Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2011, 12:36 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,521,957 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
I dunno, I've never seen a former governor on that show before. Not that I have watched it too often.
Not all of the Palins have been governor. And NONE have served more than half a term.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2011, 01:14 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,589,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
How long til one of the Palins shows up on Jerry Springer?
It depends on the sales of Johnston's book. If nobody buys it, Jerry Springer becomes an option. (Several of the Palins forming professional wrestling tag teams might also be under consideration).

Old 04-27-2011, 06:30 AM

14,479 posts, read 11,273,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Not all of the Palins have been governor. And NONE have served more than half a term.
One of them has and I'd be willing to bet that's well above anyone on this board's families.

Old 05-04-2011, 02:23 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,964,709 times
A lot of people use ghost writers and many do not acknowledge them. If Levi gets a good one he will probably tell the story of his mom pushing drugs, etc, as well as stories of the Palins. Yeah, I think he is not a great person. If he had no intention of marrying the girl and did not intend to support the kid he should have insisted on an abortion. Maybe he did but Sarah talked her kid into having the kid.

My speculation is that the family promised him a good job where Palin's husband worked and then they would marry and live happily for at least a few years. The job fell through because people working there more qualified than he said they deserved the position. Since he did not get the job he did not marry the girl and now he's trying to make money in any way he can.

These are just my wild speculations.
I heard the daughter was moving to California. I wish her well. I think she'll start thinking independently when away from her mom's politics/influence. Remember, when she first started talking to the public she said 'just say no' does not work and kids should use birth control? What changed that good advice?

Old 05-04-2011, 03:30 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
A lot of people use ghost writers and many do not acknowledge them. If Levi gets a good one he will probably tell the story of his mom pushing drugs, etc, as well as stories of the Palins. Yeah, I think he is not a great person. If he had no intention of marrying the girl and did not intend to support the kid he should have insisted on an abortion. Maybe he did but Sarah talked her kid into having the kid.

My speculation is that the family promised him a good job where Palin's husband worked and then they would marry and live happily for at least a few years. The job fell through because people working there more qualified than he said they deserved the position. Since he did not get the job he did not marry the girl and now he's trying to make money in any way he can.

These are just my wild speculations.
I heard the daughter was moving to California. I wish her well. I think she'll start thinking independently when away from her mom's politics/influence. Remember, when she first started talking to the public she said 'just say no' does not work and kids should use birth control? What changed that good advice?

Well I do think you are right, he isn't the world best person and I don't think he will get much respect when the book is published.

As for the rest of what you said: I doubt they tried to con him into marrying her: no, he could not insist she have an abortion: are you familiar with the law? It is up to the woman to decide what to do with her body...

Obviously Bristol knew about birth control and she choose not to use it. She also did not beleive in abstancy (spelling) or she wouldn't have given into Mr Sex pot. BTW: "just say no" has nothing to do with Palin. It was the drug slogan used during the Reagan era.

NIta

Old 05-04-2011, 03:43 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,816,250 times
Levi is a idot .

Old 05-04-2011, 04:39 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,442,152 times
I live in Wasilla, Alaska. Maybe I should write a book and cash in on the Palin obcession...

Old 05-04-2011, 04:44 PM

7,184 posts, read 4,763,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Ugh!

Who gives a flying fart?

That young man would be much better off if he went to college, got a job and practiced safe sex.

I imagine the only people who'll buy that book will be journalists so they can stir the (crap) pot some more.

Old 05-04-2011, 05:10 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,338,075 times
Levi Johnston writing? I don't think so
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies