Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2011, 05:32 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,312,695 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1101 View Post
I wish some heterosexual out there would tell me how they came to "choose" to be a heterosexual.

That implies that being gay was also a choice.

Tell me, how did you compare your options and make the choice that you're going to be heterosexual?

Or, did you just always know it? You knew that being gay just wasn't someone you could be....you just always felt heterosexual. Right? It comes from a very deep part of who you are as a human being...right?

Why should it be any different for gay people?

And what would be the big draw to "become" a gay person?

"Hey! Be gay like me and you too can be mindlessly hated by mllions of people, oppressed by "christians" who take great joy in making sure you know you're going to hell, randomly beaten up or murdered by closet-case neanderthals who perceive you to be gay and you'll have a fraction of the civil rights heterosexuals have! Join us, won't you?"

Do you people realize how stupid your argument is?

You don't choose to be gay or heterosexual ... you just ARE.
Nobody chooses either way, well maybe some do but having a mental disorder or a birth defect is not a choice, not to many people would want to be homosexual it just doesn't make any sense. JMO feel free to believe what you want.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2011, 05:39 PM

48,505 posts, read 96,623,272 times
That also why we have challenges to decisions.

Old 04-26-2011, 05:57 PM

2,974 posts, read 1,975,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .highnlite View Post
If the Judge can be challenged because of his sexuality, then I suppose all heterosexual marriages and divorces that have been adjudicated by heterosexual judges need to be tossed out.
brilliant deduction!!...another mensa member trying to connect dots that don't exist....

Old 04-26-2011, 06:17 PM

415 posts, read 448,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
There is only a marriage between a man and a woman. That is a real family, the rest is dreams.

Take those gay males wanting marriage and put them on an island for 60 years and being they can not produce they will mostly all die out.
Same for the females.

Mad science aside, nature is nature.
Keep in mind, until the gays lobbied against scientists as a political body, they were considered mentally ill.

You can only ride these arguments so far IMO.
You're "not reproducing" argument is irrelevant. Considering that you are probably white, and considering that whites have less and less children and still marry.

You base your argumentation on made-up religion.

We all know you're not concerned about reproducing, but following a book someone made-up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
That also why we have challenges to decisions.
I wouldn't talk much here if I were you. Why don't you fix your grammar first? And all those spelling errors? Will there ever be a post without spelling errors and/or grammar errors from you?

Old 04-26-2011, 06:28 PM

9,879 posts, read 7,995,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gone down south View Post
The challenge isn't because a gay judge is adjudicating a case involving gay rights, it's because a judge was asked to rule on a case who's specifics (marriage rights) directly affected him.

A better analogy would be a judge who owns property in a given city being asked to rule on property tax in that city.
No comparison.

"If you thought a judge's sexuality, ethnicity, national origin (or) gender would prevent the judge from handling a case, that's a very slippery slope," Walker said. "I don't think it's relevant."

Retired California state Judge Jeffrey Rothman said bias claims have arisen in the past surrounding judges with strong religious views. But he noted that the bar for disqualification is purposefully set high. Lawyers representing a clinic that performed abortions, for example, would not be able to challenge a devoutly Catholic judge, he said.

"They would get absolutely nowhere with such a challenge unless that judge had gone out and made statements or speeches saying he believed that Roe v. Wade ought to be overturned if that case ever came before them," Rothman said. "The question is, can the beliefs be set aside and the judge decide the case on its merits and be fair."

This will go nowhere.

Old 04-26-2011, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
No comparison.

"If you thought a judge's sexuality, ethnicity, national origin (or) gender would prevent the judge from handling a case, that's a very slippery slope," Walker said. "I don't think it's relevant."

Retired California state Judge Jeffrey Rothman said bias claims have arisen in the past surrounding judges with strong religious views. But he noted that the bar for disqualification is purposefully set high. Lawyers representing a clinic that performed abortions, for example, would not be able to challenge a devoutly Catholic judge, he said.

"They would get absolutely nowhere with such a challenge unless that judge had gone out and made statements or speeches saying he believed that Roe v. Wade ought to be overturned if that case ever came before them," Rothman said. "The question is, can the beliefs be set aside and the judge decide the case on its merits and be fair."

This will go nowhere.
Great points. They won't have anything to say about this, though. As usual.

Old 04-26-2011, 07:41 PM

858 posts, read 705,577 times
[quote=yeahthatguy;18899647]Point me to the genes and the scientific studies that show people are gay and I will .. Until then you claim that gay people are born gay are baselessquote]

show me scientific proof that God exists. Until you can, he doesn't and everyone who believes it just a complete moron.

Old 04-26-2011, 08:07 PM

6,414 posts, read 10,464,452 times
No church has ever been forced to accept of perform gay marriages. They have freedoms and protections for just that. A church can refuse to perform any marriage even. Right now it is the LGBT people that are being forced to follow laws enacted because of religion. Is that right? Black, white, asian, it does not matter, Equal rights are for everyone and are not up to the majority to rule upon. Gays are people too, not abominations or something "god' did not create. If god created everything, then he created us too. We are in his image too, not just straight people. Oh, last time I asked any of my gay or lesbian friends, they nor I made a choice to be homosexual. It is natural and is part of nature, get used to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeahthatguy View Post
Marriage is not a legal status. A legal partnership is .. Give them their legal partnership status and stop trying to force a religious group to accept something their religious books do not approve of.

I for once agree w/ .highnlite, two gay people cannot naturally reproduce ... Put em on an island and let em die out. Choices have consequences in life. When you go against nature there are consequences... Let them make their choice and live w/ it.

As for blacks... Last i checked, I was born black ... which can be traced down to my DNA ... I don't recall there being scientific proof people are born gay.

Circling back... choices have consequences .... This is America, I have nothing wrong w/ gay people joining in union. However, with that comes consequences. Let them be adults about the decisions they make and reap the rewards and consequences. And leave the church and the holy sanctimony of marriage out of it.. Call it a union and give them all the legal rights they want. Its funny how liberals can see the wrong on one side with someone forcing them to try to conform to being straight but can't see the wrong in trying to force the church and religious institutions to accept their CHOICE even when their religious text does not accept it..

And stop trying to use blacks/slavery as some way of arguing for illegal immigrants/gays... They are in no way similar in magnitude or right.

Old 04-26-2011, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Point me to the genes and the scientific studies that show people are gay and I will .. Until then you claim that gay people are born gay are baseless... and I find it amazing that all of a sudden more and more people (more than ever in history) are being Born gay... I guess you'd lead me to believe that trend is due to evolution of sorts... and then not point out what scientific fact your claims are based.
No, it's not baseless. What made you straight? Exactly, nothing. You were born this way. What genes made you straight? I'm not an expert, but no one knows that yet. Same thing. There aren't more gay people, there are jsut more who come out.

And, you can't even name one single reason why people would even "choose" to be gay. You're argumentation is moronic and baseless.

[quote=yeahboy79;18903226]
Quote:
Point me to the genes and the scientific studies that show people are gay and I will .. Until then you claim that gay people are born gay are baselessquote]

show me scientific proof that God exists. Until you can, he doesn't and everyone who believes it just a complete moron.
Isn't that true.

Old 04-26-2011, 08:15 PM

6,414 posts, read 10,464,452 times
I got married to my partner of 32 years in 2008. We call it a marriage and if you do not like it. Too darn bad. Gay legal unions have been blasted down by the republicans and DOMA. All evidence shows that any other designated separate union term for gay marriage will and is treated as second class. The only way to make it equal is the same term and same rights. There is no proof that gays choose to be gay, so the only ones that can show that are us gays. We know we did not make a choice, why is that not good enough for you? Why do straights think they know all about being gay when they are not gay. That is like a white person saying they know what it is like to be black. Not going to happen. Did you choose to be straight? Do you remember when? I doubt it

Quote:
Here we go again.. another one.
Yes... blacks are humans.... mixed race marriage (straight) is a natural union between two Human beings.... they can procreate naturally like any other same race (straight) couple.

Scientifically I am black as can be traced to my DNA.
Scientifically can you prove that people are born gay?

So, until then... it's a choice .... an unnatural choice that has natural consequences (can't procreate) ....

So the two are in no way the same and you're a clown for trying to equate them.

But hey, I'm not against a legal gay union....
Let them have their legal union. But it's not to be called a marriage .. because that's not what a marriage is defined as.

and no, just like no one has to accept me marrying a white woman.. no one has to accept them as being a gay couple .. because its america and you have the freedom to like as much as you have the freedom to dislike and no one is to be forced to accept or like anything they don't wish to.

Just as an illegal immigrant makes a choice to cross the border and break our laws .... a gay person makes a choice ...

So no.. they are not like slaves who were FORCED here. and they are not like blacks who are genetically born that way.. as the later didn't have a CHOICE.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies