Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2011, 09:55 AM

1,496 posts, read 3,385,843 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
I don't think guaranteed student loans are "government" money. You don't apply to the government. You apply to the bank. The loan is guaranteed by the government, but the money is not government money unless someone defaults. Obama paid back his loans, so therefore your argument is moot.
Not so fast He took government grants as well. Furthermore, I am more interested in the Loan and grant applications than his grades. Since these are government business transactions they should be suject to FOIL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2011, 09:56 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,545,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Maybe you can explain to me how exactly it's obvious he's above-average intelligence? I'm really not seeing it. His lack of economic understanding is unbelievable. Foreign policy? Well, he might have a grasp of that, but we'll never know, since he really doesn't do much more than bow around the world. Only a lecturer at the university. Never quite finished his terms of office.

I'm waiting....
You are "outstanding"!!!

Old 04-27-2011, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofurkey View Post
He does. The name is Soros.
BOOOYAH!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-27-2011, 09:58 AM

1,496 posts, read 3,385,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Such an explanation would be of service to students wishing to extend their education to prominent schools of higher education.

Many admirers would wish to emulate the strategy of their presidential heroes.

Give me the game plan for success. Who wouldn't want to share?
This begs the question, why is it worse than pulling teeth without novacaine to get this guy to release his "proud academic records" from Columbia and Harvard?

Old 04-27-2011, 10:02 AM

BUSH DID IT.....

George W. Bush's YALE Transcript: GeorgeWBush.org :: Official Site to Re-Select Bush/Cheney in 2004!

Old 04-27-2011, 10:03 AM

1,233 posts, read 1,218,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brien51 View Post
I did read it and if YOU cn show me where it says that those who accept government grants and student tuition loans guaranteed by the government aply to this link, please do. I saw nothing that addresses this issue. So once again, FAIL

Show me the LAW that says government student loans and government grants are NOT subject to FOI.

Try this link:

Freedom of Information Requests (FOIL)

</H3>
I don't see anything pertaining to government grants and government student loans in the exceptions but maybe you can supply the proof here. Since government student loans and grants are business transactions, they seem to be subject to FOIL.

But once again, if you can show me the specific law that specifically states government student loans and grants are NOT subject to FOIL, I will concede the point.
Under FOIL, some records may be withheld from the public. For example, FOIL may not be used to invade the personal privacy of others (information such as home telephone numbers, home addresses, and Social Security numbers, will not be released). FOIL may not be used for unfair business competition or to obtain trade secrets. Records may not be released if their disclosure would endanger the life and safety of others. Other records may be withheld, or redacted, under FOIL as well.

..."Generally, schools must have written permission from the parent or eligible student in order to release any information from a student's education record."

Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)

Old 04-27-2011, 10:04 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brien51 View Post
Not so fast He took government grants as well. Furthermore, I am more interested in the Loan and grant applications than his grades. Since these are government business transactions they should be suject to FOIL.
Clearly there is information that is NOT subject to Freedom of Information. For instance, if every application for a guaranteed student loan and for various grants were not redacted to exclude personal information, then the Freedom of Information Act would be a vehicle for identity theft. Your application for a social security number contains vital information that could easily make you vulnerable to identity theft. Your argument has no validity because there is clearly an interest by the government in preventing identity theft.

Old 04-27-2011, 10:11 AM

Obama can only blame himself for this.....stuff he should have leased 2 years ago! But the media protected him and still does.

Then went after GOP candidates with great fury!

George W. Bush military service controversy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Remember this:
Quote:

Are the Media Going Overboard on George Bush's 24-year-old DUI?

Aired November 4, 2000 - 6:30 p.m. ET

THIS IS A RUSH TRANSCRIPT. THIS COPY MAY NOT BE IN ITS FINAL FORM AND MAY BE UPDATED.

HOWARD KURTZ, HOST: The November surprise. Are the media going overboard on George Bush's 24-year-old conviction for driving under the influence? Was a Maine television reporter used by the Democrats? And should pundits be predicting that Al Gore will lose the election? And why some liberals are blaming the press.

And Palin...

Sarah Palin's College Record | Edu in Review Blog

So why not Obama??

Old 04-27-2011, 10:15 AM

6,485 posts, read 12,535,852 times
I guess I'm perplexed as to what conservatives hope to gain by seeing Obama's college transcripts. Bush 43 was always upfront in stating that he wasn't the best student, but that didn't seem to quell his support from conservatives. Furthermore, let's assume the charge that Obama only got into Columbia and Harvard because of Affirmative Action is true -- so what? If he met the degree requirements at both schools, why does that matter?

Old 04-27-2011, 10:17 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
Obama can only blame himself for this.....stuff he should have leased 2 years ago! But the media protected him and still does.

Then went after GOP candidates with great fury!

George W. Bush military service controversy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Remember this:

And Palin...

Sarah Palin's College Record | Edu in Review Blog

So why not Obama??
Because Obama did release a valid birth certificate? The media did examine it and determine it was genuine, that it bore the proper signature and was notarized properly? Then Hawaii state officials came out and also confirmed that it was a valid birth certificate? Oh, you thought that the media should take the side of birthers who dismissed all this, and couldn't even provide a coherent story to support their conspiracy theory?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies