Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2011, 09:39 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times

Advertisements

WTF? FOX is wrong. There have been several threads on here with links to that very Easter statement.

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...statement.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2011, 09:52 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,286,380 times
Who cares. We don't live in a theocracy. Religion and politics should never mix.

Old 04-26-2011, 11:40 PM

1,777 posts, read 1,402,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
What mistake? Obama did not issue a statement or a proclamation recognizing the national observance of Easter Sunday. That is a fact. Yes, he went to church. Yes, he said "happy easter". Yes, he hid some eggs.

He did, however, issue a statement of proclamation recognizing Ramadan, Eid-ul-Fitr, Hajj, and Eid-ul-Adha.
So speaking at an Easter Prayer breakfast and making extensive remarks about the religious aspects of Easter, and having those remarks posted on YouTube doesn't count because it wasn't a "statement" or "proclamation?" That's a kinda strange and needlessly formalistic way of looking at it.

Old 04-27-2011, 12:06 AM

9,437 posts, read 7,364,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
And don't forget...it's so easy to find idiotic things he does!!!
If Obama didn't do so many it would be harder to point them out, wouldn't it.

Old 04-27-2011, 05:33 AM

5,938 posts, read 4,696,461 times
I'm not exactly an avid supporter of our current administration, but...

Seriously, we have an 18-page thread on this? The dude went to church. That should make people happy. What's the big deal?

Maybe the White House decided it was time to stop wasting time with a prepared statement for holidays. And if they decided to stop it on a Jewish holiday, some people would be up in arms about that, too.

The guy is Christian and for the Americans that feel that religion is so important to the highest office in the US, that should be enough for you.

This is making a mountain out of a mole hill. If I was Carney, I'd be laughing too. This is just silly.

Old 04-27-2011, 05:49 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,589,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dspguy View Post

Seriously, we have an 18-page thread on this?
Hang around for seven months and see if he makes a Christmas statement. If you thought this thread was silly (and it definitely is), wait and see what happens as we get closer to December!

Old 04-27-2011, 07:15 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,324,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txgolfer130 View Post
What a bunch of malarky. There have been NOT ONE SINGLE proclamations from any President according to official record going back to 1972 (as far as I went back).

This is a deliberate and un-Christian false witness attack on the President and another of God's children. I would reserve extra time at your local synagogue/Church/mosque this weekend. You and others who are pushing this false witness attack have some 'splainin' to do.
Well now, I would call the above a lie, and the person who made this statement a liar, but C-D doesn't care for such language, so I'll just label the above an untruth being promulgated by the left and left-wing blogs because they know America is primarily a Christian nation and this was a deliberate sleight aimed at the entire Christian community.

Here's our last President:

Easter Greetings

President's Easter Message

President's Easter Message

There are more but I think you get the point.

Old 04-27-2011, 08:28 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,456,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dspguy View Post

Seriously, we have an 18-page thread on this? The dude went to church. That should make people happy. What's the big deal?

Maybe the White House decided it was time to stop wasting time with a prepared statement for holidays. And if they decided to stop it on a Jewish holiday, some people would be up in arms about that, too.

The guy is Christian and for the Americans that feel that religion is so important to the highest office in the US, that should be enough for you.

This is making a mountain out of a mole hill. If I was Carney, I'd be laughing too. This is just silly.
Unfortunately it's not enough because people believe Obama is Muslim based on evidence like the following:

Quote:
Obama's middle name (Hussein) references Husayn, who was the grandson of Muhammad,[264][265] which most Christians would not retain.[266]
Then-Senator Obama wearing traditional African garb, a gift from his hosts while visiting Kenya[267]

Obama uses the Muslim Pakistani pronunciation for "Pakistan" rather than the common American one.[277]

Obama visited "more than one mosque" in Kenya while on a political trip there but did not visit any churches, although there are a large proportion of churches and even a National Temple in Kenya.[280]

At the G20 summit in April 2009, Obama bowed deeply to Saudi King Abdullah, a Muslim who is also the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques.[288]

On April 7, 2009, Obama visited a mosque in Istanbul, Turkey.[298]
Obviously things like wearing African garb and pronouncing it "Pawkistawn" and not "Packistan" make you Muslim.

Barack Hussein Obama - Conservapedia

Old 04-27-2011, 08:35 AM

2,208 posts, read 1,835,278 times
Who cares? I kind of wish he didn't reference any religious holiday.

Old 04-27-2011, 09:57 AM

3,644 posts, read 6,302,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
White House Laughs Off Obama Not Giving Easter Proclamation - War On Easter - Fox Nation
Quote:
By comparison, the White House has released statements recognizing the observance of major Muslim holidays and released statements in 2010 on Ramadan, Eid-ul-Fitr, Hajj, and Eid-ul-Adha.

The White House also failed to release a statement marking Good Friday. However, they did release an eight-paragraph statement heralding Earth Day. Likewise, the president's weekend address mentioned neither Good Friday or Easter.
And yet the left wonders why people think he is a Muslim.
Obama hates Western civilization and that means Christianity too sicne that is a large part of our civilization. Of cours,e if I had gone to a racist Black identiy church like he had for 20 years I'd probably hate Christianity too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies