Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 02:57 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,099,690 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasy Tokoro View Post
Please, go through my post history and point out anywhere that I said that.

My entire post history, starting from when I began this forum in 2007.

You'll notice that I've never claimed that.

What I said was that I believe in abortion up to "the point of viability".

As in, as soon as the fetus is viable, abortion is no longer an option.

Reading comprehension is a wonderful thing.

My apologies then, I must have confused you with another poster.

Old 04-25-2011, 03:00 PM

4,002 posts, read 3,905,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
so you would rather a very immature girl who made on bad choice to become a parent and try to parent?

making a young girl go through pregnancy, have a baby and either raise it or give it up for adoption is child abuse, both mental and physical.
Parents, by not teaching their children what might be good or bad, is "child abuse" ..

If teens know that they'll be stuck with a kid .. they'll be less likely to make that "bad choice" ..

Old 04-25-2011, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasy Tokoro View Post
Pro-choice.

In the meaning of:

It's the mother's choice if she wants to keep it or not.

Pro-choice. Meaning that one of the choices that you support, when performed correctly, results in death 100% of the time. I asked this 5 pages ago, and have yet to have it answered. can anyone else name me another "right" that results in guaranteed death?

Old 04-25-2011, 03:03 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,020,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigskydude View Post
Parents, by not teaching their children what might be good or bad, is "child abuse" ..

If teens know that they'll be stuck with a kid .. they'll be less likely to make that "bad choice" ..
and hows that workin' so far?

Old 04-25-2011, 03:04 PM

1,219 posts, read 1,755,978 times
There should be no restrictions on abortions, with the exception of late term abortions, which should only be conducted when the mother's life is in jeopardy.

IMO, men have no right to influence laws on this subject. Until men can get pregnant, this is purely a woman's decision and should be decided by the gender that must bear the child to term or choose not to.

Old 04-25-2011, 03:04 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,044,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
Pro-choice. Meaning that one of the choices that you support, when performed correctly, results in death 100% of the time. I asked this 5 pages ago, and have yet to have it answered. can anyone else name me another "right" that results in guaranteed death?
The question then gets to:

Who voice weighs more:

The fetus or the incubator?

Me, I go for the incubator.

And in many states, you have the right to self defense, which in many, many cases can result in death.

Killing=/=murder.

Old 04-25-2011, 03:05 PM

Quote:
what I want for myself or what any woman wants for herself is up to her. it isn't all about abortion there are two other choices. the point being the choice is up to the individual woman alone.

a traitor? I guess I could say the same about you if you want abortion illegal. do you want to force woman to be pregnant and give birth against their will? not any compassion in that thought now is there?

Abortion is a human rights issue, nothing more nothing less. There are no creatures less defensible then pre born babies, sadly you do not take into account about how they feel.

Old 04-25-2011, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatDJohns View Post
There should be no restrictions on abortions, with the exception of late term abortions, which should only be conducted when the mother's life is in jeopardy.

IMO, men have no right to influence laws on this subject. Until men can get pregnant, this is purely a woman's decision and should be decided by the gender that must bear the child to term or choose not to.

The overwhelming majority of those in the pro-life movement are women. Not sure what a persons gender has to do with a grave human rights violation.

Old 04-25-2011, 03:06 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,823,172 times
Quote:
your value and moral judgments are for you and your life. not mine or any other woman. you want to believe life begins at conception, fine. I can believe the same thing however it doesn't make a fetus at 6 weeks or 12 any more able to survive outside the womb. if a woman doesn't want to stay pregnant that is for her to decide, not me or you

I am a woman and mother of 2 children and believe the same thing. Just because one person sees abortion as wrong and horrible doesn't mean that everyone else does. You live your life and everyone else lives theirs.

Old 04-25-2011, 03:07 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,044,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
Abortion is a human rights issue, nothing more nothing less. There are no creatures less defensible then pre born babies, sadly you do not take into account about how they feel.
Considering at the time of most abortions, they can't feel, then that's another one of those tricky "false dilemmas".

So, I do see it as a human rights issue.

The rights weighing more on the side doing the incubating rather the person sapping the nutrients and giving nothing back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies