U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Thanksgiving Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2011, 08:11 AM

35,799 posts, read 35,604,481 times

Advertisements

"The U.S. Department of State is proposing a new Biographical Questionnaire for some passport applicants: The proposed new Form DS-5513 asks for all addresses since birth; lifetime employment history including employers’ and supervisors names, addresses, and telephone numbers; personal details of all siblings; mother’s address one year prior to your birth; any “religious ceremony” around the time of birth; and a variety of other information. According to the proposed form, “failure to provide the information requested may result in … the denial of your U.S. passport application.”

State Dept. wants to make it harder to get a passport

Are they pulling our collective legs? Who comes up with this crazy stuff in the government?

Not that I'm planning a trip out of the country but I'm thinking the older you are the harder it would be to have or get this information. I certainly don't know all 25 plus address where I've lived and I don't know all the addresses where I worked either since I was 15 years old, nevermind the supervisors' names, addresses and telephone numbers. I don't even remember the supervisor's telephone number from the last job I had before I retired.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2011, 08:14 AM

86,068 posts, read 76,181,142 times
The government already HAS everything it wants on you..all they need is to key in your SS and press the enter key.

Old 04-26-2011, 08:16 AM

41,478 posts, read 53,795,636 times
Why do we trade Liberty for insecurity?

Old 04-26-2011, 08:17 AM

34,778 posts, read 18,884,100 times
This worked with mixed results in East Germany.

Old 04-26-2011, 08:21 AM

16,546 posts, read 12,105,079 times
They just don't want those of us who can think for ourselves to go to Europe and see what an actual mess it is while they try to model America after it.

Old 04-26-2011, 08:27 AM

22,770 posts, read 27,545,887 times
I see no reason for paranoia. It looks to me that they don't want illegal immigrants obtaining passports too easily.

From the supporting documentation, found in the link, which evidently no one bothered to read:

The Biographical Questionnaire for a U.S. Passport, form DS-5513, is used to supplement an application for a U.S. passport when the applicant submits citizenship or identity evidence that is insufficient or of questionable authenticity.

My understanding is that people can get a "matricula consular" from the Mexican consulate that is essentially a fraudulent ID card from the Mexican government. My initial reaction is that this new regulation is another line of defense to prevent future abuses of foreign-issued ID's.

Old 04-26-2011, 08:28 AM

2,280 posts, read 2,272,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
They just don't want those of us who can think for ourselves to go to Europe and see what an actual mess it is while they try to model America after it.
Maybe it is the opposite. They don't want people to travel to other places and see how good they have it and what an actual mess the U.S. has become.

Old 04-26-2011, 08:29 AM

1,725 posts, read 1,078,370 times
It is going to get worse - alot worse. Just wait til we have 9/11 part 2 and this time its a small mushroom cloud event and martial law is declared. East Germany you say - well the former head of the East German Stasi Marcus Wolf helped create Homeland Security as did 2 former heads of the KGB. Then read all about the power given to FEMA under Executive Orders in such a event. Hard checkpoints and "your papers please" are on the way.........

http://www.infowars.com/articles/ps/...meland_sec.htm

Last edited by Watchman57; 04-26-2011 at 08:34 AM.. Reason: forgot to add link

Old 04-26-2011, 08:29 AM

16,546 posts, read 12,105,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by revrandy View Post
Maybe it is the opposite. They don't want people to travel to other places and see how good they have it and what an actual mess the U.S. has become.
Yeah, that's it. All those riots over there are a clear example of how well they are doing.

Old 04-26-2011, 08:31 AM

8,283 posts, read 12,326,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
The government already HAS everything it wants on you..all they need is to key in your SS and press the enter key.
Happy Texan? I normally disagree with your political viewpoints but your post nailed this on the head! I work in a business where clients have to give me their SS number and man you would not believe the amount of information I can gather about you in minutes!

Also not just basic info like where & when you were born but things like your criminal history! If I really wanted to get nosy I could probably know what you did purchase and where you ate in the last 24 hours.

Unless you pay cash for everything it's all tracked.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies