Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 04:26 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
So sad for them! Because I grew up in Michigan and come from a long line of Democrats. Lived around Democrats and most of them are racist and have not much use for the black person. Except if they can gain something from them.
And Republicans have LOTS OF USE for us black folks, huh?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2011, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
Detroit,

You wrote:

But before that you wrote:

Well, do you speak for all black people or not?
I'm talking about the black folks in here. Ask them if i'm right.

Old 04-25-2011, 04:53 PM

5,960 posts, read 5,546,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I was called out? Dude, i did you a courtesy by even responding to you. I didn't have to even answer that post, but i tried to clear things up for you a bit.

Fact remains (and you didn't dispute it because you know i'm right), i can roll in places that you neither won't or can't roll. I talk with people that tell me things that they wouldn't tell you. What information you can give on black community thought is halfass and informed ONLY through the few black associations you have, rumours, books, movies, TV, or talk radio. The firsthand info that one should have without talking out of a body orifice is info that you simply can't obtain without being in the community yourself.

Now if you wanna be all butthurt because for the first time in your life, you're being told this stuff, i'm sorry. But that's just the way it is. I wouldn't go around saying that this group or that group thinks a certain way if i wasn't a part of that group. I'm not THAT arrogant. I don't presume to know what communities that i'm locked out of happen to think on any given topic. I form opinions based on the little info i might have, but i know that i'm an outsider, and i act accordingly. But i certainly wouldn't use that "little info" and pretend to know more about that group than i actually know.
Again, with the places where I "can't roll".

You gonna tell me what black people would do to me if I went to those places?

Because until you clear it up I just have to assume violence.

Old 04-25-2011, 04:56 PM

1,943 posts, read 3,338,472 times
Quote:

It probably wouldn't be your first time..

Old 04-25-2011, 04:59 PM

Quote:

Proof that you simply don't know. We aint thinkin' about you dude.

Again, why violence? You think that you're important enough for someone to risk going to jail for?

Old 04-25-2011, 07:17 PM

5,756 posts, read 3,998,245 times
There was that colored man who had the "DON'T TREAD ON ME" mini flags and was beaten by those SEIU union thugs...does that count?

Old 04-25-2011, 07:31 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,447,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
And Republicans have LOTS OF USE for us black folks, huh?
How so?
I can say I have not met nor do I know one racist conservative.

Old 04-25-2011, 07:37 PM

5,756 posts, read 3,998,245 times
Quote:
Great bit of information on how the left really is towards our black population on the opposite side of the political arena...... How can the black population stand for this?

History shows that during the 1960's Democrats used racist slurs and brutality against
Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., a Republican until the day he died, and other nonviolent activists who were trying to stop the Democrats from denying civil rights to black Americans. Today, Democrats are using similar reprehensible tactics against conservatives and Republicans, especially black Republicans, who are trying to stop the Democrats from stripping civil liberties from all Americans.

]While claiming to be racially sensitive, Democrats use racist invectives to denigrate black Republicans, demeaning them as "sellouts", "Uncle Toms", "House Negroes", "House N-word", or worse.
The list of black Republicans attacked by Democrats is long and includes RNC Chairman Michael Steel, Dr. Condoleezza Rice, General Colin Powell and Justice Clarence Thomas.
On the left-wing Internet website called "The News Blog," Democrats posted a doctored photograph of RNC Chairman Michael Steele while he was the Lt. Governor of Maryland and running for a Senate seat.
]Democrats depicted Steele as a "Simple Sambo" with a blackened minstrel-style face, nappy hair and big, think red lips. The cartoon caption read: "Simple Sambo wants to move to the big house".

http://www.suwanneegop.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=457:d o-democrats-commit-hate-crimes-against-black-republicans&catid=26:minority-news&Itemid=165
Yes the Dixie Democrats did not want blacks to vote but later on the Dixie Democrats became Republicans I remember Condi Rice talking about her father and why they became Republicans she is one smart lady

Old 04-25-2011, 07:41 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,845,391 times
Quote:
Great bit of information on how the left really is towards our black population on the opposite side of the political arena...... How can the black population stand for this?

History shows that during the 1960's Democrats used racist slurs and brutality against
Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., a Republican until the day he died, and other nonviolent activists who were trying to stop the Democrats from denying civil rights to black Americans.
Today, Democrats are using similar reprehensible tactics against conservatives and Republicans, especially black Republicans, who are trying to stop the Democrats from stripping civil liberties from all Americans.

]While claiming to be racially sensitive, Democrats use racist invectives to denigrate black Republicans, demeaning them as "sellouts", "Uncle Toms", "House Negroes", "House N-word", or worse.
The list of black Republicans attacked by Democrats is long and includes RNC Chairman Michael Steel, Dr. Condoleezza Rice, General Colin Powell and Justice Clarence Thomas.
On the left-wing Internet website called "The News Blog," Democrats posted a doctored photograph of RNC Chairman Michael Steele while he was the Lt. Governor of Maryland and running for a Senate seat.
]Democrats depicted Steele as a "Simple Sambo" with a blackened minstrel-style face, nappy hair and big, think red lips. The cartoon caption read: "Simple Sambo wants to move to the big house".

http://www.suwanneegop.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=457:d o-democrats-commit-hate-crimes-against-black-republicans&catid=26:minority-news&Itemid=165
You want to claim Dr. King, but not what he stood for.

Where Do We Go From Here?

I want to say to you as I move to my conclusion, as we talk about "Where do we go from here?" that we must honestly face the fact that the movement must address itself to the question of restructuring the whole of American society. There are forty million poor people here, and one day we must ask the question, "Why are there forty million poor people in America?" And when you begin to ask that question, you are raising a question about the economic system, about a broader distribution of wealth. When you ask that question, you begin to question the capitalistic economy. And I'm simply saying that more and more, we've got to begin to ask questions about the whole society. We are called upon to help the discouraged beggars in life's marketplace. But one day we must come to see that an edifice which produces beggars needs restructuring. It means that questions must be raised. And you see, my friends, when you deal with this you begin to ask the question, "Who owns the oil?" You begin to ask the question, "Who owns the iron ore?" You begin to ask the question, "Why is it that people have to pay water bills in a world that's two-thirds water?" These are words that must be said. Now, don't think you have me in a bind today. I'm not talking about communism. What I'm talking about is far beyond communism... What I'm saying to you this morning is communism forgets that life is individual. Capitalism forgets that life is social. And the kingdom of brotherhood is found neither in the thesis of communism nor the antithesis of capitalism, but in a higher synthesis. It is found in a higher synthesis that combines the truths of both. Now, when I say questioning the whole society, it means ultimately coming to see that the problem of racism, the problem of economic exploitation, and the problem of war are all tied together. These are the triple evils that are interrelated.

Old 04-25-2011, 07:46 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,447,035 times
[quote=WilliamSmyth;18886168]You want to claim Dr. King, but not what he stood for.

Where does the bases for this assumption come from?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies