Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2011, 03:40 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,305,617 times

Advertisements

When gas prices hit 3.00 under Bush the looneys went crazy by blaming him.

Now on Obamas watch it hits 5.00 and it is not Obamas fault.

Stop the hypocrisy!

Obama is setting all kinds of records.

High HC insurance cost ( Mine has more then double since Obamascare )

Lets see some of the records on Obamas watch:

Record foreclosures
Record bankruptcies
Record deaths in Afghanistan
Record terrorist attacks on US soil
Now record Gas prices because of his policies and shutting off the drilling of our own oil.
Record car repos
Record food prices

Sorry to the robots but the Presidents policies directly effect the price of many things. Have you notice since the idiot in chief announce his destruction idea of shutting down our drilling of oil the price is rising?

Then again I cannot expect a loon to understand how business, supple and demand etc works.

Obama is carrying out OBL's idea of financially destroying America.

Its all about control. Take away our money, guns, power, rights and voice and he and his minions will have total control of you and your life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2011, 03:40 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,201,401 times
great map, love the color coding when you are zoomed out a bit. gotta laugh the $5 station is probably the closest one to the White House. I suspect the price is more of a message that a profit making business decision.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
A map of DC gas prices. Note the many stations under $4.00/gal.

Gas Price Heat Map - Washington DC Gas Prices

An anomaly is something that deviates from the norm. The norm in DC is gas prices that are around the $4.00/gal mark. A gas price that is at the $5.00/gal mark deviates from the norm. And is therefore an anomaly.

Old 04-20-2011, 03:42 PM

get your facts right, it hasn't hit $5 just yet. the aveage price is around $3.90, the price under Bush was well over $4.27...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post

Stop the hypocrisy!

my premium went up 500% before Obama's version of RomneyCare was passed, suck it up
Quote:

Record foreclosures
Record bankruptcies
Now record Gas prices because of his policies and shutting off the drilling of our own oil.
Record car repos
Record food prices
ALL a result of Bush's Great Recession, Thank dubya
Quote:

Sorry to the robots but the Presidents policies directly effect the price of many things. Have you notice since the idiot in chief announce his destruction idea of shutting down our drilling of oil the price is rising?

Then again I cannot expect a loon to understand how business, supple and demand etc works.

Its all about control. Take away our money, guns, power, rights and voice and he and his minions will have total control of you and your life.

Old 04-20-2011, 03:52 PM

5,450 posts, read 8,761,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
get your facts right, it hasn't hit $5 just yet. the aveage price is around $3.90, the price under Bush was well over $4.27...my premium went up 500% before Obama's version of RomneyCare was passed, suck it upALL a result of Bush's Great Recession, Thank dubya

I don't remember the prices being that high. And I thought the "chosen one" was supposed to fix everything? Seems he can't do crap...

He had 2 FULL years with D rule and couldn't do a thing. Honestly, I don't think he really wanted to. He liked the spotlight of campaigning more than actually doing the job. All everyone wants to do is point fingers at Bush. Newsflash - he's no longer there

Old 04-20-2011, 03:54 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post

Stop the hypocrisy!

Record foreclosures
Record bankruptcies
Record car repos
Record food prices

Your foolish allegation of record terrorist attacks on US soil puts the credibility of the rest of your post at about zero.

Old 04-20-2011, 03:57 PM

AAA pegged the Nationwide RECORD highest average for regular at $4.114 on 7/18/08 (Bush holds another RECORD) Daily Fuel Gauge Report--national, state and local average prices for gasoline, diesel and E-85.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseyt719 View Post
I don't remember the prices being that high. And I thought the "chosen one" was supposed to fix everything? Seems he can't do crap...

He had 2 FULL years with D rule and couldn't do a thing. Honestly, I don't think he really wanted to. He liked the spotlight of campaigning more than actually doing the job. All everyone wants to do is point fingers at Bush. Newsflash - he's no longer there
thankfully bush is gone, but we are still suffering thru the mess Bush left us.

Last edited by buzzards27; 04-20-2011 at 04:12 PM..

Old 04-20-2011, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Your foolish allegation of record terrorist attacks on US soil puts the credibility of the rest of your post at about zero.
missed that one, terrorist related deaths of over 2700 on Bush's watch will be tough to beat. Let's not forget the $250 billion in damages and economic losses, and the two war that followed, $1.2 trillion cost and counting. Cost of War to the United States | COSTOFWAR.COM

Old 04-20-2011, 04:10 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,940,832 times
Quote:
LOL, you haven't PROVEN anything, you and your claim are looking pretty foolish, but you haven't proved it yet.

Your $5 a gallon claim is completely bogus. The national and local average is more than a dollar below that $5 anomaly. Daily Fuel Gauge Report--national, state and local average prices for gasoline, diesel and E-85.

FYI, ANYONE can post up a sign with a price on it, that doesn't mean they actually sell any gas. I know a mechanic with pumps that are just an annoyance to him and he keeps the price higher because he makes his money on repairs and he doesn't make money on the gas.
Certainly have. $5/gal gas in DC, that's what the sign says (who said anything about AVG prices?)

Quote:
You've not proven anything I've said false.

There are stations in DC selling gas for under $4.00/gal. There are people who are from the DC area who have disputed your assertions. The person who comes off as desperate is not the one pointing out that you have used an anomalous gas station to make a generic point. The person who's desperate is the one using such a strategy. If you have to use an anomaly to make a general assertion, then logically your assertion must be faulty.
Again, why need a heat map when the prices are listed right here - same link as you used I think.

Washington DC Gas Prices - Find Cheap Gas Prices in Washington DC

YOU said there was a dollar difference between the highest price and the next highest, clearly that is NOT TRUE, as the prices show.

Proven false.

$.50 difference in regular grade, $.40 difference in premium. And premium is way above $4/gal in regular grade.

Old 04-20-2011, 04:11 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,940,832 times
Quote:
LOL, you haven't PROVEN anything, you and your claim are looking pretty foolish, but you haven't proved it yet.

Your $5 a gallon claim is completely bogus. The national and local average is more than a dollar below that $5 anomaly. Daily Fuel Gauge Report--national, state and local average prices for gasoline, diesel and E-85.

FYI, ANYONE can post up a sign with a price on it, that doesn't mean they actually sell any gas. I know a mechanic with pumps that are just an annoyance to him and he keeps the price higher because he makes his money on repairs and he doesn't make money on the gas.
Certainly have. $5/gal gas in DC, that's what the sign says (who said anything about AVG prices?). A few pennies shy of $5/gal in CA.

Quote:
You've not proven anything I've said false.

There are stations in DC selling gas for under $4.00/gal. There are people who are from the DC area who have disputed your assertions. The person who comes off as desperate is not the one pointing out that you have used an anomalous gas station to make a generic point. The person who's desperate is the one using such a strategy. If you have to use an anomaly to make a general assertion, then logically your assertion must be faulty.
Again, why need a heat map when the prices are listed right here - same link as you used I think. So what if there are some stations @ $4/gal? Prices have reached $5/gal, not just in DC, but in other states too.

YOU said there was a dollar difference between the highest price and the next highest, clearly that is NOT TRUE, as the prices show.

Proven false.

$.50 difference in regular grade, $.40 difference in premium. And premium is way above $4/gal in regular grade.

Old 04-20-2011, 04:19 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,550,845 times
Sanrene, Were you as hard on Bush when prices averaged over $4.25 a gal. as you are on Obama with average prices at $3.75 a gal? Some how I doubt it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies