Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2011, 08:50 AM

1,496 posts, read 3,385,843 times

Advertisements

Another example of how Ron Paul can diffuse the fiscal liberals and social conservatives with merely one important weapon; The US Constitution.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2011, 08:54 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,729,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHartphotog View Post
He's absolutely right about everything. When a liberal celebrity says something as ludicrous as "But HOW do we get out of the wars?" he makes the common-sense reply "The same way we got into them--we marched right in, so let's turn around and march right out again!" It's like a wise elder talking to a 5-year-old. Nothing is keeping us at war except the obedience of "our" elected officials to their owners/masters, the ultra-rich who profit from the military-industrial complex that is bankrupting our nation and diverting tax money from the "needy" to the filthy rich.

As to Planned Parenthood, considering how little taxpayer money actually goes to abortions for poor women, it really isn't a big deal to separate that agency and a million other charities from taxpayer support. If government limited itself to the things it actually should be doing, all working taxpayers would have more of their own earnings to distribute to the charities THEY support--instead of handing their earnings to a corrupt politician who then gains power from handing the money to HIS favorite charities.

Actually, whether you are a Republican or Democrat or Libertarian, you would be wise to support a Libertarian like Ron Paul. The changes he'll make will be the only way the system can survive even a little while longer. The Republicrat Party has made it more than clear that absolutely NOTHING will change in their behavior, so voting for either in 2012 will cause the collapse to happen as quickly as possible. If you are already in your defensible rural homestead, with food and water and arms and precious metals stockpiled, maybe you want it all to come crashing down ASAP. But that isn't most of us. And even if it is you, you can use a few more years to prepare, because it won't go down exactly as you expect.

Without govt support they cannot afford to be a liberal.

Old 04-26-2011, 09:03 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,452,578 times
Quote:
He's absolutely right about everything.
ROFLMAO!

Quote:
Actually, whether you are a Republican or Democrat or Libertarian, you would be wise to support a Libertarian like Ron Paul.
Only if they are brain-dead Paulite fanatics.

Old 04-26-2011, 09:11 AM

2,908 posts, read 3,873,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
ROFLMAO!

Please, be specific about what you don't like about Paul and tell us what you would propose instead?

Old 04-26-2011, 09:13 AM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times
Quote:
ROFLMAO!

Neocons and authoritarians don't like Ron Paul, but then again they don't respect the constitution either.

Old 04-26-2011, 09:22 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,013,481 times
Is Ron Paul the one that wants to see the end of ALL government subsidies to private businesses and organizations? I saw him on TV this week (Hannity) but I'm not sure if he was the one who said it or someone else said it while discussing the oil companies.

Anyway, whoever said it, I think it's a good idea.

Old 04-26-2011, 09:24 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,452,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theS5 View Post
Please, be specific about what you don't like about Paul and tell us what you would propose instead?
I do not like the fact that he voted to send the military to war, then refused to fund them. I do not like the fact that he repeatedly claims to be for "free trade" while voting against every free trade agreement introduced in the House for the last 30 years while proposing none of his own.

Ron Paul is an anti-military, isolationist, hypocrite who should be locked away in a rubber-room.

For the morons who think Ron Paul has even a remote chance of becoming President, I would like to remind them that he could not be elected to the House if he ran as a Libertarian. Ron Paul has to pretend to be Republican just to get elected. As a Libertarian, Ron Paul would be lucky to get 0.5% of the popular vote.

Old 04-26-2011, 11:47 AM

2,908 posts, read 3,873,444 times
Quote:
I do not like the fact that he voted to send the military to war, then refused to fund them. I do not like the fact that he repeatedly claims to be for "free trade" while voting against every free trade agreement introduced in the House for the last 30 years while proposing none of his own.

Ron Paul is an anti-military, isolationist, hypocrite who should be locked away in a rubber-room.

For the morons who think Ron Paul has even a remote chance of becoming President, I would like to remind them that he could not be elected to the House if he ran as a Libertarian. Ron Paul has to pretend to be Republican just to get elected. As a Libertarian, Ron Paul would be lucky to get 0.5% of the popular vote.

I am not too sure about his ability to get elected either, but I don't think that your assertions are correct. In fact, he is the only one who seems to not kowtow to special interests.

Would you cite examples or are you just regurgitating what you have heard?

Old 04-26-2011, 11:55 AM

4,300 posts, read 4,408,773 times
He did not vote to send the military to war and then decide to not fund them. He approved our military action against Al Quaeda and the Taliban (for harboring them) - he (and the rest of Congress) did NOT approve a military occupation. When THAT vote came up - he voted AGAINST it. As for being a moron for supporting Ron Paul . . .

Old 04-26-2011, 12:16 PM

1,933 posts, read 1,825,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
Ron Paul will not make Obama's youth and inexperience an issue in this campaign.
The voters will make the old man just what he is A VERY OLD MAN TO BE PRESIDENT OF THE USA!. Don't know how you read that in my post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies