goes when it comes to energy we should be doing everything we can to secure our own sources at the cheapest price possible to maximize freedom...

Too bad none of this free market thinking works without true Capitalism and The Rule of Law...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies