Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 03:10 PM

1,233 posts, read 1,218,293 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
This is a perfect example of the smug sense of false superiority which liberals manifest as one of their main "symptoms". The other is obsession with spelling errors.

I would offer that I have had much more graduate level education and a higher IQ than you, yet you presume academic and intellectual superiority, as you have been trained and conditioned to do so. Ask any liberal- they are brilliant and every conservative is an idiot. It harkens to when the libs were calling George Bush an idiot during the 2006 election; oddly, Bush's IQ was higher than Kerry's, yet the left had knighted him a "genius"!

Now, if you could, please address issues and respond to them, rather than resorting to the typical refuge of libs- everything a conservative says is "soooo stupid", as they do not have the superior intellect, which I sport, which allows me to see the truth and purity of my politcal views.

Amazing, yet consistent.

Hawket=ye:

"Now, if you could, please address issues and respond to them, rather than resorting to the typical refuge of libs- everything a conservative says is "soooo stupid", as they do not have the superior intellect, which I sport, which allows me to see the truth and purity of my politcal views."

What next, penis size?

I probably graduated college before you were born.

We are one society.

People kill each other for a few dollars.

Where are you going to hide from the reality of a dis-functional society?

Last edited by oldtimer2; 04-25-2011 at 03:20 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2011, 12:59 AM

4,494 posts, read 7,481,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Who claimed that anyone did? Why can't you answer my question? Why should anyone be allowed to live in this country and pay no federal income taxes on their income?
Two things, no, three things:

First, it may or may not of occured to you that people don't even make enough money to pay federal income taxes. That, in and of itself, is a shame, or moreover, a microcosm of the sad state of affairs. Maybe you'd want more people to make more money to pay federal taxes on their income, no?!

Second, there seems to be this notion that somehow, at the federal level, if you don't pay taxes, therefore you're not "entitled" to representation. Maybe there are some of you that want it that way. Just sayin'.....

Lastly, is reading comprehension a lacking skill among the general populace nowadays?!

Old 04-26-2011, 01:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
As for 11% versus 4%, last time I did any math 11% of $13.000 was a hell of a lot less than 4% of 229,000. this is the old argument the libs throw out all the time.

NIta
11% of 13,000 is 1,182.00.

4% of 229,000 is 5,7250.

Do you even realize what these numbers could mean in real terms in any given situation?

Geez, no wonder we have an outdated culture/mode of accessing/reading the GDP as though it were a one-dimensional tool to gauge all things considered.

Another example of an archaic conservative way to gauge the economy....

Old 04-26-2011, 01:54 AM

4,696 posts, read 5,822,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Grass Fever View Post
Two things, no, three things:

First, it may or may not of occured to you that people don't even make enough money to pay federal income taxes. That, in and of itself, is a shame, or moreover, a microcosm of the sad state of affairs. Maybe you'd want more people to make more money to pay federal taxes on their income, no?!

Second, there seems to be this notion that somehow, at the federal level, if you don't pay taxes, therefore you're not "entitled" to representation. Maybe there are some of you that want it that way. Just sayin'.....

Lastly, is reading comprehension a lacking skill among the general populace nowadays?!
Plenty of people who pay no federal income tax make more money than those who do pay taxes. It depends on how many tax credits they get. Many of those who pay no tax had to at least contribute something pre-Obama.

The fact that those who don't pay income tax and get handouts are allowed to vote is the main reason we have such a debt crisis right now. Of course they will vote for whoever (Democrats) will keep their gravy train rolling. The system can't survive with such a large % taking. .

Old 04-26-2011, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
Plenty of people who pay no federal income tax make more money than those who do pay taxes. It depends on how many tax credits they get. Many of those who pay no tax had to at least contribute something pre-Obama.

The fact that those who don't pay income tax and get handouts are allowed to vote is the main reason we have such a debt crisis right now. Of course they will vote for whoever (Democrats) will keep their gravy train rolling. The system can't survive with such a large % taking. .

Wow!

Here is a book i can recommend on the subject. While it doesn't talk about federal taxes per se, but a good read on the matter.

Here -- The New Press - "A People’s History of Poverty in America" by Stephen Pimpare

Old 04-26-2011, 10:23 AM

37,971 posts, read 22,147,086 times
Wow!

You guys need to take the rhetoric down a notch, the people on both sides of the issue sound like lunatics. I have no clue who took this thread down the crapper, but don't let some troll drag you all down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies