Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2011, 01:54 PM

5,450 posts, read 8,762,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
"Under my plan, energy prices will necessarily rise."
-Barack Obama.

And so will everything else for that matter.....under his plans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2011, 02:07 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
"Under my plan, energy prices will necessarily rise."
-Barack Obama.
His actual words were "will necessarily skyrocket."

Old 04-23-2011, 02:10 PM

4,367 posts, read 3,483,876 times
Default Battered by gas prices White House starts attacks on oil companies

Quote:
The White House has joined congressional Democrats in targeting oil companies with criticism for nearly $4 per gallon gas.
President Obama lashed out at oil companies -- and the tax breaks they get from the government -- for a second day in a row on Thursday and again in Saturday's address.
“Four billion dollars of your money are going to these companies at a time when they’re making record profits and you’re paying near record prices at the pump,” the president said at a Nevada town hall. “It has to stop.”

Obama also announced a Justice Department task force that will probe whether speculators and traders are to blame for the high prices. A spokesman for Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) on Friday criticized the effort as an attempt to deflect attention from White House and Democratic opposition to increased drilling in the U.S.
Battered by gas prices White House starts attacks on oil companies - TheHill.com

"Under my plan the cost of energy will necessarily skyrocket".
-Barack Hussein Obama

Last edited by nightflight; 04-23-2011 at 02:28 PM..

Old 04-23-2011, 02:13 PM

27,142 posts, read 15,318,187 times
Two fill ups a week averaging $63. each, sure it's changed everything.
Add to that the food prices that have steadily rocketed in price as well as everything else going up also due to gas costs.

There is no left over money.

I make a good wage and drive only to work & back stopping anywhere I need to go on the way home which since about all is right on the highway side there really are no extra miles involved.

When it hit $5. I'll have to consider something else for a living besides Electrician.

At $7. I just won't be able to go.

We go nowhere and do nothing for fun or entertainment.
Credit is good but cards kept at zero.
We are homebodies and enjoy our family. Good thing we value that.

Old 04-23-2011, 02:20 PM

164 posts, read 103,821 times
Has my spending habits changed? No, because I'm not some poor welfare liberal. I'd be able to afford if it was 15.00 a gallon. But the poor will whine and not doing anything about their situation.

Old 04-23-2011, 02:27 PM

9,727 posts, read 9,729,135 times
Someone needs to tell Barry that in America it is not illegal to make a profit.

Old 04-23-2011, 02:31 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,201,923 times
got a citation for that quotation?
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
His actual words were "will necessarily skyrocket."

Old 04-23-2011, 02:33 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times
Well, that IS the pattern. Deflect, accuse and insinuate criminal acts in order to pull his derriere out of the fire.

Old 04-23-2011, 02:34 PM

760 posts, read 685,602 times
Quote:
Someone needs to tell Barry that in America it is not illegal to make a profit.
Quote:
Well, that IS the pattern. Deflect, accuse and insinuate criminal acts in order to pull his derriere out of the fire.
Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't. The masses are never satisfied.

Old 04-23-2011, 02:50 PM

4,002 posts, read 3,905,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Force View Post
Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't. The masses are never satisfied.
I'm satisfied with the fact that this couldn't have happened to the Bammers at the worst possible time.

Here he is, gearing up for another run, and his very policies, and words are catching up with him. I'll bet he is, right now, so hoping that it was 2013 already, and he was seated comfortably behind that Oval Office Desk .. $4 to $5 dollar gas wouldn't even be an issue.

Obama: I’ll make energy prices “skyrocket” « Hot Air

To make matters worse, here we are, With not even half of what he wanted to do, done .. with $4 dollar a gallon gas staring us in the face.

Imagine, how much worse off we would be if the Bammers actually got his way .. Cap and Trade alone would have pushed us over the edge.

Yup .. you just keep rooting for your DC Clownboy and we Americans will just move right on by you ..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies