Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2011, 12:00 PM

19,021 posts, read 14,196,312 times

Advertisements

I would urge the public servants to roll back the Federal budget by 93% ASAP - before it is forced to roll back the budget to ZERO. Collapsing a nation for political gain and personal wealth is a foolish act.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2011, 12:18 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,317,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Speculators take advantage of unstable situations in the commodities markets to push prices higher. We've seen that with several different administrations in terms of oil commodities. The conservatives accusing Obama are of the mind that Obama's actions are adding to the unstable situation in oil-producing nations, and that since he knows that instability will push oil prices higher, he is deliberately contributing to the instability in those oil-producing nations. Therefore, he wants to drive oil prices higher.

There are others who think that regardless of Obama's/United States' actions, there would still be instability in the Middle East, and greedy speculators poised to profit from that instability.

Thats what I thought, I read similiar information in various other financial and world articles and they say the same thing. I guess it is easy to start a thread that you know will get some folks riled up against the President, eventhough his distractors are the one partly responsible through speculators who were cheering when Bush went into Iraq the second time

I blame the whole thing on education for getting people to read instead of watching shows like the "American Idiot" and "Housewives of I don't give a damn". Stupid Liberals, how dare that they ask people to look up stuff for themselves!

Old 04-21-2011, 12:25 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,200,760 times
walter, explain to me what will happen when the oil we have here is gone and there are still supplies all around the world. Is it wise to drill and burn what we have NOW and then hope the rest of the world gives us a share of what is left later? your drill baby drill will only lead to more pain in the future.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WALTERWALTER View Post
we have oil in this country...lets get it

Old 04-21-2011, 01:03 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,317,542 times
If this is what it takes to get the US off of the oil tit, so be it! I'm tired of the oil companies dictating this country's economy! If we had started to continue developing other fuel sources in the 70's we would not be in this mess in the first place. Oil families (Bush) have pimped this country for years, starting with Prescott Bush. I really believe that oil companies bought up the patents for the early electric cars and electric batteries and helped kept this country dependant on oil. Now with India and China using more of it, turmoil in the middle east, and greed speculators there will not be an end to this madness.

Oh by the way oil is finite, so eventually it will run out

Old 04-21-2011, 02:11 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,542,421 times
Obama: We will end 'manipulation' of gas prices - The Oval: Tracking the Obama presidency

does anyone think this will help?

Old 04-21-2011, 02:24 PM

1,356 posts, read 1,277,666 times
Why would anyone blame Obama for the price of oil? Ignorance is bliss no?

Old 04-21-2011, 04:29 PM

2,476 posts, read 2,603,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Didn't Repubs celebrate a HUGE victory in '10 ? What have they DONE with that victory?? They sure haven't helped the economy or gas prices...

And AGAIN, we have LOTS of oil....please read the intelligent statements by several poster who explained what speculators are and do.....
1/2 of 1/3 is not control...

And if Obama would hand out some drilling permits prices would fall,if you remember that's what Bush did and in a few months oil was way way down....common sense.

Old 04-21-2011, 04:33 PM

4,196 posts, read 6,422,257 times
You guys are Nucking Futz... You actually sit there and believe..One person could do what you say..??
You do different..Run for prez..even a little city council...

None of you have the balls or the will

Old 04-21-2011, 04:35 PM

4,196 posts, read 6,422,257 times
Do it..Proove anyone wrong.. You dont have the Nad's...
you would run from the job like a little girl afraid of spiders..
BTW so would I...

Old 04-21-2011, 06:42 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,748,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
So questions Repugs can't answer are not "legitimate" ?

OK, got it, but I've known of that Repug cop-out for a long time.

Your denial that anyone is making a profit is quite something else!!

Puting gas at $4-5 a gallon is done to make a PROFIT!!!

See, otherwise gas would be free....catching on???

LOL, I understand why you want to change the subject, I am perfectly fine with companies making a profit. What upsets me is Obama's strangling of the free market. I understand perfectly well why you don't want to answer why Obama wants high fuel prices, but we all know.!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies