Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2011, 04:12 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,929,215 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
when you put words within quotes that means someone said those words exactly as written, when you put someone name after it that means you are claiming they said those words exactly as written.

do you have a citation for this alleged quotation? everything I see says this is not what he said.
You mean you haven't heard obama say this?

YouTube - Obama: My Plan Makes Electricity Rates Skyrocket

He's talking about Cap&Tax, climate change.

"Under MY plan, of a cap and trade system, electricity rates would necessarily skyrocket"

Surely you've heard this before and if you haven't, where have you been?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2011, 04:40 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,199,738 times
except the words you hung quotation marks around were not the words he said.

and no matter how you play them out of context, they have NOTHING to do with the current price of gas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
He was talking about cap and trade and how coal plants would have to comply with a myriad of new regulations. However, even though we are talking about gas prices, his words were.....prophetic. At the very least we see that he isn't overly concerned about high energy costs.

Old 04-23-2011, 04:41 PM

not sure why I'd what to hear obama talk about cap and trade and electric rate. either have nothing to do with this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
You mean you haven't heard obama say this?

He's talking about Cap&Tax, climate change.

"Under MY plan, of a cap and trade system, electricity rates would necessarily skyrocket"

Surely you've heard this before and if you haven't, where have you been?

Old 04-23-2011, 05:00 PM

Quote:
not sure why I'd what to hear obama talk about cap and trade and electric rate. either have nothing to do with this thread.
Part of parcel of his WHOLE energy agenda for this country. Coal, gas, shale, doesn't matter, his "plan" for any and all of the above is to raise energy prices to the consumer.

Old 04-23-2011, 05:08 PM

try reading the title of the thread, one has nothing to do with the other. it is just part of your "everything obama does is wrong" mantra.

here let me help you
Quote:
Battered by gas prices White House starts attacks on oil companies
how does obama doing something about the gas price and going after the oil companies have to do with your cap and trade video???

Quote:
Part of parcel of his WHOLE energy agenda for this country. Coal, gas, shale, doesn't matter, his "plan" for any and all of the above is to raise energy prices to the consumer.

Old 04-23-2011, 05:14 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,278,267 times
Who makes more per gallon in profits by hundreds of percentage points than the oil companys on the gas Obama is complaining about? Answer is Obama (the USA government) makes much more profit on a gallon on gas than the oil companies.

Old 04-23-2011, 05:31 PM

Quote:
try reading the title of the thread, one has nothing to do with the other. it is just part of your "everything obama does is wrong" mantra.

here let me help you

how does obama doing something about the gas price and going after the oil companies have to do with your cap and trade video???
The poster mentioned his "words", which you claimed weren't his "words", so I showed you his "words".

Obama going after the oil companies is just a USUAL deflection in trying to absolve himself from blame. HIS policies are making our energy situation WORSE.

This is what YOU said to the poster;

Quote:
when you put words within quotes that means someone said those words exactly as written, when you put someone name after it that means you are claiming they said those words exactly as written.

do you have a citation for this alleged quotation? everything I see says this is not what he said.
Now you don't want to hear the proof of his words?

Old 04-23-2011, 05:35 PM

except they were not his exact words and they have nothing to do with this thread.
Quote:
The poster mentioned his "words", which you claimed weren't his "words", so I showed you his "words".

Obama going after the oil companies is just a USUAL deflection in trying to absolve himself from blame. HIS policies are making our energy situation WORSE.

This is what YOU said to the poster;

Now you don't want to hear the proof of his words?

Old 04-23-2011, 05:42 PM

1,233 posts, read 1,217,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
Who makes more per gallon in profits by hundreds of percentage points than the oil companys on the gas Obama is complaining about? Answer is Obama (the USA government) makes much more profit on a gallon on gas than the oil companies.
Do you know what you are talking about or just intentionally posting more right wing B.S. propaganda ?

Here is a good read for those that care to know what is actually going on with the money.

It is a bit dated but probably still valid.

Dissecting a gallon of gas - who get's what - Mar. 13, 2008

Old 04-23-2011, 07:52 PM

5,800 posts, read 6,564,796 times
If he wants to 'attack' anybody, target #1 on his enemies list should be his humungously incompetent Treasury Secretary, who should be fired at once.

Unfortunately, he doesn't have the intelligence or guts to do something so simple.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies