Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2011, 09:04 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,529,442 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
I guess Easter just isn't Islamic enough for him.
Islam, Christianity, Judaism...

All the same middle eastern mythology.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2011, 09:05 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,932,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
I still think it is a very sad time in our country! Will be until he is out of office.
Six more years is the most likely future, especially when you look at what the GOP is thinking of as alternatives.
Casper

Old 04-26-2011, 09:06 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,869,107 times
Obama is not a religious leader. He's a political leader. Therefore, there is no need for him to make a statement about a religious holiday.

And since the damned if you do, damned if you don't crew is out in force, you criticize him for going to a church service. You criticize him for attending the Easter Egg Roll on the White House lawn. And you criticize him because he didn't make a big long speech about Easter. Is there ANYTHING you don't criticize him about?

Old 04-26-2011, 09:06 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,458,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bc42gb43 View Post
Thanks for posting the video, and captioned at that. Would rep you if I could.

Old 04-26-2011, 09:07 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,932,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
Traditionally, a national Easter address is made by the President during their weekly radio address (a tradition FDR started). Obama failed to keep that tradition this year. Only a complete idiot would deny that reality.
And only an idiot would contend that the original post here was the truth.
Casper

Old 04-26-2011, 09:09 AM

5,872 posts, read 8,091,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
I don't offer one single apology. In order to be a Christian, you have to hold a certain contempt for other religions. That's just the way it is. Otherwise, your God wouldn't be your God.
This is the most UN-Christian thing I've heard in quite a while. And I'M 100% positive the comments that just emanated from your brain through your hands to the keys on your computer were EXACTLY NOT what Jesus Christ or God had in mind.

You've just failed every single thing about being Christian EVER.

Good luck w/ the rest of eternity. I'd get used to wearing a summer weight clothing style.

Old 04-26-2011, 09:12 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,106,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
The War On Christianity is perpetuated right in our own White House. How lovely.

The only War on Christianity is that perpetuated by the anal retentive holier than thou knee jerk I'm a Christian and you suck mentality that I see all to often.

Give me a break here. An Easter Statement???? Isn't that why we go to church? Do we have to have an affirmation from the POTUS to make us feel legitimate???

He had the traditional secular egg roll on the White House Lawn.

Jesus is shaking his head right now.

Old 04-26-2011, 09:16 AM

1,777 posts, read 1,402,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
Traditionally, a national Easter address is made by the President during their weekly radio address (a tradition FDR started). Obama failed to keep that tradition this year. Only a complete idiot would deny that reality.
Every year?

George W. Bush: The President's Radio Address

I would also say that saying "Happy Easter" without much more than that, is not quite "a national Easter address." Examples of that would be here:

William J. Clinton: The President's Radio Address
George Bush: Radio Address to the Nation on Job Training 2000

Uh oh, Reagan didn't mention Easter during his radio address in 1984! Obviously he was a crypto-Muslim!

Ronald Reagan: Radio Address to the Nation on the Economic Recovery Program and on Tax Reductions

Old 04-26-2011, 09:18 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,106,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bc42gb43 View Post
Every year?

I would also say that saying "Happy Easter" without much more than that, is not quite "a national Easter address." Examples of that would be here:

William J. Clinton: The President's Radio Address
George Bush: Radio Address to the Nation on Job Training 2000

Uh oh, Reagan didn't mention Easter during his radio address in 1984! Obviously he was a crypto-Muslim!

Ronald Reagan: Radio Address to the Nation on the Economic Recovery Program and on Tax Reductions

Yeah, but this is Obama, none of the others count in hypocrisy-world.

Old 04-26-2011, 10:21 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,439,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Everything this President does not do, i take very seriously. The things he does so wrong, i take extremely seriously. Don't trust him, sorry never will, something about him, and i am not the only one who feels this way.
Oh and by the way my feelings has nothing what so ever to do with Fox, i had these feelings before he was running, and still feel the same, oh excuse me, i trust him even LESS!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies