Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2011, 10:24 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,121,445 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by txgolfer130 View Post
This is the most UN-Christian thing I've heard in quite a while. And I'M 100% positive the comments that just emanated from your brain through your hands to the keys on your computer were EXACTLY NOT what Jesus Christ or God had in mind.

You've just failed every single thing about being Christian EVER.

Good luck w/ the rest of eternity. I'd get used to wearing a summer weight clothing style.
Riiiiigggggghhhhhtttt. Jesus would not think too kindly of you worshiping Mohammad. If you are a Christian, you should know this. He would expect nothing less from you, in fact. Something about the "no other Gods before me" comes to mind. Does that ring a bell?

Are you confused? You certainly seem to be.

I sincerely hope you respond, because it sounds like you need a good straigtening out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2011, 10:27 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,121,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
The only War on Christianity is that perpetuated by the anal retentive holier than thou knee jerk I'm a Christian and you suck mentality that I see all to often.

Give me a break here. An Easter Statement???? Isn't that why we go to church? Do we have to have an affirmation from the POTUS to make us feel legitimate???

He had the traditional secular egg roll on the White House Lawn.

Jesus is shaking his head right now.
He's definitely shaking his head right now. On that, we concur. He's shaking his head at this whole world. Has been for a long time. Hope you're ready for the day he says enough is enough.

Old 04-26-2011, 11:20 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,940,832 times
How interesting. Obama hasn't missed sending out greetings to muslims.

Old 04-26-2011, 11:24 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,535,277 times
Default Read the thread. The OP is false/misleading

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
How interesting. Obama hasn't missed sending out greetings to muslims.

Didn't miss Easter, either.

Of course, as the head of a secular government, no president has any business speaking up on religious topics, anyway.

Old 04-26-2011, 11:28 AM

7,006 posts, read 6,993,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Didn't miss Easter, either.

Of course, as the head of a secular government, no president has any business speaking up on religious topics, anyway.
Wishing the majority of Christian America a Happy Easter is hardly "speaking up on religious topics". It's only controversial to anti-American Dhimmicrat gay atheists.

Old 04-26-2011, 11:28 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,973,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Obama is not a religious leader. He's a political leader. Therefore, there is no need for him to make a statement about a religious holiday.

And since the damned if you do, damned if you don't crew is out in force, you criticize him for going to a church service. You criticize him for attending the Easter Egg Roll on the White House lawn. And you criticize him because he didn't make a big long speech about Easter. Is there ANYTHING you don't criticize him about?
Then why did he put one out for the muslim holidays? Can't have it both ways.

Old 04-26-2011, 11:43 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,328,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
So what he forgot? He released statements for the Jewish holidays etc.
He didn't forget. Presidents have lots of people around to remind them of these things. This was a deliberate slight and people won't forget.

Old 04-26-2011, 11:47 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,874,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Then why did he put one out for the muslim holidays? Can't have it both ways.
Why not? He can speak out on any holiday he wishes. But he's a political leader, not a religious leader, so when he doesn't speak out on a holiday, tain't your business. He celebrated it. But the "damned if you do, damned if you don't" people have to have something to complain about, don't they? Always with the onslaught of criticism, no balance, no perspective. Hate, hate, hate......

Old 04-26-2011, 11:47 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,535,277 times
Smile Who made this into a controversy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
Wishing the majority of Christian America a Happy Easter is hardly "speaking up on religious topics". It's only controversial to anti-American Dhimmicrat gay atheists.
Like Fox News.

White House Laughs Off Obama Not Giving Easter Proclamation - War On Easter - Fox Nation

Old 04-26-2011, 11:49 AM

13,285 posts, read 15,302,626 times
Here, I'll make an Easter statement for ya...

It didn't happen. People don't rise from the dead.

Easter is symbolic of springtime. The time of year when trees and plants "come back to life" Do you see the connection?

I can't wait for the day when our elected officials stop pandering to the backwards delusionists who can't separate 1000's of years old comic books from reality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies