Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 02:11 PM

58,749 posts, read 27,080,924 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Republicans Call for Economic Suicide One More Time | CJOnline.com

While it defies history and good sense, Republicans continue to vigorously support tax cuts for richest Americans. To find the money, they intend to shift the increasing costs of health care to the elderly and disabled. It would be hell, and Obama in his soft, professorial way said so.
I'm shocked. A democrat writing a negative story about the Repibs. Just shocked, I tell ya'
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2011, 02:23 PM

58,749 posts, read 27,080,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brien51 View Post
Do you have statistics to prove the "right wing" owns most of the wealth in the US? Who is the right wing anyway? I am not sure the RW wealthy control any more than the "left wing" wealthy, like Geo Soros. It is the government that controls the economy. And the government is controlled by the politicians not the free market. I agree the political economic policies are pretty much a failure.

I don't know about the Republicans.

I only can speak for my own Libertarian viewpoints in that the free market is the best way for the economy to thrive.

Picture the current large flea markets. People trade amoungt themselves with nary any government involvement and everyone benefits because government intervention is almost completely absent. Once government gets involved in most anything, it gums up the works.
"he Dallas Morning News reported on GOP governors in a meeting at a resort. The article was riddled with attempts to portray the Republicans as the super rich living lavish life styles. When the FACT is the Democrats are the richest in America. Out of the top ten richest Senators, eight are Democrats. The Democrats represent the richest Congressional districts in the nation. However you will not read that in the news media. Because their goose-stepping marching orders they receive from the Democrats, ordered them not to tell the truth. The news media is attempting to perpetuate class envy in this nation, while protecting the super rich Democrat.

Propaganda Buster: Rich Republicans or Democrats

Old 04-25-2011, 02:27 PM

2,884 posts, read 5,631,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
Much of the 47% who pay no income tax also get cash, food stamps, housing vouchers, heating assistance, and much much more from the 53%. A blogger I read says it best when he calls them the "free s*** army". Not only are the "poor" stealing from taxpayers they (and their Democrat enablers) are destroying the United States with their out of control debt.
Not only do the poor pay no income tax, many of them get a tax refund..! That's terrible.
I can't feel sorry for the poor, they are, in most cases, poor because of their own bad decisions or lack of ambition. I doubt few were born and raised with less than my family, but we allgot an education, worked hard and all four kids retired wealthy. Everyone born in the USA has the same chance to get ahead. Some prefer to sit on their dead butts with their hands out, and then call people names when we get tired of giving them handouts.
The reason those same people voted for the scum in the WH is because he promised them a free ride, which like all of his promises, he failed to deliver on.

Old 04-25-2011, 02:31 PM

4,696 posts, read 5,808,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"he Dallas Morning News reported on GOP governors in a meeting at a resort. The article was riddled with attempts to portray the Republicans as the super rich living lavish life styles. When the FACT is the Democrats are the richest in America. Out of the top ten richest Senators, eight are Democrats. The Democrats represent the richest Congressional districts in the nation. However you will not read that in the news media. Because their goose-stepping marching orders they receive from the Democrats, ordered them not to tell the truth. The news media is attempting to perpetuate class envy in this nation, while protecting the super rich Democrat.

Propaganda Buster: Rich Republicans or Democrats
I read that 19 of the top 20 wealthiest voting distrcts in the country voted for Obama (and donated to his campaign) It is a fact that in 2008 the majority in the $250K+ household income category voted for Obama.

The Dems are a coalition of the welfare poor, the rich elite, and government workers in a team effort to destroy the middle class.

Old 04-25-2011, 02:31 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,202,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Then the OP admits that the robber barons have been the poor and this is just a change.
Don't be putting words in my mouth.

Old 04-25-2011, 02:42 PM

1,233 posts, read 1,216,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
I read that 19 of the top 20 wealthiest voting distrcts in the country voted for Obama (and donated to his campaign) It is a fact that in 2008 the majority in the $250K+ household income category voted for Obama.

The Dems are a coalition of the welfare poor, the rich elite, and government workers in a team effort to destroy the middle class.
Duh. How many were cities and large metro areas?

But, I assume that you took statistics in college right?

Go play with mean medium and mode.

Old 04-25-2011, 02:46 PM

30,024 posts, read 18,596,563 times
Quote:

While it defies history and good sense, Republicans continue to vigorously support tax cuts for richest Americans. To find the money, they intend to shift the increasing costs of health care to the elderly and disabled. It would be hell, and Obama in his soft, professorial way said so.
1. "defies history and good sense" .................. right.

a. tax cuts have always stimulated the economy.
b. "stimulus" has never stimulated any economy. Keynesian economics has been proven again to fail. See US Great Depression, 1990s Japan and now the US again.

2. We have a spending problem, not a revenue problem

3. If we tax EVERYONE making over $250 K per year 100% (SLAVERY), we would generate $1 trillion in additional revenue. Even with slavery of the "rich" we would still have deficits unless we cut spending.

4. "Shift costs to the elderly and disabled"???? You mean making cuts in medicaid, medicare and social security??? OF COURSE. THE BUDGET WILL NEVER BE BALANCED UNTIL SOMEONE HAS THE GUTS TO CUT ENTITLEMENTS. OBAMA HAS NO GUTS AND WOULD PREFER THAT THE NATION BE DESTITUTE RATHER THAN HARM HIS CHANCES FOR ANOTHER FOUR YEARS IN OFFICE.

5. "soft, professional way".......... Obama is the most petulent, partisan whiner ever to hold office. He is a far cry from a professional and is much more cocerned with his political career than the well being of the nation. He knows that his continued spending will result in our collective demise, but he simply does not care.

Old 04-25-2011, 02:58 PM

1,233 posts, read 1,216,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
1. "defies history and good sense" .................. right.

b. "stimulus" has never stimulated any economy. Keynesian economics has been proven again to fail. See US Great Depression, 1990s Japan and now the US again.

2. We have a spending problem, not a revenue problem

3. If we tax EVERYONE making over $250 K per year 100% (SLAVERY), we would generate $1 trillion in additional revenue. Even with slavery of the "rich" we would still have deficits unless we cut spending.

4. "Shift costs to the elderly and disabled"???? You mean making cuts in medicaid, medicare and social security??? OF COURSE. THE BUDGET WILL NEVER BE BALANCED UNTIL SOMEONE HAS THE GUTS TO CUT ENTITLEMENTS. OBAMA HAS NO GUTS AND WOULD PREFER THAT THE NATION BE DESTITUTE RATHER THAN HARM HIS CHANCES FOR ANOTHER FOUR YEARS IN OFFICE.

5. "soft, professional way".......... Obama is the most petulent, partisan whiner ever to hold office. He is a far cry from a professional and is much more cocerned with his political career than the well being of the nation. He knows that his continued spending will result in our collective demise, but he simply does not care.
What I learnt at Glen Beck University:

b. 1 thru 4: What the poster could also watch and learnt at Fox.

b.5: How well I learnt for all of my efforts and am willing to share.

Old 04-25-2011, 03:05 PM

37,953 posts, read 22,057,225 times
Quote:

The rich wage earners pay a 35% tax rate, the poor pay none, infact, due to republican president Bush's tax cut doubling the standard deduction, the poor who file income taxes get back more money then they paid in. Explain to me how this welfare payment to the poor on tax day, is the rich throwing the poor under the bus?

It was the democrats who passed legislation, that 0bama signed, which slashed $500 billion from Medicare to fund 0bamaCare. It's the democrats who "intend to shift the increasing costs of health care to the elderly and disabled" by increasing the power and authority of 0bama's Politburo, the 15 member IPAB. How are they going to reduce health care costs in 0bamaCare, by cutting services, treatments, medicine and medical procedures to the healthy people?

Old 04-25-2011, 03:06 PM

30,024 posts, read 18,596,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtimer2 View Post
What I learnt at Glen Beck University:

b. 1 thru 4: What the poster could look up at Fox.

b.5: How well I learnt.
This is a perfect example of the smug sense of false superiority which liberals manifest as one of their main "symptoms". The other is obsession with spelling errors.

I would offer that I have had much more graduate level education and a higher IQ than you, yet you presume academic and intellectual superiority, as you have been trained and conditioned to do so. Ask any liberal- they are brilliant and every conservative is an idiot. It harkens to when the libs were calling George Bush an idiot during the 2006 election; oddly, Bush's IQ was higher than Kerry's, yet the left had knighted him a "genius"!

Now, if you could, please address issues and respond to them, rather than resorting to the typical refuge of libs- everything a conservative says is "soooo stupid", as they do not have the superior intellect, which I sport, which allows me to see the truth and purity of my politcal views.

Amazing, yet consistent. Liberals simply cannot bring themselves to actually state that entitlements must be cut to save the nation. There is probably a part of them, somewhere in the deep recesses of rationalism, that knows this to be true, but they cannot utter the words "cut entitlements". Any suggestion of this abject reality, which is obvious to even a child, is met with irrational diversional conversation and denial of the impending disaster which our entitlements present to our nation. Why is this so? No entitlements- No votes. The libs know that if they can no longer buy votes with hand outs, their political merry-go-round suddenly stops. This is terrifying to them, and they prefer to simply stick thier heads in the sand and ignore the problem.

Now enjoy yourself and correct my spelling errors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies