Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2011, 12:08 PM

58,958 posts, read 27,267,735 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Is answered all in this one graph. see the measurable content above 350? That's where the real fun begins. The projections look downright awful, and they tshould. Fossil fuel use is a race to the bottom, a net loss for everyone, including the one planet we all live on but record profits for oil companies. They have us all hooked like junkies. Maybe some of their record profits/tax breaks could have gone into alternative energy. I hope the next generation is smarter than these last few, or we are really screwed.

Global Climate Change

How do you account for the Ice Age. And then the ice melting?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2011, 12:11 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,447,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
How do you account for the Ice Age. And then the ice melting?
Orbital changes, possible amplification due to natural CO2 emission (oceans, permafrost, etc) from an initial warming

Old 04-24-2011, 12:16 PM

5,450 posts, read 8,759,049 times
It's this simple. There are periods of warm and periods of cool. Weather and temperature are cyclical. Enough said.

There is no global warming crisis.

Old 04-24-2011, 01:19 PM
C.C

2,235 posts, read 2,362,261 times
If the "experts" came up with a viable plan to stop the destruction of 5 million acres of rain forest per year, I might start taking them seriously.

A credible spokesman would help too - that twit Al do-as-I-say-not-as-I-do Gore is about as believable as Daffy Duck.

Obama? Sure, global warming will destroy the planet. But first things first - it's far more important to create a health care reform boondoggle with my name on it. If there isn't any money left over for global warming you can blame Bush for that.

Oh, and maybe if the "experts" stop flying to the global warming conferences in private jets people would take them a little more seriously.

As it is, we in the US can sacrifice every penny of our wealth to reduce "greenhouse gas emissions" to zero and it won't make a damn bit of difference in the long run.

Old 04-24-2011, 02:54 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.C View Post
Oh, and maybe if the "experts" stop flying to the global warming conferences in private jets people would take them a little more seriously.
Who are these experts flying to conferences in private jets... I really doubt very many climate scientists (or any scientists) fly around in private jets. I know a professor who does study climate change and he had a meeting done via teleconference that would most likely in other sciences be done by everyone flying to one spot and meeting. The reason was to "lower their global warming impact".

Old 04-24-2011, 03:14 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,917,108 times
The planet gets hotter because it is occupied by more Progressives and everyone knows they are full of hot air.

Thankfully, there is an easy solution.

Old 04-24-2011, 03:25 PM

1,811 posts, read 1,209,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Is answered all in this one graph. see the measurable content above 350? That's where the real fun begins. The projections look downright awful, and they tshould. Fossil fuel use is a race to the bottom, a net loss for everyone, including the one planet we all live on but record profits for oil companies. They have us all hooked like junkies. Maybe some of their record profits/tax breaks could have gone into alternative energy. I hope the next generation is smarter than these last few, or we are really screwed.

Global Climate Change

100% of global warming is due to the fact that every day you get older. There is a 100% correlation between the twol. Ergo, you must do the "honorable thing" so global warming will cease. We will commemorate your "passing".

Old 04-24-2011, 03:36 PM

24,508 posts, read 33,295,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
I blame all the hot air emanating from the Tea Party
No, the hot air you are observing is coming from Al "The Planet Has A Fever" Gore and other far left-wingers.

Old 04-24-2011, 04:29 PM
C.C

2,235 posts, read 2,362,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
Who are these experts flying to conferences in private jets... I really doubt very many climate scientists (or any scientists) fly around in private jets. I know a professor who does study climate change and he had a meeting done via teleconference that would most likely in other sciences be done by everyone flying to one spot and meeting. The reason was to "lower their global warming impact".
Climate conference leaves a giant footprint - World news - Europe - msnbc.com

Of course this is just MSNBC so hardly very trustworthy...

Old 04-24-2011, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.C View Post
Climate conference leaves a giant footprint - World news - Europe - msnbc.com

Of course this is just MSNBC so hardly very trustworthy...
Oh, those aren't experts; those are politicians.

World leaders often don't use commercial flights for security reasons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies