Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2011, 04:57 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times

Advertisements

"the rich old men have all the women". Like this is something new. Some women must prefer the security of having a rich old man around to take care of her and her kids. That is just common sense. I'm getting old but I am not rich so this is just an observation.

BTW - So long as the LDS folks did not try to convert me I think I would enjoy Salt Lake City and the rest of the state. Even if they did I would politely decline and wish them a good day.

Old 04-29-2011, 08:40 AM

8,182 posts, read 9,213,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by m92tiger View Post
This is for all you peeps that try to claim that I am full of ****, when in fact it is their own perceptions or lack of in their own perceived reality bubble, that is apparently full of ****. I observe that there seems to be more gays on average than in other places i have lived; I observe that a large number of these are ex or current mormon members and then I wonder out loud at a possible correlation between the two. What's the response from the Utah/Mormon groupies??? Name calling, of course. Cuz again, just shows how friendly and nice and open-minded those Utahn's are, no? I am called bitter, angry, negative...when I am merely making observations and speculation. But apparently these bullets of truth are hitting too close to the home of the denial lair. However, in response to all those bull**** callouts of BS, here's a HOST of MANY links, that support the Truth I Observe:
Salt Lake City Has High Gay Population

Troy Williams: The

From wikipedia:
Affirmation: Gay & Lesbian Mormons

There may be more gay Mormons than non-Mormons

Gay Forums - All Things Gay - Any Gay Mormons out there - RealJock

Mormons for Marriage

I can post endless links if that's what it takes for those bashing this thread and my OPINION/THEORY simply because they claim I am some lone alien that thought it up all be her little self just to "hate" on Utah because according to all those "friendly/oh so nice" Utahns, calling Utah out on its gayness, is "hate" lmao.
Do you understand simple math? I can explain it from a demographic standpoint, it is very simple.

Trying to equate it to the LDS factor is why people are complaining about.

Old 04-29-2011, 09:11 AM

3,325 posts, read 3,170,328 times
Quote:
I would like to start this topic in order to generate genuine theories/thoughts/beliefs behind the existence of a larger than average gay male population in Utah, particularly the SLC area.This began as general observance from both work and outside of work, but blossomed into more when finding out that there were actual some statistics and a lot of shared observances/experiences to back it up. At first I thought that it might be due to migration from the SF bay area, only to then further observe how many of these gay males were either mormon or ex-mormon and largely from Utah.

Here's a link for another forum discussing the existence of gays at BYU:

There may be more gay Mormons than non-Mormons
Sorry, but I'm somewhat underwhelmed by your "statistics" and "shared experiences."

Old 04-29-2011, 09:32 AM

28,100 posts, read 29,963,441 times
Quote:
Why are you so "freaked out" by the suggestion that there is a larger than average population of gays in Utah and that, perhaps, or perhaps not, it might also have something to do with the extremely overwhelmingly large population of Mormons there.
I'm not "freaked out" by anything. Your sugguestion is simply a stupid, unsupported assumption and I am pointing that out.

Quote:
You may not think there are any gays here (I did read on another forum that LDSers have a tendency to be in complete denial about the obvious gayness all around them...in fact one mormon women married a mormon man, they divorced however when he confessed his favoring the gay lifestyle. And her response to her friend was, "I didn't even know there were any gays in Utah." Lmao.
You go right ahead and laugh your ass off, tiger. I have never denied there are gays in Salt Lake. There are lots of them. Salt Lake City is one of the most gay-friendly cities around.

Quote:
And why are you saying that I am negative and bitter and angry when I am merely making an observation about the large numbers of gays in Utah and wondering if it has anything to do with the 90% mormonism here...you are the one that is taking that as some sort of attack I spose? Or maybe the bullet is just hitting too close to your denialhome.
First of all, you are negative and bitter. Anybody who has read any of your posts on the Utah or Salt Lake City forums can see that. Secondly, 90% LDS is an absolutely outlandish exaggeration. Salt Lake City is more like 50% LDS, and many of that number are not practicing members of the Church.

I have no problem with gays. I have no problem with same-sex marriage. I have gay friends and relatives. Don't accuse me of denial when I have said nothing to indicate that. All I'm saying is that your agenda is obvious. You have a major problem with Mormonism, and (at least based on everything you've said on the subject), a serious lack of knowledge about homosexuality. There is nothing inherent in the LDS lifestyle or culture that would produce homosexual children. Your "observation" is quite simply full of ****, that's all. And repeating yourself ad nauseum isn't helping your cause. Based on the posts I've read so far, it appears as if pretty much everybody here has you figured out.

Last edited by Katzpur; 04-29-2011 at 09:47 AM..

Old 05-08-2011, 01:23 AM

202 posts, read 352,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
I'm not "freaked out" by anything. Your sugguestion is simply a stupid, unsupported assumption and I am pointing that out.

You go right ahead and laugh your ass off, tiger. I have never denied there are gays in Salt Lake. There are lots of them. Salt Lake City is one of the most gay-friendly cities around.

First of all, you are negative and bitter. Anybody who has read any of your posts on the Utah or Salt Lake City forums can see that. Secondly, 90% LDS is an absolutely outlandish exaggeration. Salt Lake City is more like 50% LDS, and many of that number are not practicing members of the Church.

I have no problem with gays. I have no problem with same-sex marriage. I have gay friends and relatives. Don't accuse me of denial when I have said nothing to indicate that. All I'm saying is that your agenda is obvious. You have a major problem with Mormonism, and (at least based on everything you've said on the subject), a serious lack of knowledge about homosexuality. There is nothing inherent in the LDS lifestyle or culture that would produce homosexual children. Your "observation" is quite simply full of ****, that's all. And repeating yourself ad nauseum isn't helping your cause. Based on the posts I've read so far, it appears as if pretty much everybody here has you figured out.
No hon, I am not angry nor bitter, except when I lived in SLC and saw through it for ALL of ITS HYPOCRISY. Make good like cult and bury head in seas of sand. It does not change reality.

Old 05-08-2011, 09:36 AM

8,182 posts, read 9,213,174 times
Quote:
No hon, I am not angry nor bitter, except
Talk about denial!

Old 05-08-2011, 10:19 AM

72 posts, read 126,286 times
Does it have anything to do with soy beans?

Old 05-12-2011, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShahramTaba View Post
Does it have anything to do with soy beans?
Hmmm...maybe they eat lots of extra soy, those mormon men?! I haven't heard of that one yet. Here's a blog link for a gay mormon man that wants to remain LDS. GayMormonMan PriesthoodMen

Personally I find it strange that you'd want to belong to a club that doesn't openly want or accept you, but rather openly rejects you...but hey, I guess if you are brainwashed into the LDS church to begin with, it can be hard to wash your brain of it.

Old 05-12-2011, 12:43 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,290,404 times
Quote:

Personally I find it strange that you'd want to belong to a club that doesn't openly want or accept you, but rather openly rejects you...but hey, I guess if you are brainwashed into the LDS church to begin with, it can be hard to wash your brain of it.
Tell that to Black and Hispanic tea partiers.

Old 05-13-2011, 11:33 PM

to all the delusional and repressed utah posters here...

Hilgi - you call me angry and bitter for observing the large amount of gay men in Utah. That in and of itself is quite exempliary of the mormon/utahn duplicity. To say one thing yet do the opposite. Very passive agressive and ultimately, teaming with delusion and repression. Check yourself first babes.

To others actually interested in debating this topic, I found an interesting article about the widely practiced mormon beards - meaning gay mormon men marrying women (women are their "beards"). In fact its so common there's even an established official name and nickname for these marriages: "Mixed-Orientation Mormon Marriages" aka "Momoms"

Check:
Mormon Beards

guess I my observations weren't so "off" afterall....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies